“Lunchtime Snack”

Neighbourhood: City of London
Godalming
“Lunchtime Snack”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We always go to a Wetherspoons every place we visit. You know what you are getting. Decent food at a decent price. There were lots of signs in the pub about looking out for your handbag which made me feel a little less relaxed than usual. However considering how busy it was the food was served pretty quickly. Up to the standard we expect.

Visited May 2014

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
Valdosta, Georgia
“So good we ate here twice during our 4 day stay”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This pub was very convenient to our hotel and the concierge at the hotel recommended it so we decided to give it a try. We sat upstairs where we ordered at the bar and the food was brought to our table. We had burgers and pork sandwiches.,the burger I ate was absolutely one of the best burgers I have ever eaten. During our second trip to this restaurant, I tried the Fish and Chips. They were good too but the burger was by far my favorite meal I ate during our entire vacation which lasted 9 days and included 3 countries. If ever in London again, I'll be returning to this restaurant again!

Hong Kong, China
1,753 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 12,002 helpful votes
“Good stop for a quick lunch after visiting Tower of London.”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We recently had a quick lunch at the Liberty Bounds Pub and found our meal to be quite typical of the JD Weatherspoon's pub experience.

The location of this pub is great, being just across Tower Hill street from the popular Tower of London attraction, making it very well situated for a quick pub grub lunch. There are quite a few tables inside and the menu is varied, same that you will find in the other JD Weatherspoon's scattered throughout the country.

On this occasion, we had a Chicken Tikka Masala (£7.86) served with poppadum, naan and basmati rice. This was rather generic affair as far as a local curry experience goes. If you fancy more authentic and spicy curries , this probably wont work for you. However, if you are just wanting to sample a British style curry, it isn't too bad (3 of 5).

We also had a Burger & Beer (£8.09) served with onion rings and chips. The onion rings were soggy but the chips were fine. Burger was good enough (rating 3 of 5). We found the burger to be better than the curry on this occasion. Drinks are reasonably priced at the JD Weatherspoon pubs.

In the end, just an average lunch as far as meal quality goes but not too taxing on the wallet either. We were in and out in just over 30 minutes and spent just over £18 for lunch. We find this a good spot to try a bit of English pub grub for those visiting the area attractions.

• Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“What a great find!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Well - we loved it! I had my doubts - London and a very touristic area - however the food was delicious and a good portion too! The service was good, nothing special for a pub, someone took a drink of ours so they gave us another which was nice, great afternoon spent, especially seeing as it was raining cats and dogs! Would defintely recommend, quick, cheap and yummy! Typical English pub with great English food.

Texas
“Excellent pub grub”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I had just finished an exhausting day exploring London and needed to find a place to eat before catching my train. My last sightseeing stop was Tower Bridge, so while wandering in the direction of the Tube station, I came across the Liberty Bounds. As soon as I walked through the door I knew it had to be good - it was packed. I managed to find a small table upstairs, ordered my food/drink at the bar and sat down. The service was prompt, the food was delicious and the ambiance was great. I'd recommend this place to any hungry traveler.