“Great for a meal - well recommended”
Review of Tavistock Tandoori

Tavistock Tandoori
Ranked #8,356 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$27 - US$41
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bloomsbury
Description: This classic curry house, located between Kings Cross and Russell Square tube stations in London, is conveniently located for snappy working lunches and post-work Phals. The bright and buzzy restaurant has a modern dining room decorated with fairy lights, blue velvet chairs and crisp linens, and the convivial atmosphere is a hit with local curry aficionados. The kitchen at Tavistock Tandoori cooks up traditional halal Indian and Bengali fare, and we recommend the Prawn Kurma Kashmiri cooked with lychees and cream; the Chicken Dhansak in a sweet and sour lentil sauce; and the Lamb Tikka marinated in yoghurt and spices barbecued in the clay oven. The restaurant has a fully stocked bar with lager on tap.
Reviewed 18 October 2013

A great place for a bite to eat - good quality Turkish food - really enjoyed my lunch. And a good place to sit in and eat - good service

There are newer reviews for Tavistock Tandoori

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I didn't think Indian food could be so bad. The service was fine, but the food terrible - my starter - lamb korma was so tough it was almost inedible. the main course - chicken tandoori masala tasted mainly of sugar - couldn't even recognise the tandoori flavour. My 4 dining guests had a similar experience. Amazingly, the place was full. It was cheap though. I'd rather eat stale pizza.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

The review of a solo diner after one visit is obviously of limited value, but as I was lured in by previous reviewers, I wanted to share my experience. I went into this small local Indian for quick, early dinner, and prices were generally what I expect - 10 quid for a lamb balti with white rice, a cucumber raita, and a small Kingfisher. Portions were reasonable, but just not that tasty. I had no desire to finish up the balti sludge once the lamb was gone, and the raita was just a token portion of tiny diced cucumber thrown into a thick, creamy yogurt (I didn't finish it either). If I lived in the area, I'd probably give it a second chance, making sure to order something completely different. But based on today's meal, I would've spent less and enjoyed it more if I'd just grabbed a pre-made curry from a supermarket.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Small indian restaurant but very popular. The food was excellent as were the prices and the service. Would definitely visit again!

Reviewed 11 December 2012 via mobile

the price was quite low with the biusness dill but the dishes realy small so we had to order another one. the food was very good based on rise and ad-on. the place a little dark.quick service