“Nice surprise!!!”

Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Spitalfields
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I was looking for the market's toilets with 3 other friends, when we saw Las Iguanas. We were planning to head to a pub nearby, but after checking it out inside we decided to stay and try some happy hour cocktails. We asked for a table but one of their staff told us that tapas and drinks would be downstairs. One of my friends can't eat gluten and by my surprise they have a vegan / gluten free menu.
We absolutely loved the nachos (the best we've ever tried), and the Mushroom Quesadila was delicious. The happy hour cocktails are actually a good deal. It was my first time trying the caipirina and I wish i didn't...because i'm addicted to it! Such a simple but yummy cocktail.
A big thank you to the bar team, in special to Felipe for sorting us out and explaining the history of my new favorite drink!
We will definitely come back!!!

There are newer reviews for Las Iguanas - Spitalfields

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I went to Las Iguanas last night and had the best food and service in a long time.
The staff are very friendly and know about the menu . They are happy to help you choose a great meal.
The restaurant is child friendly which is hard to find in London.
I will be going back to eat there soon.
Also the manager on duty was a breath of fresh air. Its nice to see someone enjoy their job.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Very impressed with this restaurant. My family visited the market on Saturday and decided to eat here. It was very busy but not over crowded. The manager helped us get a table for 6 with space for a buggy - big ask on a busy Saturday I would imagine. The food was great and service efficient for how busy it was. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend for a Saturday lunch when at Spitalfields.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I didn't really know Las Iguanas and Latin American kitchen that well but this place here in Spitalfields is a nice surprise! Cozy and not pretentious like some other places around there.Lovely staff - very pleasant and friendly.
The biggest draw for me are the cocktails,particularly love the 2for1 cosmos - delicious!
And couldn't resist trying some guacamole and this amazing haloumi salad from the new menu.
The lounge in front is very inviting and cosy with all the cushions and sofas.
And I also like the atmosphere of the upstairs terrace - perfect for my next lunch!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I went there in the evening to meet a couple of friends. One of them was actually very enthusiastic about the "all-day-long" happy hours.
There were not enough staff at the bar (only 2), although it wasn't really crowded. I had to wait 15 minutes, while they were pretending not to see me, and finally dared to come ask me what I wanted. The waitress didn't even apologies for the waiting (at least to be polite).
I had a pina colada, terrrible... my friends' cocktails were not great either.
I ordered some chips with guacamole. Still wondering how guacamole can be that tasteless and with a "melted cheese" texture...
As far as I'm concerned, I will not go back to this place.

LasIguanasHQ, Owner at Las Iguanas - Spitalfields, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for letting us know about your visit. It certainly doesn’t sound like our usual service standards. I'd like to ask our area manager to find out more if you wouldn’t mind emailing me at lucy@iguanas.co.uk with a contact phone number, your name and trip advisor ID? Lucy- Las Iguanas