“In Metropolitan como hotel”
Review of The Met Bar

The Met Bar
Ranked #3,208 of 23,854 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$45 - US$98
Cuisines: European
Good for: Bar Scene
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Description: Since it first opened in 1997, the Met Bar is among the best bars in Central London. Now without its original 'members only' policy, it has a new look, an expanded and innovative cocktail menu and fresh lunch and dinner menus featuring seasonal British classic cuisine. Tables are back-painted glass with golden highlights reflecting the natural light that floods through the glass wall. The evening brings a change of mood with the glass magically becoming etched, obscuring the vision from outside in. Open from 9am till 2am Tuesday to Saturday and until midnight on Sundays and Mondays.
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Enjoyed relaxing here as excellent bartenders, nice ambience, and reasonable value. Good wine and beer with olives,nuts.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I've been there with a friend on a Saturday night & it seemed the perfect place for a girls chat. This was my 2nd time there & it remains a great place to be for a night out!!! Music selection was great & at good volume, so you don't need to shout for a conversation. The waitering service was impecable!!! We were served by Daria & the attention given by her was superb! Real 5 star service! I was impressed!!! The cocktails were great as usual! I just love this place & could not find a better cocktail experience any better elsewhere! Thanks a lot for the Met Bar team for a great night out again!!! Will certainly come back.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Went here as we were staying in the hotel - it was quiet at 10:30 on a Saturday but got busier as the night went on. We had 3 different cocktails each and they were all delicious. The bartender took roll care and attention which we appreciated.

There was a live DJ but he was playing really laid back funky chill out music. To be honest, you didn't need it to be a live person, it could have been a CD playing but it was a nice touch all the same.

Prices not too bad for London. £12 for a cocktail, in a hotel. Seems about right. Will happily return.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Was charged £43 for a £9 bottle of wine! simply not worth it - I'm glad I ate my body weight in "free" crisps to compensate!!

We also had afternoon tea for 3 during the day - this was nice but again for over £90 i would go to the Sofitel in St.James'

AndrewDThomson, Manager at The Met Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Many thanks indeed for your comments following your recent visit to our bar. I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your experience and I am at your disposal should you wish to discuss this further with me.

I look forward to hearing from you. Should you need anything else at all from the hotel please simply let me know.

Warm regards,

Andrew

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I hear London is the city for cocktails and this bar is right up there. Ingredients I have never seen that make you want to order more and more. Lovely