“Dining experience inside a luxury hotel”
Review of Town House

Town House
Ranked #185 of 22,834 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$26 - US$78
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Description: Town House at The Kensington hotel offers a graceful blend of classic heritage and flawless modern style. Comprising three interconnecting drawing rooms with enchanting details such as fireplaces, a hidden whisky bar and a carefully curated library, Town House is The Kensington's restaurant, private dining and event space - providing a unique venue for intimate dinners, glamorous drinks receptions, book launches and informal meetings. Open from 11am to 11pm, Town House Bar, with its wood-panelled walls, subtle lighting and smoky blue glass ceiling, provides a cosy, clubby ambience and an impressive menu of fine spirits and cocktails.
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dining experience inside a luxury hotel”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I had lunch on a Saturday and had no problems getting a table, The staff were excellent, setting the right balance of being efficient without making us feel , I had the set 3-course menu food which was very tasty And the Doyle burger was juicy and well cooked Wine options were good plus price and variety) I would recommend this to friends and will probably go again to sample more from the menu

• Visited April 2014

Northwich, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and ambiance”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I selected this restaurant from an on-line web site and was really pleasantly surprised. The ambiance was definately that of an English country club, all wood panelling and leather chairs. Food was a real plus, beautifully cooked and presented.Agreat menu . I was there meeting my son who is at university nearby and the relaxed but special atmosphere with great food was exactly what we were looking for.
We will definately look at eating there next time and perhaps staying at the hotel itself.

• Visited March 2014
Battle, United Kingdom
“Pre Albert Hall Supper”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

A party of four we dined at the Aubery last night before going to the Albert Hall for a concert. The hotel welcomed us beautifully, we relaxed in the bar and were served by George for pre dinner drinks - wonderful service. We ate on the £27 three courses and bottle of wine, excellent value for money, delicious food, faultless service. Our food had traceability, interesting menu. 10 out 10 Aubrey, we will be back. Thank you.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Rebecca B
Milan, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food that leaves your thoughts high”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

It was a lovely setting when we came to this restaurant, I personally loved the fact that the restaurant is very quite and we absolutely loved the photographs on the wall, reminding us of carlifornia amd hollywood. The meal started off with a selection of focaccia bread with olive oil and I had a crispy chicken and a side of sauteed spinach , my wife loved the scallops alot. Overall everything was very exquisite with a lovely service .

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank kadrio v
Dublin
“Poor service.”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I had booked this hotel for my parents based on the good reviews received here. The location of the hotel is indeed excellent, the hotel is lovely, but unfortunately the service was more than lacking.

I joined my parents for breakfast on their first morning (which for me was £21). We were served by a waiter with very poor english, who, after we spent about 10 mins explaining our order, gave us 1 egg on a plate each - even though we had ordered a full breakfast with 1 egg. We waited a further 10 minutes and no one came to help us even though we had asked for someone. I had to seek out someone to help. Without going into a long winded story, 2 more senior staff tried to sort it out. We had asked 3 people for toast - it still didn't come, we had asked for tea - it came 20 mins later. The breakfast area was quiet, and it just ruined what should have been a good start to the day. In total our breakfast took us 1 and a half hours to have - meaning we lost much time in our morning.

I was even more annoyed to hear my parents the following day had a similar experience. Just not given attention and again - asked 2 people for toast and never received it!

Generally the hotel is kept well, but we had tea in the main tea area, where used cups and plates sat on tables for the whole time we were there with no one cleaning them up even though staff were walking past them.

There is just a general lack of attention to detail...tea and buns served without knives, without butter/jam or even napkins. Having to go looking for someone to serve you rather than having a dedicated person for particular areas of the hotel.

We also overheard some other guests who frequent the hotel mention the service has recently deteriorated in the hotel.

I feel for a hotel of such caliber getting knives, napkins and the general necessities should not be too much to ask. This trip was meant to be a treat for my parents, and more so led to frustrations. Very disappointing.

3 Thank Duff82