“Water and plenty of front” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9,148 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$37 - US$62
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: View, Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Water and plenty of front”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

The Waterfront is labelled a Gastropub. A ghastly pub would be more appropriate.
We have gone there plenty of times over the past few years but last week's visit had us vowing 'no more'!
It's over the road from where we live, but we will be going elsewhere from now on. The drinks have always been fairly expensive but rubbish over priced wine is taking the proverbial. The service, decor and seating is hit and miss and the one time we ate there the 'nouveau' cuisine was definitely of the "where's the rest of it" variety.
It does have a great location on the River Thames, but that's all I can see in it's favour.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Bill P

London
“Appalling Food - Terrible Service - Great Location”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

This place is painful. Bar staff are slow and bumble around, coping very badly with even a moderate number of customers.

Restaurant staff are good(ish), but the food is terrible and very overpriced, as , actually, are the drinks.

The last time I went there for a meal I had a lager shandy, but it tasted awful, of chemicals. When I told the maitre'd woman, she kind of laughed at me, and only after quite a lot of persuasion, changed the drink. I've never had that before - usually bar staff are quick to replace a 'dodgy' pint, or ask you if you want something else - I was quite shocked!

It's a real shame, because the place has a great riverside location and good interior design, with a firepit and booths or open tables.

In short, don't bother coming here - you'll leave out of pocket and disappointed.

• Visited October 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Ouch at the wine prices!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

We had a meal here on a Saturday night and there were six of us. We had a deal for a meal in course through Wowcher and we also had a glass of Proseco each in the deal. My husband bought a round of drinks and the wine was £7.50 a glass!!

The meals were okay, tasty food and the price we paid was fair but at full rrp they were quite expensive for what you got. portions were small, tiny even and side dishes for any vegetables etc were extra.

Service was okay, quite friendly but nothing special.

The place was modern and clean, toilets were miles away and upstairs so not sure if there were any disable friendly ones elsewhere.

I liked the decor and the views of the Thames were good. They provided blankets if you wanted to sit outside but we didn't!

All around the building there is work going on which makes it quite a challenge to get into the place and also makes it less attractive surroundings.

We had a nice evening and enjoyed the food we did have but we were not full when we left. the drinks were expensive, beer not so bad but wine was a silly price.

I am not sure we will be going there again. It was okay but there are better pubs and restaurants in the area for similar if not better prices.

• Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“could be so good... but isn't”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

I've been to this pub on a number of occasions, with friends, family and on dates with my other half. I used to live nearby and it's great for a quick drink although not especially good value for money. Where this pub really lets itself down is the food. We have given them the benefit of the doubt on 4 occasions and each time they've let themselves down. Twice a veggie dish turned up with meat in it and had to be sent back. Other times meals arrive missing certain key components - a ploughman's once turned up with no cheese on it - that's pretty key!

I really want them to sort themselves out but unfortunately after numerous times/ complaints/ benefits of the doubt it's never managed to get it right.

• Visited August 2013
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
“Great Service Disappointing Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Not an easy place to put in a box. Situated in a modern apartment development with lots of glass and straight lines. The Waterfront somehow manages to feel like a pub and as that is exactly what we were looking for strolling on the Thames on a miserable Sunday afternoon in search of a roast lunch made me pretty happy.
We were greeted promptly and found a nice table, no delay with drinks and the menu looked like it had all bases covered. 3 Roasts, pork, chicken and beef so we went for 1 pork and 1 beef.
Have to say very disappointed, I have no idea why anyone thinks paper thin slices of beef belong on a plate described as a roast! or why the gravy needs to be added as if it is a scarce resource. The yorkies were flat and the roast spuds were reminiscent of school dinner roasties ( I didn't have fond memories of school dinners )
I hate to leave a review on a bad note and I don't need to in this case as our waiter was excellent. It can make a huge difference to a meal when the staff look like they are enjoying themselves and happy to be there. Prompt on the ball and very friendly he made the difference from what could have been a very disappointing lunch to a very enjoyable afternoon.
Some friends later joined us for desert and we ordered a Sticky Toffee pudding and a plate of cheese to share. The pud was delicious and a generous plate of cheese which kept 3 people happy nibbling away.
Would I go back yes most certainly, would I order a roast dinner...... I am afraid not

• Visited October 2013