“pretty bad!!!”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Description: Henry's is an iconic cafe bar on Piccadilly (adjacent to Green Park Tube Station) that's been pouring great tasting drinks and food to dine for since 2000. Open from breakfast till late, our bar and table-service provides the perfect place for friends, groups, work colleagues and tourists to enjoy a good range of both British and international drinks; with breakfast, lunch, grazing platters and dinner options to enjoy. We've pavement cafe tables outside, along with areas which can be pre-booked for social events and corporate gatherings. See you soon we hope. Henry. x
London, United Kingdom
“pretty bad!!!”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Having eaten here regularly for the past 10/12 years, and always had a really good meal, we had no hesitation in taking a friend visiting from Austria there but were so disappointed in the meal. There was a notice on the menu stating that due to problems with equipment some meals were not available but to be honest it would have been better if all meals had been taken off until the problem had been resolved. I had the salmon and sweet potato fishcakes but all I got with them was a bowl of mixed leaves, a few slices of cucumber and 2 halved cherry tomatoes, no dressing, a truly vile meal. My husband had pork schnitzel which was so overcooked it was almost cremated and our friend had steak and ale pie with some very pale chips. I ordered a mini lemon and lime mousse that came to the table still frozen they did provide another one that had been defrosted but to me it was more cheesecake than mousse. Will certainly not be eating here again.

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“How bad can a place get?”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I have been to Henry's cafe multiple times over years, although the atmosphere and the service is always ok, the food, well not really sure how to describe what I had last week, I have over the years always ordered their share platters for the reason they used to be good tasting and good value for money, last Friday we had a meat and fish platter, I cant begin to describe how tasteless and awful it was.
If I ever go again, will stick to just drinks. Oh and be aware of bag snatchers, a friend of mine got her handbag pinched there.

Manchester
“Good food in a great location”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Would describe it as a pub that does food, albeit really good food. Good service in a great location opposite green park tube station. Great for Buck Palace, Piccadilly and Regent street.

• Visited May 2013
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
“Nice place to try English food”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Was here couple of times with my friends. Food is always very good and service is really fast and super-friendly. It is really good located and I would definitely recomend it for those who look for a lunch or dinner. Tried pie and a steak - was really good. And of course beers :)

• Visited February 2013
London
“Business Lunch Place”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Henry’s is a fairly typical West End gastro pub. I visit it every 3 months or so to have lunch with a friend who works nearby. It’s also an option if we are visiting the Royal Academy. The staff are always friendly and accommodating and there’s always plenty of room to spread out. I usually have the Chicken Caesar Salad but gave it a miss on this occasion as they have started adding capers. So I had the cod and chips which was pretty bog standard. It’s a reliable and pleasant place and is just the job for a business lunch.