“No Water”

Ranked #687 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“No Water”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I stayed in the top floor room which was up the smallest pokiest little stairs you have ever seen. I stayed here for business meetings and there was no water in the morning to be able to do anything. I called reception and they said if I waited then the water may come back. I waited for another half an hour or so and then tried it again and it still didn't work. I went down to breakfast without being able to freshen up in the hope that the extra time may get some water through. I can only assume there is some type of water tank system. After breakfast I returned to my room to find there was still no water.
Luckily I had a glass of water on my side table which made it possible for me to brush my teeth. As I had run out of time I left the hotel leaving my contact details and they have made no attempt to contact me. I wrote a letter explaining the situation and I have had no response. I recently called them and the "Manager" was very rude and complacent.
It is a legal requirement to be supplied with water and I would have been happy to accept a single nights refund which was not fit for purpose however I believe this is now insufficient.
The water system must be upgraded in the hotel to service the guests requirements.

Room Tip: Tip: Book into a different hotel.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank jiawjiaw

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We stayed at ABC for two nights and had I not paid in full on arrival, before seeing the room we would have moved to one of he many Hotels around the area.

We were placed in a double behind the reception, we had been moved from a second floor room as it was abvious that my wife would not have been able to make the stairs.

The room it self was not small but was very poorly designed.
The double bed was placed up against he window so that we both had to get in the bed from the same side.

The curtain would not fully close and the bright light outside the front door light up the room all night.

The TV and "SKY" box was fixed to the wall at the bottom of the bed so that even when we moved the bed a little way from the window you could not get passed it.

When switching on the TV it required a nack of quickly selecting the Aux option. So we had to leave the TV on all night once the SKY box was turned off so we could get morning TV.
One of there adverts said that they had SKY TV, this was the box but there was no card installed so only free channels were available.

The bathroom was small with knees against the door when you sat down on the toilet.

The tea making facilities (kettle) could not be used unless we placed in on the floor on the other side of the room.

Breakfast was a bit strange with swissroll and cheap liver pate on the menu. The only cooked options were baked beens, scrambled eggs and hard boiled eggs.

They had a notice on their board that said you could get a cheaper taxi if you booked at reception. So as we were going to a show we booked. Whilst it was a nice car unfortunatly the driver did not know where our Theatre was (not a unknown one). When we arrived we were charged £20! The return journey we decided to use a Black Cab and got back for £17.
Whe I complained I was given back £3 from reception but we left with a bad taste in our mouths and could not get out quick enougth.

We will not stay here again even at half the price. Whilst it was cleen it was not comftable.

Room Tip: Check the room before you pay for your stay. Make sure you can get into both sides of a double bed
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank AnneFrank56

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

London
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Brilliant customer service from staff at this hotel - will always endeavour to use them for any guests I have coming from abroad. Gulsam was very helpful and assisted me throughout the booking process. Loved the stay!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Banbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Don't think I have ever stayed in a hotel such such a small bedroom, but when in London the sightseeing is more important.

Very clean, and the staff were very welcoming.

Breakfast good, and plentiful (no meat).

Would definitely stay there again. Good base, and close to Paddington tube.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2012

The location of the hotel is excellent. There were several bus stations near to the hotel. The downtown was very close to it. The hotel was clean, the staff was very kind. The room was beautiful but I found it too small.
Generally we enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank bazsi895
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I've just returned from a 10 night stay at the ABC Hyde Park hotel and I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. The location is great and convenient. The tube station is very close and there are cafes, restaurants, and shops all around this area. All of the receptionists were amazing, especially Gulsam, who was very friendly and accommodating. For the price, you can not find a better deal. The hotel was very clean and well maintained. I am going back to London in June and will definitely be staying at the ABC Hyde Park hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank mhperez83
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I have stayed two times in the ABC Park Hyde Hotel and am very pleased to come back for the third time. The rooms are not too big but big enough and clean (!). The staff is friendly and helpful. It's a not a big hotel, but that's what I liked about it, its more personal. The breakfast was good (toasted bread, omelette, boiled eggs ect). Of course you have the street noise of cars passing by but that's a part of London. I thought it was close to the centre and especially the many busses that stop a few minutes walking from the hotel were a big plus for me.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business