“Beautiful Bottarga Tagliatelle! ”
Review of Isola del Sole

Isola del Sole
Ranked #7,623 of 23,655 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Isola del Sole is the door to the Mediterranean in south-west London. With fresh and daily-made pasta, an array of flavours and the rich passion of life in every dish, this little Sardinian jewel is enough to make you feel like you're dining out by the Italian coast rather than by the bustling sounds of Putney. We are open Monday to Sunday, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

I recently had a lovely evening here with my boyfriend. I am a pasta fanatic and this was fresh and tasty. The staff were happy to help and recommended me this dish as it's a Sardinian classic and the owners of the restaurant are Sardinian.
Overall, a really nice, relaxing and warm vibe - will be coming here again!

Date of visit: May 2017
Write a reviewReviews (125)

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

I treated my boyfriend to a meal here for our anniversary after salivating at their Instagram and I was not disappointed. The feel of the place is really intimate and low key, the staff know what they're talking about and we had some fabulous Cannonau wine to go with our meal. The menu is selective which meant everything on there was both in season and of quality, the chocolate mousse for desert was divine and my boyfriend tried the classic Sardinian desert called Seadas which was a real delightful surprise. All in all, a really great visit - will definitely be back.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

I've been a local of Isola for countless years now and I always enjoy my time there. It's the ultimate southern Italian relaxed atmosphere with great quality food and pride in fresh ingredients. It's a real gem of a place and probably one of my favourite independent places in Putney. The staff are friendly, warm and not over bearing so you really get to enjoy the experience of eating out - not rushed and always made to feel at home. I really have no complaints, just keep being a true, Putney pleasure of a place.

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Wine prices ridiculous, food not particularly well prepared. Chose a starter for 2 and expected more than a crisp wafer with Parma ham and sausage slices with half a dozen dried tomatoes. Nearly £20!Mains weren't too much better. Chose fish which arrived 10 minutes before anyone else's and was served with cold tomatoes as the side. Bit strange. The steak, though nicely cooked, was plain and had a bunch of rocket on the side with no dressing and stalks left on. Burnt potato crisps were a side. Daughter's dish was the pasta - very meagre. And sitting on a rickety wooden school like chair added insult to injury. Shame for an 18th birthday meal. Restaurants like these need to up their game. Greedy beyond belief.

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

For starters we had the duck salad and the octopus salad....they were both okay but nothing to get excited about, however, the crab linguine and the fillet of sea bass with spinach and pine nuts on a Jerusalem artichoke puree was excellent.