“Couldn't be better!!”
Review of Endsleigh Court

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Endsleigh Court
Ranked #86 of 923 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 17 December 2010

We have stayed at endsleigh for a week in December and were very satisfied with our stay.

The apartment was big enough for 6 people. We had hot water everyday for all 6 of us to shower both in the morning and evening as well as central heating and yes the hot towel rail was a plus!!. The kitchen although small in size it was perfect for our requirements. You could find all basic needs to cook and prepare a morning toast or breakfast etc.

The location is perfect as it is close by both Euston station and Russel square. The receptionists especially the men on duty were very nice to us.

Would definitely recommend Endsleigh court and hopefully will be back again!!

Daniela

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank danzelMalta

Reviewed 12 December 2010

I stayed at Endsleigh court for almost four weeks in Oct-Nov 2010 in a studio flat. The room as a good size and the furnishings were basic (see my photos) but were in good condition and comfortable. The bed (being two singles pushed together ) was huge. The kitchen, while only big enough for one person at a time, was kitted out with enough basic utensils, pots etc to a prepare a simple meal. It contained a bar fridge, two hot-plates, convection/microwave oven, kettle, and toaster. The room also comes with a small safe (in the hallway cupboard) suitable for holding passports/jewellery etc, and they give you access to free wifi, which the porter warned me was patchy, but was not a problem in my second-floor room.

The bathroom was well-sized with good basic fittings. The shower is over the bath and the step in/out of the bath quite high though, so might be tricky if you have mobility issues. I luckily didn't have any of the hot-water problems experienced by previous reviewers with plenty of hot water when I wanted it. The heated towel rail was a nice little extra. There is no hairdryer fitted but one can be obtained from the porter for a refundable deposit.

The accommodation was clean (although not surgically so). Linen is changed once a week and rubbish removed daily if you choose (via a hatch that opens into the corridor meaning the staff don't need to enter your room) otherwise cleaning the flat is up to you, although you can pay extra to have cleaning done - I didn't.

The location is very good. The building is only a 2-3 minute walk from Euston Station. Kings Cross/St Pancras and Euston Square underground station are all within 10 minutes walk. There is a bus stop across the road that will take you straight down to High Holborn (and beyond) where there is a small Sainsbury Supermarket and other useful shops, or you can walk to the Brunswick Centre (about 10 minutes) to the large Waitrose supermarket there. There is also a M&S Simply Food at Euston Station although their range is limited. A laundrette can be found in Marchmont street (just up the street from the Brunswick Centre) for the boring necessity of clean clothes and there are a few restaurants close by too, but I can't report on them as I didn't use them. The British Library, British Museum and Wellcome Collection are also within easy walking distance.

This is a very busy area of town though so if you are a light sleeper I would recommend you ask for a flat at the rear. Even with a rear flat though, you should be aware that 'big-city' noise will still be audible, particularly if you find the room a bit warm, as I did from time to time, and need to open the windows.

I found most of the staff friendly, and helpful on the rare occasions I needed assistance with something. I certainly didn't experience any of the rudeness others seem to have encountered. It should be noted though that Endsleigh Court don't offer the kind of service you would expect at a hotel - a proper concierge service for example - so if you are needing that extra help/advice this place may not for you.

Endsleigh Court is a bit rough around the edges in places. Whoever painted the window frames in my flat, for example, needs some lessons on handling a paint brush - big splodges of white paint on the glass in several places aren't attractive. Also, when the linen was changed on my second week I received a replacement white bathroom mat with a very large unsightly orange stain on it, which I didn't appeciate. And, the decor in the hallways and stairwells is looking a bit knocked about and tired. But, if you can look past these 'cosmetic' issues, Endsleigh Court provides good value, basic and comfortable self-catering accommodation in a location perfect for navigating the public transport system of London.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
6  Thank debinoz
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I couldn't disagree more with the previous review. I have stayed several times and have always found the service to be just as I would expect from a serviced apartment building. The location is excellent and the staff do their jobs well.

• Stayed: October 2010
3  Thank ChrisD74
Reviewed 4 October 2010

great location,near buses and 4 mins to euston tube station

but the rooms were not even cleaned when i got there,shower did not work right,staff were very rude when i told them about the room,porters on duty did not care one porter told me if i did not like it then leave,the staff in the office were also rude.i would never stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank nova2727
Reviewed 14 September 2010

The location's good enough if you want to be near euston stop or king's cross. The flat we got however was mediocre, the staff bordering on inefficient (and this is not withstanding their behavior) - the shower couldn't be placed up properly, the toilet seat moves when you sit on it. They have a policy where they can't change the linens if there are items on the bed. However, we came back to the flat one day and the linens were replaced and the clothes on them were just thrown a side, a pair of jeans were left on the floor and my son's room slippers were just thrown about. The cleaning lady ridiculously placed clean linens over luggages. We didn't ask for a linen change or much less a cleaning on the place as we kept the place clean. We weren't given a heads up either. It's really more on a security issue.

The hot water went off but luckily, it came back the same day. What really disturbed us was that for a reason they never explained, the fire alarm went off - thrice in the same night. No, there was no fire just something wrong in the boiler room. They didn't even apologize to us guests. Everyone was a bit bothered.

The concierge isn't really efficient or respectful. The guy on the afternoon -night shift was not very pleasant - downright cheeky at times. The lady concierge was not really reassuring when those fire alarms went off and wasn't really useful. Watch out for Wendy from the management office - very unpleasant, bordering on unprofessional. She needs to be more respectful to paying customers - after all the money from our wallets is what feeds her.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank leroi86
Reviewed 13 September 2010

While the flat is conveniently located for those planning to visit the British library, I found the staff to be incredibly rude and unwilling to help in with anything. The flats are shabby and extremely loud.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank SanFranciscoSsg
Reviewed 22 June 2010

Excellent 5 minute walk from Euston Underground. Good value for money. Family had a good time in the apartments. The big one came with a washing machine which was very convenient. Kitchen was very small though which I believe is typical of London apts. The biggest upset was that hot water was down for 6 out of 7 days while we were there. Fortunately, since we had 2 apts, the other one had water more often than the other and we could take still showers. Some other residents did not have the same fortune and it was quite an unhappy situation. Overall, if you're going on a budget, it's a good choice. However, be prepared be persevere if something is not to your liking!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family