“A good budget hotel”

Ranked #127 of 555 London B&B and Inns
Valletta, Malta
“A good budget hotel”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I have been on a family trip last March and this hotel is ideal with a reasonable price . We had a very good room and comfortable in central london. A problem that occurred was that internet wasnt working for the whole weekend but the receptionist refunded the money back on the last day of the holiday. Positives for this hotel is that it is on the green line and its easy accessible to Heathrow too especially during the rushour and quite central.

Room Tip: Room number 7
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Daniel1989_13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in dumps, this was not one of them. Actually felt fortunate to stay here for the price....positives great location, firm clean bed, quiet, lots of hot water, no snobs to be seen....negatives, hmm my wife would call it dated and the pleasant man in reception during the afternoon shift should lose the earbuds and catch a shower

1 Thank GBrears
Sunderland, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I travel frequently to London both for leisure and business. This hotel is brilliant if you want to stay on budget! They are currently refurbishing the hotel and the new rooms are really nice. I usually go for the 40 quid single basic room, which is not en- suite, because I am not that fussed about sharing toilets or showers when I am on a short trip to London. You can get the wifi for 1 hour for a pound which is really good to do some last minute organizing before bed! I've never tried the breakfast, I just pop in to the near Starbucks or Greggs with my lap-top and have a nice breakfast there for few pounds...

Yes, the staff could be bit more enthusiastic but hey its a budget hotel in London, what do you expect? People aren't event that enthusiastic about their jobs at the 5 star hotels! I just smile and really don't care - I'm not going to let a minor thing like that ruin my trip to this amazing city, that is just silly - stop moaning! :)

I highly recommend the Manor Hotel for people that want to stay on budget and aren't that fussed about minor things, if your fussed about minor things you got to be willing to spend much much much more money on hotels in London!

Room Tip: Try to get the rooms behind the reception on the ground floor, they have just been refurbished!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Sigurdur_G
Presov, Slovakia
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Considering the location on earls court -it is a boundary 1-2 zone, the price is very reasonable. Paying 60-70 pounds/night for two with en suite bathroom its ok I think. I made a deeper research and there are not many hotels at this price in central London. It is literally 2 minutes walking to the underground station, surrounded by lots of off- licences, pubs and sandwich bars. I will definitely come back. The breakfast was very simple- toast, jam , butter, cereals, coffee and tee, but anyway if you keen on full English you can get it in near pubs for few pounds. The hotel does not have a lift and it has got 3 floors and I was lucky enough to be on the 3th, however it is not that bad. And the smell, well apart the cigarettes, which I didnt smell, it is regular old-english house smell-so no surprises if you have ever been to older english house. Actually we had nice flat screen TV with remote in the room, clean bathroom with shower, towels were changed the other day. If you need wifi-it is 1 pound per hour or 5 pounds for 24 hours, you pay at the reception. Overall our room was ok not for honeymooners, but great place for a city break.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Martinnaa
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Hotel looks fine from outside, however on arrival, the receptionist insisted that I pay up front. It was very grubby everywhere with a strong smell of stale smoke, damp on the bedroom wall, and no coffee/tea facilities. There was a television but no hand control so I went back to the reception only to be told that I needed to leave a £10.00 deposit if wanted one as people steal them. Telling the receptionist I would return later with money I never did and handed the control back on our departure.The shared toilet was very small with over flowing bin, which was emptied after I complained. Breakfast was included (toast and cereal) and was adequate. The bed had a plastic mattress cover but sheets were clean and the room was warm.We wanted a budget hotel but this place gives budget a bad name and is the worst place I have ever stayed at. Overall a very neglected hotel with uninterested staff (older gentleman receptionist not even acknowledging us when handing in the key).I would not recommend this hotel - better to spend a few more pounds on a decent budget hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 21 May 2013

London can get expensive ... and let's face it, most of the time you are running the streets of this amazing city, not sitting around in your hotel room. For this reason we decided to go the cheaper route and chose this hotel instead of a fancier hotel. Well, I'm so glad we did! The room was very clean and they have free breakfast. Also, the location is literally a 2 minute walk to the Earls Court Tube, which is convenient beyond words. Also in terms of location, the hotel is in this cute neighborhood filled with groceries, kabob shops, pubs, cafes/coffee places, so you never have to venture far for anything.

OUr room was on the main floor so we didnt have to worry about the stairs or lack of elevator and having to drag our furniture in and up the stairs...so if possible, request room 7, it was great. For those of you who are clean and shower freaks like me, the shower was very clean and had HOT water everyday without fail.

As for Wi-fi, its super cheap... I think something like 10-15 pounds for 3 days.

Please save your money on shopping, West end, and food in London ... not on an expensive hotel. Stay at Manor Hotel!

Room Tip: Ground floor, #7.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RPMTravels23
Asti, Italy
Reviewed 10 May 2013

The hotel is in a good area, in a silent road, near the tube station of Earl's Court and a street with a wide range of supermarkets and restaurants. The bathroom is small but the beds are quite comfortable.
The breakfast is basic but good - toast, jams, cereals, juice, tea, coffee and chocolate. There is no lift and the stairs are quite steep.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends