“Queen of a Meal- Sheba”

Price range: US$14 - US$36
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Spitalfields
Description: Awarded the Best Curry House in the UK 2015 by Cobra Good Curry Guide. Sheba is one of the oldest and best loved Indian restaurants in London, Brick Lane. Opened in 1974 Sheba is famous for its traditional Indo-Bengali and modern cooking styles. All ingredients are fresh and carefully sourced from local grocers. With its array of meat, fish and vegetarian dishes Sheba caters for all diners. There is a fully licensed bar serving great wine and beers or why not try one of our cold Lassi's. For real taste of sub continent visit Sheba!
Reviewed 3 July 2014

After our third or more Fish & Chips in London Pubs, we finally realized that the real dynamic and compelling cuisine for London is Indian. Upon recommendations for Sheba (and Cinnamon next door) in London's Brick Lane neighborhood of many Indian restaurants, we had a simply wonderful dining experience, with attentive wait staff, Bollywood lighting, and well presented and prepared fine Indian appetizers and entrees -

Kingfisher Beer - authentic and only fair to middling for beer afficianados- didnt seem to be too many better options. Otherwise, all was good -

I enjoyed the Tandoori Mixed Grill, Lamb Samosas, Garlic Naan, and Biryani plates particularly.

This is a very tough street to walk, as each has several aggressive sales grabbers to acquire you to their restaurant. Maybe they are all good- Anyway, we were happy and well treated-

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Came here following recommendations and upon reaching the door and even though we had a booking was straight away offered 25% Off Food Bill and a free pint of beer! huh! Well we took advantage of the moment and asked for 2 pints and yes we got that. It was not busy and there were only 2 more people in the restaurant with us. What we least liked was the constant pounding and shouting and abusing done by the staff outside the premises trying to bring more custom to the place. He seemed a little out of place and it made our evening disasterous as we had guests with us for the evening whom we bought along to experience the delight of Indian food in London. Food was ok but naan breads were stodgy.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

My friend and I wanted something quick for lunch and the sale pitch was good so we went into Sheba hopeful. The food was ok however the three service staff basically shouting throughout the meal was off putting as well as the sales guy shouting through the place from the door!
Our starters were basically thrown at us as well as your cutlery. I wouldn't recommend it at all.

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Fantastic place for a night out to go for a curry... pleasant service with a very good sense of humour of staffs... worthwhile... Thank you guys..

2  Thank Kabir H
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I did a little bit of research and elected to go to 136 for my 1st curry in Brick Lane. We ordered Lamb Chops - brilliant: tender and lots of flavour - and Onion Bhaji - a little disappointing as they were not crispy...which suggests that they were not freshly fried - for a starter with and then for a main course I went for a Bollywood Blast, even though the waiter and other members of staff warned me against the course of action, saying that it was a very very hot curry. I foolishly proceeded and was rewarded by the hottest dish that I have tried that has not been a phall. The thing that I could not get over was the taste of the dish, there was a real distinct flavour given by the garlic, onions and the 5 different types of chilli that are included. All in all a very enjoyable curry, not for the faint hearted though!