“A GEM IN HATTON GARDEN”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Holborn
Reviewed 30 July 2013

It was a lunch with two retired colleagues from an international banking group - three with me. One had been a director of its UK subsidiary. Fabrizio's has been a favourite of mine for years, whether it is pre theatre, business, or with friends. The meals have always been A1. The owner is Sicilian and ensures that the best produce is secured. OK, it is not the poshest restaurant in town, but it is homely and the food is of a persistently high standard. The view of our former boss - 'My kind of Italian restaurant - not pretentious, friendly service with fantastic food.'

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Haven't been for a couple of years but this little restaurant is still as great as ever.
Had a great meal and the service is friendly and welcoming as always

Reviewed 27 April 2013

It's always good to find an Italian restaurant in the UK with an interesting and varied menu that doesn't contain the usual standbys. The food is unpretentious and tasty, so much better than the chain restaurants that proliferate, and the portions are just the right size without being too much. Good wine list too. The service was excellent throughout the meal. Next time I'm in the area I'll definitely be looking to go back.

1  Thank stentorio
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I am a P.A. and I booked a table for 3 people for a business lunch for our company with an Italian gentleman over the telephone. When the party arrived they were told they did not have a table booked!!!! and they could not accommodate 3 people as they were too busy. No apologies, they were just very rude and to my embarrassment the party had to go elsewhere. When I telephoned to find out what had happened they answered the phone with "what do you want, we are too busy" or words to that effect. We will not be booking again. Politeness does not cost anything.

2  Thank Kami92
Reviewed 25 January 2013

This must be the best there is without a doubt, and I surely know being myself Italian and spending so much time in restaurants all over the world because of work. This little gem is quite hidden (thank God for that or you wouldn't be able to book a table) and quite cosy. The food is just superb every single time, varied and beautifully prepared. Excellent and quick service and the wine list can satisfy the most demanding conosseur.
Fabrizio himself is a wonderful host and has a personal touch for every each one of his guests.
I have brought clients as well as friends and it is a triumph every single time.
Bravo Fabrizio, and please do not advertise where you are otherwise I will have to fight for a table next time...

1  Thank FranzPAGOT