“Hotel 43”
Review of MStay Hotel 43

MStay Hotel 43
Ranked #103 of 558 London B&B and Inns

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 16 April 2012

This was our third stay at this hotel. Although the room was clean, it was in the annex building a couple doors down from the main hotel. The elevator was unpredictable. The room was not as well maintained as it could be. No remote control for the tv and reception could not locate it so we had to change channels by hand (hard to locate at the back of the flat screen tv) - not a major issue but this could be an inconvenience for some people. The wallpaper was also ripped in some spots so it wasn't as polished as the rooms we'd stayed in previously. Still a good value at less than $130 CDN a night with breakfast included.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Only 2 good things to say: very clean and good location. If the experience hadn't been so horrible with the attitude of 99% of the hotel staff, I would have said the price was good too, but really wasn't worth; the lack of manners and unhelpful and lazy ways of their east European staff , whom couldnt speak English properly ( or pretended not to understand to their own convenience), made the hotel expensive . I regret not having stayed somewhere else even if I had to pay double the price. Their customer service is scary!! My weekend trip was wrecked by my dissatisfaction with the hotel staff, who seem bothered with any guest approach to the reception. Would not reccomended to my worst enemy! Funny that majority of the reviews from "other sites" say exactly what I say here.

• Stayed April 2012

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 March 2012

On a positive note its a great location...However the service is horrific and extremely rude!!!! The bed is by far the worst bed ever. Please find another hotel!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

North Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Let’s start off with the website, from the photos the rooms look quite nice, modern and new, but once you make it to your room it's a different story. The images are obviously old and clearly not the standard of the room I stayed in. The room was clean, but very small, marked walls, a tiny TV with poor to no reception stuck on the wall. The bathroom was tiny and the shower had very poor water pressure which you were just able to stand in and not turn around with massive cracked tiles on the bathroom floor. The beds were hard and very uncomfortable with a table in the room that you were only able to fit your wallet on with cups and mugs that had chips out of them.

The walls were thin and I could hear the people in the next room cough all night and the people above move around which lead to sleepless nights.

Little to no wifi connection and hot water was hit and miss also.

Upon checking out I was not able to leave my bags with them for 4 hours until I was picked up to go to the airport even though I had previously arranged this over the phone before leaving Sydney in person, to finally be told that is not their policy and I would never have been told I could to that. I explained that was the reason I had booked with them so I could leave my bags for a few hours, but this was not an option. Once they had my money they were not interested in helping me with any matter.

The receptionist was not pleasant in any way and would not even print my boarding pass for my flight after I had stayed there 3 nights. I questioned the room rates as I did not have wifi or hot water the entire stay, and the reply was "no discount and we charged you when you checked in the full amount" to which I had to request an invoice to confirm the amount I had been charged which alone was an effort in itself, along with the receptionist rolling her eyes at me and talking over me to the next couple checking in to ensure she gets their money.

This was with no doubt the worst place I have ever stayed in and I have stayed in MANY places. I would highly suggest you book elsewhere as this is not worth the drama, nor the lack of sleep you'll get from the thin walls, nor the smack in the face on the table next to the bed when you roll over as the room is so small the bed is flush against the table.

I would never stay here or recommend this hotel to anyone, unless they were after cheap and nasty. I am not one to complain, but this place I give a 2 out of 10 and was happy to see the back of. This “hotel” is overpriced and definitely not what you expect when you arrive. Think again before you book as there are many hotels in this street.

This place made my stay in London a nightmare when checking out and left with two heavy suitcases to drag around until the shuttle was booked to pick me up.

On a positive, the location was great, close the everything and even has a great local pub just around the corner.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends