“Our "Home Away From Home"”
Review of Endsleigh Court

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Endsleigh Court
Ranked #90 of 931 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We come over to London from Canada twice a year. About 20 years ago we discovered Endsleigh Court, and we've continued to stay there since then. We've stayed in studios, one and two bedrooms and the suite, and we've stayed from a week to 2 months. We've been very pleased, especially since the upgrades. The location is perfect, especially if you're working at the British Library or the Wellcome, and the neighbourhood is wonderful. (I love Marchmount Street, and if you're a history or literature buff, Endsleigh is for you.) On a few occasions, we've brought family, and found that the 2 bedroom flats are fine for 6 people, but the suite is great - lots of space, 2 bathrooms, adequate kitchen, clothes washer. I've just booked for ten days in November, and I hope we'll be able to call Endsleigh our Home Away from Home for many years to come.

Room Tip: Book early, and when you're there, ask to see some of the other flats - I've found the staff...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Janet M

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Endsleigh is basically self-catering apartments, in a variety of sizes, so don't expect hotel services. The feel of the property is very English, and Bloomsbury is just a wonderful part of the city with parks, museums, libraries, cafes.

The location is excellent, close to Euston station and underground, several bus lines on Woburn Place, but also a very pleasant walk down to Covent Garden. There's a Waitrose ten minutes away by foot in the Brunswick Centre, and plenty of friendly pubs, bookshops, cafes, laundry in Marchmont Street. This is real value for money for London, and most of the apartments have been renovated.

While I was staying there was a major heatwave for London, and the building didn't cope well with the heat (no aircon) but that was pretty much a problem for the whole city. My room was a studio but had lovely big windows, lots of light, and a fully separate bathroom.

The 24/7 porter at the front desk gives you peace of mind for security, and a friendly nod on coming and going. The staff were very helpful and prompt with taking my deposit, arranging an early check-in, and helping me with my stay.

I will definitely be returning to what feels like my own little pad in London.

Room Tip: Book a room at the rear (courtyard) of the building to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank theproseclerk
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This was the first time using these apartments which was suggested by a friend. We rented a large flat with two bedrooms and two bathrooms. Staff are friendly especially the booking staff who patiently answered all my emails in a couple of minutes. To book you are only required a 150 pound deposit and then paid the balance when we arrived.

The location is great, we arrived at Euston Station which is an easy walk and also close by there is also Euston Square tube, Russell Square tube and Kings Cross tube.

Our flat was just fully refurbished and it had also a big dining table, two desk, two full size couch/sofa beds, kitchenette (complete with dishes, glassware and pots and pans).

There is also free WiFi.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2013

My brother has been staying at Endsleigh Court on visits for years and finally convinced me to change from my usual place in Bloomsbury--I'm so glad that I did. The location is great--it's an easy walk to Euston Square or the Russell Square tube (and the British Museum) or to Kings Cross Station. I had a room that faced the back so there wasn't any street noise and with windows on two sides there was a lovely breeze. I learned from my brother that the rooms had been redone and they did a lovely job. The room itself is far larger than you'd get at a regular hotel with room for a small dining table, a small desk and full size couch. The entire place including the kitchenette was very clean (a different experience from another traveler). On top of that, it came complete with dishes, glassware and pots&pans. There is also free wifi which was a big plus. My only suggestion would be for a bit more lightening (the fixtures are lovely but not bright). I can't say that it's inexpensive but given the costs of lodging in London, for the size, location (especially if you want to be in town) and simple convenience of having a refrigerator, I don't think that you'll find a better deal. Last but far from least, the booking staff was incredibly helpful. I'll definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank HannahJS1117
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I have been staying at Endsleigh Court for at least 20 years and consider it my London home for my annual visit. They have recently redone the units and have done a good job. This is not luxury accommodation but is comfortable. The kitchen is small but adequate for light meals when you dont want to go out. Marks and Spencer Food is in Euston Station and thereis a Waitrose in the totally updated Brunswick Square. Bus and Tube are close at hand.
I have always found the porters friendly and helpful. I am booked in for 25 days in August this year and was lucky enough to get 408 which has a small balcony

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank robgvic
Reviewed 17 March 2013

My husband and I, including our child, stayed for a week at Endsleigh Court sometime over the Christmas holidays, 2012. I coaxed my husband into agreeing to put up at Endsleigh Court after perusing the (somewhat) positive reviews here in Tripadvisor - but I now regret my decision.

