“Quirky”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City of London
Reviewed 30 June 2014

While in the Tower Hill area of London we stumbled across this pub/resturant and decided to have our lunch here. We arrived at about 2pm and it was very busy inside, we managed to find a table on the ground floor at the back.

The menu here is the same as any other Wetherspoons restaurant and surprinsgly the prices weren't inflated despite the fabulous location. I ordered the Chicken & Rib combo, my Daughter had the kid's hot dog and my friend had steak and chips. Despite how busy it was, the food arrived quickly. Having eaten in lots of Wetherspoon restaurants before I wasn't expecting great things from the food - but I was pleasantly suprised. It was all cooked perfectly and was actually delicous.

Aside from the good food and drink, the whole building was full of little quirks, such as unusual seats, paintings on the walls and even the ladies bathroom was quirky!

One last thing that definitely deserves a mention is the bag straps attached to each table, whichyou can secure your handbag to so that you know they are safe! This was a nice little touch.

I'm glad we decided to give this place a go - I'd definitely go back!

1  Thank Happypandauk
Write a ReviewReviews (1,043)

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had a delicious steak at a very good price (drink included). The interior was cosy, I loved the ladies' room. Recommended.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We always go to a Wetherspoons every place we visit. You know what you are getting. Decent food at a decent price. There were lots of signs in the pub about looking out for your handbag which made me feel a little less relaxed than usual. However considering how busy it was the food was served pretty quickly. Up to the standard we expect.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This pub was very convenient to our hotel and the concierge at the hotel recommended it so we decided to give it a try. We sat upstairs where we ordered at the bar and the food was brought to our table. We had burgers and pork sandwiches.,the burger I ate was absolutely one of the best burgers I have ever eaten. During our second trip to this restaurant, I tried the Fish and Chips. They were good too but the burger was by far my favorite meal I ate during our entire vacation which lasted 9 days and included 3 countries. If ever in London again, I'll be returning to this restaurant again!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We recently had a quick lunch at the Liberty Bounds Pub and found our meal to be quite typical of the JD Weatherspoon's pub experience.

The location of this pub is great, being just across Tower Hill street from the popular Tower of London attraction, making it very well situated for a quick pub grub lunch. There are quite a few tables inside and the menu is varied, same that you will find in the other JD Weatherspoon's scattered throughout the country.

On this occasion, we had a Chicken Tikka Masala (£7.86) served with poppadum, naan and basmati rice. This was rather generic affair as far as a local curry experience goes. If you fancy more authentic and spicy curries , this probably wont work for you. However, if you are just wanting to sample a British style curry, it isn't too bad (3 of 5).

We also had a Burger & Beer (£8.09) served with onion rings and chips. The onion rings were soggy but the chips were fine. Burger was good enough (rating 3 of 5). We found the burger to be better than the curry on this occasion. Drinks are reasonably priced at the JD Weatherspoon pubs.

In the end, just an average lunch as far as meal quality goes but not too taxing on the wallet either. We were in and out in just over 30 minutes and spent just over £18 for lunch. We find this a good spot to try a bit of English pub grub for those visiting the area attractions.