“Barely Adequate...A Clean Bed.... Good Location”
Review of Manor Hotel

Manor Hotel
Ranked #125 of 558 London B&B and Inns
Delanson, New York
“Barely Adequate...A Clean Bed.... Good Location”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed at Manor Hotel for 3 nights. I had a standard room with shared bathroom. The room was clean. However, the window would not close and could not lock and there was a shared ledge where someone from the next room could come over if they wanted to. The neighborhood is ok... not great, not bad, but I felt safe at night. There is a police or ambulance place nearby because I heard sirens at all hours. The Hotel has to buzz you in and out and takes your key when you leave. It is very old and run down. I had a room with shared facilities... the shower was on the next floor and was soaked in water and so small I couldnt even extend my elbows when trying to wash my hair. My travelling companion refused to shower for our visit. We did have a sink in our room. Breakfast was ok... cereal and toast with nasty coffee. The staff was nice enough... but the hotel was definitely warn. We were on the 2nd floor... no elevator... so moving my luggage was not fun, although the front desk did offer to help. This was an affordable option, but made me realize just how expensive London is. Next time, I will splurge more, and will not be back to Manor Hotel. If you are looking for a clean bed and dont care about things like shared facilities and breakfast than this would be ok. But I couldnt wait to get home after staying here.

Room Tip: Dont get a shared bathroom.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 4 September 2013

i was enlightened by the cleanliness.
the best part abt this hotel ; it's really near tube station Earl's Court..it's on the Piccadilly line which leads to many other places of attraction.
the area surrounding hotel has lots of restaurants and few fast food chains.

awesome and cozy cot.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank NiniBibsbebe
Miami
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This is a nice budget hotel with a friendly staff (at least two of the three employees we dealt with), situated in a pleasant area near a tube station. The room was basic but clean with a very small but modern bathroom. The only problem was the unbearable heat. We took a risk by booking this non-airconditioned room and it backfired on us! After spending a day touring London in record high temperatures we returned to a stuffy, warm room that only cooled off a bit in the late night hours. We will never book a room in Europe without air conditioning again! It's just too much of a risk because you never know when there's going to be a heat wave!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Valletta, Malta
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I have been on a family trip last March and this hotel is ideal with a reasonable price . We had a very good room and comfortable in central london. A problem that occurred was that internet wasnt working for the whole weekend but the receptionist refunded the money back on the last day of the holiday. Positives for this hotel is that it is on the green line and its easy accessible to Heathrow too especially during the rushour and quite central.

Room Tip: Room number 7
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Daniel1989_13
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in dumps, this was not one of them. Actually felt fortunate to stay here for the price....positives great location, firm clean bed, quiet, lots of hot water, no snobs to be seen....negatives, hmm my wife would call it dated and the pleasant man in reception during the afternoon shift should lose the earbuds and catch a shower

1 Thank GBrears
Sunderland, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I travel frequently to London both for leisure and business. This hotel is brilliant if you want to stay on budget! They are currently refurbishing the hotel and the new rooms are really nice. I usually go for the 40 quid single basic room, which is not en- suite, because I am not that fussed about sharing toilets or showers when I am on a short trip to London. You can get the wifi for 1 hour for a pound which is really good to do some last minute organizing before bed! I've never tried the breakfast, I just pop in to the near Starbucks or Greggs with my lap-top and have a nice breakfast there for few pounds...

Yes, the staff could be bit more enthusiastic but hey its a budget hotel in London, what do you expect? People aren't event that enthusiastic about their jobs at the 5 star hotels! I just smile and really don't care - I'm not going to let a minor thing like that ruin my trip to this amazing city, that is just silly - stop moaning! :)

I highly recommend the Manor Hotel for people that want to stay on budget and aren't that fussed about minor things, if your fussed about minor things you got to be willing to spend much much much more money on hotels in London!

Room Tip: Try to get the rooms behind the reception on the ground floor, they have just been refurbished!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Sigurdur_G
Presov, Slovakia
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Considering the location on earls court -it is a boundary 1-2 zone, the price is very reasonable. Paying 60-70 pounds/night for two with en suite bathroom its ok I think. I made a deeper research and there are not many hotels at this price in central London. It is literally 2 minutes walking to the underground station, surrounded by lots of off- licences, pubs and sandwich bars. I will definitely come back. The breakfast was very simple- toast, jam , butter, cereals, coffee and tee, but anyway if you keen on full English you can get it in near pubs for few pounds. The hotel does not have a lift and it has got 3 floors and I was lucky enough to be on the 3th, however it is not that bad. And the smell, well apart the cigarettes, which I didnt smell, it is regular old-english house smell-so no surprises if you have ever been to older english house. Actually we had nice flat screen TV with remote in the room, clean bathroom with shower, towels were changed the other day. If you need wifi-it is 1 pound per hour or 5 pounds for 24 hours, you pay at the reception. Overall our room was ok not for honeymooners, but great place for a city break.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family