When we arrived, I could somewhat intuit that the standards of this place is not that up to par. You see, unlike a typical hotel with a front dest manned by multiple staffs, the individual at the front desk at Endsleigh Court is but a single individual who is not only responsible for handing us our keys, but also appears to double up as a doorman, a concierge, an answerer of all incoming calls, a security personnel... and the list goes on. In any case, when there appears to be only ONE person that guests can turn to, I can't quite say that this is at all assuring. But this is of course not the main problem - it simply hints at the issues to come.

When we got to our room, it appears at first sight superficially clean (the fittings and all seem to be fairly new). But closer inspection reveals otherwise, let's just take the kitchen for example: there were bread crumbs in and around the toaster, inexplicable oily stains on the kitchen top, a cup that still contains what looks like to be black coffee in the microwave... But this is not quite a big issue since it would not be fair to expect top-class hotel standards from a place like Endsleigh Court.

The main issue for my family was the presence of a bar right opposite Endsleigh Court. The bar is situated at the ground floor of an extremely seedy looking building that goes by the warm and fuzzy name of "County Hotel". You see people from that bar would get drunk in the nights and emerge from the bar, begin to get rowdy, and yelling god-knows-what for hours on end - and this would be happening at 1 - 2 a.m. in the night. Our young child, awoken by the noise, got fairly frightened, and I hardly caught a wink on our first night trying to pacify her. The second night was not so bad, but the rowdy behaviour and raucous yelling occurred again on the third night.

Finally, it appears that the walls separating each of the rooms are mere make-shift partitions. One can hear just what the neighbours are up to, and even discern the specific television channel that they are tuned into. So, I did not get to enjoy a sense of privacy throughout the length of my stay.

To be fair, the prices here at Endsleigh Court are fairly reasonable (not that they were cheap though!). But I would firnly NOT recommend this place to anyone thinking of enjoying a relaxing holiday in London. If you have a tight budget, I would suggest deferring a holiday and simply having a nice dinner at a local restaurant.

Room Tip: I doubt that there are any good rooms - sorry.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
13  Thank Charlotte D S
Endsleigh_lettings, Lettings Officer at Endsleigh Court, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

First of all thank you for your review.

Can I point out a few things you mention to clear them up for future guests.

First of all we are not a hotel, we are an apartment block, housing permanant residents and 84 flats which we let short term.

Monday to Friday until 5pm there are 3 porters at the front desk that can be of help if there are any problems during your stay. In the evenings and weekends there is only one porter. The office is open Monday to Friday 9.15am to 5pm and we are available during these hours to be of any assistance. (We are closed at weekends and bank holidays)

It sounds like you were alloacted one of the front facing flats, which can be noisy due to the main road, we did however have secondary glazing installed when the flats were refurbished during 2010/11. Unfortunately we cannot control the noise coming from guests at hotels nearby. (Which would have been more of an issue as you were in Central London during the Christmas period).
This appears to have been your main issue with your stay, as you mentioned above. We do have quieter apartments on the back of the building, and if you had spoken with us in the office at your earliest convenience, we could have done our best to move you to a different apartment. Anyone booking, can request a rear facing apartment if they are available.

I am sorry you found the apartment to not be cleaned to your standards and I have spoken with the housekeeping department to prevent any future issues in regards to cleanliness.

The building was build circa 1930's and all the walls are solid structures and not 'make-shift' partitions, but this could also mean that insulation/sound proofing between flats is not as good as modern builds.

We are located in the heart of London and we offer value for money in a basic apartment and we try to resolve any issues you have whilst you are here, to make your stay as pleasant as possible.

Our location is one of the reasons why our guests return time after time.

Once again, thank you for your review.

Lettings Officer

Reviewed 7 February 2012

I spotted this place in an ad in the Sydney Morning Herald. As I was booking directly I was at pains to confirm the accomodation would actually be there for us when we arrived for a 3 week stay!. The booking staff patiently answered all my questions and only required a 150 pound deposit. We paid the balance when we handed back the keys on departure. The flat was spacious and modern but above all very conveniently located between Euston and Russell Square stations and near a lot of bus routes. I would recommend it. The linen was changed weekly and the only suggestion would be for weekly cleaning because of our length of stay and 2 teenage sons!.The block has a 24 hour porter which gives an added sense of security and the staff were excellent. When I managed to override the password to the safe there was no trouble in getting it opened and we broke some glasses and there was no charge.

Room Tip: At the back of the building there may be less traffic noise but it was not overwhelming anyway.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family