“Great duck!”

Ranked #1,004 of 22,374 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$5 - US$29
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Notting Hill
Sydney, Australia
“Great duck!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Celebrated my brother's birthday there last night with cousins from around the globe! The veges were fresh and tasty, roast duck and roast pork were excellent and the chilli has a great kick!
Wait staff were efficient, pleasant and organised our birthday cake at end of meal.
Definitely a return trip is warranted.

Visited July 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
“Too oily for me”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

The duck is too salty,the pork leg is too oily.The setting is bright and white table.Servicr is OK.More expensive than four season.

• Visited July 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Reservation recommended for dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I have been to this Chinese restaurant for lunch a few times with my family and we always managed to get a table since we always turn up at the opening time. However, if you want a table during peak hours, especially on weekends, do call up the restaurant and make a reservation. Do not worry about the language, all the staff speak English, even the one picking up the phone. So making a reservation is fuss free. I made a reservation for dinner on a Sunday evening and waited a while to be seated. I was glad I made the reservation as I saw many people waiting outside the restaurant waiting for tables. Good sign, shows the food is worth waiting for.

We ordered half Peking duck that comes with pancakes, special fried rice, sweet and sour pork ribs and Japanese tofu with minced pork. All these dishes were sufficient for my group of 4 adults and 2 young kids. All dishes were delicious but we would not try the sweet and sour pork ribs again because it is nothing special, very ordinary, all our other dishes surpassed this dish. We were impressed with the Peking duck, it was soft and tender, not too oily. As the restaurant was very busy, once we finished our food, the staff quickly cleared our plates, placed a plate of complimentary oranges on our table together with the bill. So this is not the place to linger and chit chat after dinner. We were not offended as we were there just for a quick meal, so in fact we appreciated the fast service.

The restaurant does not have a waiting area so you have to stand outside to wait for a table. Also, buggies have to be folded up as the restaurant does not have a big space for buggies to be pushed around. If you do not want to eat in the restaurant, you can order the food for takeaway.

Overall, we had an enjoyable meal and would visit again.

• Visited July 2014
“Roast Duck ROCKS!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Living in San Francisco Bay Area, we are used to a certain quality of Chinese food and a few of the benefits as locals. House soup is one of those along with the noise and a certain feel. In Gold Mine, I felt like we were at home and the food and the atmosphere was great! With some talking, the waiter gave us the house soup which is like comfort food. And of course we had the roast duck. The Roast Duck was delicious!!! It was the reason why we went there and I'm skeptical on labels like "The Best Roast Duck in the World," but it was tasty. The place was crowded, but since it wasn't in chinatown, they were a bit more nice and the place was packed with local chinese. A great sign of the quality of the food. I'd go here for a nice change from Fish and chips.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank HighMakaMaka
Singapore, Singapore
“Chinese food according to a Chinese”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Authentic delicious yummy food pretty close to what you can get in Hong Kong. After fish and chips and burgers fatigue, I brought my dad (70 over old man) to this place. Ordered the egg dish (done 3 ways into one), roast pork, vege and Peking duck. Wasn't disappointed. A decent place to bring your guests.

• Visited August 2013