“Nice Restaurant”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Visited the Poem Bar & Grill for Saturday lunch with my wife and an elderly relative. The food was very good and the service excellent. I had pizza and my wife the risotto which we both enjoyed. Our unadventurous elderly relative chose to have fish & chips which she enjoyed but couldn't finish because there was too much on the plate for her. Will visit again next time we are in the area.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

My husband and I went to Poem at the invitation of a friend who was singing there.

As it was a live music night (every Monday apparently) there was only a £25 three course menu with a small selection covering meat, fish and vegetarian options, simply described. The food far exceeded our expectations. I had a buffalo mozzarella and tomato salad and the cheese was absolutely delicious: melt in the mouth soft, it was served with rocket and a pesto dressing. My husband was very happy with his merguez sausage with humous and flatbread. We both had steak and it was delivered rare as requested. The chips were matchstick and crispy. We shared a lovely green salad which we had requested though it was not on the menu. Too full at first for a pudding, after we had sat a little longer over our wine and enjoying the singing, when they asked us a second time we succumbed to a pannacotta which was one of the nicest things I have ever eaten; smooth and cool and vanilla.

Admittedly we lingered to enjoy the live entertainment over a few glasses of good wine which pushed the bill up to around £100, so it’s not exactly cheap, but we thought it was well worth it. The service was friendly and attentive (although they took their time getting to us in the first place). This restaurant is a short walk from home and I expect we will be back.

2  Thank alsozhivago
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Visited on saturday, great beef, great pizza for the kids, great service, very kind. Absolutely to recomend

Reviewed 11 May 2012

Booked for 13 30-8 adults 1 child 5ys old.Friendly staff and appeared clean and tidy,however toilets were pretty alwful.Eventually got served lunch at 3 30!!!! good job we were not in a rush.Food average,wine acceptable after apparently run out of the one we wanted!Dont think we would go back,but staff very friendly

Reviewed 17 November 2011

Had a good lunch with a group of friends, will return for dinner.