“Great” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Spoke 'n Motion Bike Tours - CLOSED

Spoke 'n Motion Bike Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Spoke 'n Motion Bike Tours offer both visitors and Londoners a chance to see the British capital at its best: from the saddle. Tours are at a very leisurely pace with frequent photo/rest stops. Our Sights at Night tour combines a guided bike ride and boat cruise whilst our Hidden London tour reveals parts of the city usually neglected in guide books. A complimentary beer/soft drink is available at the end.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Wichita, Kansas
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

My Fiance and I went on two tours with Spoke 'n Motion during our week stay in London, and they were phenomenal. We had done the standard on/off bus tours, which were fun, but this tour got us right in front of the sights, and Ian (our guide) was much more knowledgeable and insightful than the bus tour guides. The size of the tour allowed us to ask questions of Ian, which was much better than a dull and rehearsed speech. I would recommend this tour to anyone that wants a different, but still informative, London tour experience. The bicycles were comfortable, even for me, which says alot being that i am 6'6" tall. The cycle routes are well planned, and the pace was always comfortable, so that we could look around and enjoy ourselves without working up a sweat. We had a terrific time, and will absolutely go on another Spoke 'n Motion tour when we are again in London.

durham
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 233 helpful votes
“a real change from HOHO buses”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

My daughter and I were the only ones on the tour but as it was early November that's not too surprising!
We went on the new Sunday morning deserted city tour and had a great time.
The bikes were very easy to ride although suspension a bit hard and was glad wasn't back on a bike the next day!
No worries re safety at any time-Ian is very conscious of the need to keep his insurance company happy and therefore will not allow you out into the path of traffic unless he's convinced it's clear.
The drink in a pub at the end of the tour was a nice way to finish off and found out more about Ian and the company.
If returning would be interested in trying out the evening or Saturday tour.
we covered nearly 10 miles in the 3 hours and would never have believed we'd done that much-well recommended

Visited November 2011
London, England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Tour the City of London by bike on a Sunday morning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

This was a splendid tour of the City of London on a Sunday morning when it is really quiet and relatively traffic free. We started off south of the river in Bermondsey, where we collected the bikes. These are London-made Brompton folding bikes which are incredibly nippy and easy to handle. I was thinking of getting one anyway and the 3-hour tour confirmed that a Brompton would be a great purchase. Our tour guide, Ian, was very friendly and informative and he was even kind enough to buy us a drink in a lovely little local pub afterwards. I would thoroughly recommend this tour as a great way to see the City on a bike.

Columbus, OH
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Spoke 'n Motion 'Sights at Night' Tour - The Highlight of Our Time in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

My husband and I recently visited London for the first time and signed up for the 'Sights at Night' tour operated by Spoke 'n Motion. The tour was the highlight of our time in London; Ian provides a great experience! The city is beautiful at night and, in addition to some of the major sights like Big Ben and Westminster Abbey, we also saw many sights that we would not otherwise have seen during our stay.

We chose to do the night tour because we wanted to see London lit up at night; an additional benefit of the night tour is that the streets and pathways were quiet and less busy in the evening. The tour was about three hours and covered fairly flat ground. The riding itself was not strenuous and we felt safe during the entire ride.

The stories, facts and insights that Ian shared during the tour were not your typical tour fare; we learned all sorts of unusual and interesting things during this ride. Wrapping up the evening with a drink at the local pub was a great opportunity to continue the good conversation. We would highly recommend this experience!

Colorado
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“History + Exercise + Back Alleys + Cobblestones --- Priceless”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

My research into something to do in London that would appeal to my sports minded husband and to my interest in the nooks and crannies of the city lead me to Spoke N Motion. We couldn't have made a better choice. We chose the Deserted City Tour on a Sunday afternoon (2nd choice because the evening tour was full) However, i don't think the other tour could have topped this excursion around St Pauls, the Tower & Southwark.

Ian was a great guide, accommodating, truly committed & interested in his subject matter, engaging and a lot of fun. I really fell in love with the Brompton bikes, they were easy to use and another unique part of the experience. What could be more fun than whizzing across the Tower Bridge on a bike named Tinkerbell?

Ian encouraged us to take pictures...take him up on it! We were having such a great time riding, and asking questions about the city, we completely forgot to get a picture of us with the bikes, oops.

It was a grey day high 50's, but a windbreaker over a sweater was actually more than enough. We're 60ish, and although my husband's in great shape, it's been awhile since I'd spent time on a bike. The ride was still not problem for me because Ian broke it up nicely, and he kept us on the "correct" side of the road. Only problem....even Brompton hasn't figured out how to make a comfortable bike seat, and the next day you'll remember that you were riding day before, but believe me you'll still have a smile on your face.

Thank you Ian for adding the personal touch and making this a great day. We're hoisting another pint to you (Coors this time)!