“Consistently Wonderful!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We have been going here for years now and NEVER had a disappointing time!

- The atmosphere is like a New York "family" restaurant which is great fun.
- Staff is very nice and attentive, you never wait for a thing and they know their jobs and the food.
- Everything on the menu is great but I go for the Kobe Burgers - just amazing! And they have the best onion rings in London.
- Huge American style portions so come hungry!
- Dont miss the puddings either - they are great as well.
- As well the barman knows his drinks, proper (and HUGE) Martinis are our favorite but they can make anything..
- Also the Loyalty card is a great value - we always use ours!

Book in advance on line as they get busy!

1  Thank vbkurutza

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stopped at Wolfes for a quick lunch after hours of walking around London. The set two course menu had good options, the food was nice, simple pub food, cooked well. The setting is very nice and staff were very good.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

4 of us ate here over the weekend. The service was prompt, the food was very good and well presented, centrally located, well priced. Can't go wrong and will be returning!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is one of the worst resturants i have ever been to in my life!!!
Services was terrible we had a hair in our drink, there was a cockroach in the mens toilet.
The food was awful, chicken salad was burnt chicken with a few salad leaves no dressing, pork fillet was just full of fat, looked like a school dinner.
I would advise people to stay away!!!!

3  Thank Mini82
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Having so many negative reviews on Trip Advisor I cant say I was looking forward to taking my friend here for her birthday but I think timing might be key to coming here.
I attended on a bank holiday Monday which meant with it being tucked away in a quiet part of Convent Garden it was practically empty, no bad thing as I was hoping for a quiet meal anyway.
We ordered from the set menu, 2 courses for £25. I got the avocado salad & the stilton & mushroom pudding. Both were absolutely delicious, served in a reasonable amount of time and as we were in no rush we made each course last about half an hour, eating slowly, we were not rushed & were tended to a friendly manner.

My only problem with this place is that I'm not sure what it is. Leaving the restaurant having paid over £60 made me feel that I'd eaten somewhere rather special yet the food is served on less than clean, slightly greasy looking plates with very basic & well worn cutlery, the glasses for our drinks looked very old & it felt to me that for what we got, medium sized portions that the price was way over the mark. I understand I was perhaps paying for location but there were restaurants nearby full up that probably charge less & even though I enjoyed the food I probably wouldn't go there again.

1  Thank Chris W