“Really enjoyed the Dim Sum here”

Plum Valley Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Plum Valley Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,956 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: Located in the heart of London's bustling Chinatown district, Plum Valley Fine Dining is a sleek Cantonese restaurant that stands out along Gerrard Street for its minimalist style and smart wooden, slate and stone interior. Perfect for business lunches, pre-theatre meals and post-sightseeing snacks, Plum Valley Chinese restaurant is conveniently located near Piccadilly Circus and the West End without being touristy, and the restaurant boasts its own conference facilities well suited for private events and meetings. Dumpling lovers will go gaga for the scallop dumpling, whisker black cod roll, and we also recommend the pillowy cream custard bun, Mongolian fillet steak, and the grilled sea bass with ginger and spring onion. Or just take your waiter's advice and make a survey of the sublime dim sum or the excellent a la carte. Smart enough for dates, yet friendly to groups, Plum Valley is a great must-try restaurant in Chinatown.
Reviewed 6 August 2014

When wandering Chinatown looking for a decent meal, my daughter took a punt on here. Well done her!
Despite wanting to, I've never eaten Dim Sum before (i.e. I'm no expert) and many places only serve it up to ~5 o'clock. Here they serve all day I think. We ate just gone 5 o'clock on a Monday.
The quality seemed good to me; there was a huge range, the service was very good and it was a pleasant decor and atmosphere (calm in the Chinatown storm!). Enough for 2 (no dessert needed), 2 beers and a bottle of sparkling water, with service came to £40. Bargain. I particularly recommend the deep fried bean curd stuffed with prawns.
If you want Dim Sum, you'll have to ask for the menu for it.
I would definitely return with my partenr when in London again.

There are newer reviews for Plum Valley Restaurant

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My girlfriend and I were recommended this place by my cousin. We are from Australia and are used to having great Chinese/Asian food as we are close to Asia and the dishes in Australia tend to taste more authentic. We have been struggling to find a good Chinese restaurant in London but we ABSOLUTELY LOVE Plum Valley. We went for dinner and were greeted by friendly staff members who showed us to our table with menus in hand. We were told to ask for the dim sum/yum cha menu as it is incredible so we did and ordered quite a few dishes from that menu as well as a couple of dishes plus rice from the main dinner menu. I must say the Kung Po prawns are to die for and a MUST HAVE! We had so much food for the 2 of us that there was one point where I thought we wouldnt get through it all but it was so good we ended up finishing all the food and struggled to get out of our seats by the end of the night. We even had a 30GBP bottle of wine and our bill was only 75GBP total. I guess if you want to have a "Tapas style" chinese meal then go for the dim sum menu. Love this place and will be back soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This really is Chinese fine dining at its best. Not bad value for money considering the wonderful food, service and atmosphere. I was with a business friend. The food was washed down with fine wine and good banter.
We needed and received great service. Thanks to all.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Went for dinner before going to see a show. Food was tasty and well presented. We particularly enjoyed the prawns in Sha Cha seafood clay pot and soy sauce tiger prawns, which was beautifully presented. It's more expensive than the average Chinese, but you definitely get what you pay for.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I needed a restaurant near the theatre to take some cousins to before the show. This proved to be a luck find.
I arrived a little earlier and was seated at my table and I was offered a drink while I waited. The service was good throughout the meal.
The menu choice was reasonably wide. We ordered four starters and four main dishes with vegetables and rice. The portions were a really good size and we couldn't finish it all ! !
I would definitely go here again.
For what we order and the portion size it was good value - but we could have easily ordered one less main course.