“History + Exercise + Back Alleys + Cobblestones --- Priceless”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Spoke 'n Motion Bike Tours - CLOSED

Spoke 'n Motion Bike Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Spoke 'n Motion Bike Tours offer both visitors and Londoners a chance to see the British capital at its best: from the saddle. Tours are at a very leisurely pace with frequent photo/rest stops. Our Sights at Night tour combines a guided bike ride and boat cruise whilst our Hidden London tour reveals parts of the city usually neglected in guide books. A complimentary beer/soft drink is available at the end.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Colorado
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“History + Exercise + Back Alleys + Cobblestones --- Priceless”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

My research into something to do in London that would appeal to my sports minded husband and to my interest in the nooks and crannies of the city lead me to Spoke N Motion. We couldn't have made a better choice. We chose the Deserted City Tour on a Sunday afternoon (2nd choice because the evening tour was full) However, i don't think the other tour could have topped this excursion around St Pauls, the Tower & Southwark.

Ian was a great guide, accommodating, truly committed & interested in his subject matter, engaging and a lot of fun. I really fell in love with the Brompton bikes, they were easy to use and another unique part of the experience. What could be more fun than whizzing across the Tower Bridge on a bike named Tinkerbell?

Ian encouraged us to take pictures...take him up on it! We were having such a great time riding, and asking questions about the city, we completely forgot to get a picture of us with the bikes, oops.

It was a grey day high 50's, but a windbreaker over a sweater was actually more than enough. We're 60ish, and although my husband's in great shape, it's been awhile since I'd spent time on a bike. The ride was still not problem for me because Ian broke it up nicely, and he kept us on the "correct" side of the road. Only problem....even Brompton hasn't figured out how to make a comfortable bike seat, and the next day you'll remember that you were riding day before, but believe me you'll still have a smile on your face.

Thank you Ian for adding the personal touch and making this a great day. We're hoisting another pint to you (Coors this time)!

Visited October 2011

Edmonton, Canada
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Hidden gems of London's east end”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

I did both the Hidden London and Sights at Night Tours. It would be impossible to choose between them as they are both outstanding. Ian was one of the most fantastic guides that I have ever had, he gave great commentary on everything from Anglo-Saxon London through to modern commercialization of the east end. This is a man who really knows his home base. The rides themselves were easy paced and virtually flat. Although I am a life long rider I had never been on a Brompton before - they are a perfect bike for a London ride.
Hidden London truely is a hidden gem and Sights at Night will give you a completely different perspective of London.

Wolverhampton
“A fantastic day out for everyone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

Absolutely tremendous. The guide was so knowledgeable, the route was enjoyable and relaxing, going to parts of London off the beaten track but with so much history. We can't recommend it highly enough and will certainly be telling all our friends.

Reading, United Kingdom
“Truely outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

We have been on Fat Tyre tours in Berlin and wanted to do the same in London. They were booked up so we took Spokenmotion hidden London tour and it was FABULOUS.
A great mix of history culture and getting under the skin of London.
The guide (and owner) Ian has a great knowledge, sence of humour and ability to bring details to life.
The tour is on Brompton folding bicycles which adds to the character of the tour but they are not the most luxurious. The start and end point does not do the tour the best of justice but is not an issue/
Could not recommend the tour enough - must do it!!

Perth, Australia
“Sightseeing and exercise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

What an outstanding tour. I did three of the half day tours and was greatly impressed.
Loved the bikes, very practical, and great fitness not required. Very different from the standard bus or walking tours. Ian's historical and geographical knowledge is outstanding. Great sense of humour. Well paced tour and so different. Very flexible tours also that can adjust to circumtances, weather and customer requests. Friendly and helpful. I couldn't find one thing to criticise, just brilliant. This was a trip highlight for sure.
I would highly recommend it. Greg from Perth WA