“2 nights Business trip”
Review of Manor Hotel

Manor Hotel
Ranked #125 of 573 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The Hotel is conveniently located near the Earl's Court Underground station. It is clean. Breakfast is a basic bowl of cereal, fruit juice, toast and a hot beverage and is served in what i think is the basement, though it is neat.
My sister however was given a room which she described as "the maids closet" due to the tiny size. She also complained her TV wasn't working.
Considering the small cost, i feel got value for my money.
It's an ok place if one is staying for just a few days.

Room Tip: Lower floors less stressful to get to, steep staircases in the hotel
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 November 2013

The hotel was smart and comfortable although a liitle cold. The staff were efficient and friendly and the room was clean and fully acceptable.
The banquet was nice but I felt they could have done with a few more servers.
Overall a pleasant stay but although I understand their concerns with energy costs the heating should have been turned on sooner.

Room Tip: From what I heard all rooms were on a par
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Phil P
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Good location just 5 minutes walk from Earls Court subway stop in zone 1, the hotel itself is ok if you just want a basic room with facilities at a reasonable price. I expressed the request on my reservation for a very sun lighted room and this was satisfied by giving to us a room with a bow window. The room had an en-suite facility which wasnt so good has the door didnt close well and the shower did not drain properly leaving every time a big pond in the basin. Breakfast very very basic consisted of only coffe, cerials and 2 slices of toast it could be much better. Lack of open space like a small patio or garden on which to smoke a cigarette.
Finally like I wrote this is a ok base for just 1 or 2 nights but it needs to be seriously refurbished.

Room Tip: room 10 has a nice bow window
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed at Manor Hotel for 3 nights. I had a standard room with shared bathroom. The room was clean. However, the window would not close and could not lock and there was a shared ledge where someone from the next room could come over if they wanted to. The neighborhood is ok... not great, not bad, but I felt safe at night. There is a police or ambulance place nearby because I heard sirens at all hours. The Hotel has to buzz you in and out and takes your key when you leave. It is very old and run down. I had a room with shared facilities... the shower was on the next floor and was soaked in water and so small I couldnt even extend my elbows when trying to wash my hair. My travelling companion refused to shower for our visit. We did have a sink in our room. Breakfast was ok... cereal and toast with nasty coffee. The staff was nice enough... but the hotel was definitely warn. We were on the 2nd floor... no elevator... so moving my luggage was not fun, although the front desk did offer to help. This was an affordable option, but made me realize just how expensive London is. Next time, I will splurge more, and will not be back to Manor Hotel. If you are looking for a clean bed and dont care about things like shared facilities and breakfast than this would be ok. But I couldnt wait to get home after staying here.

Room Tip: Dont get a shared bathroom.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2013

i was enlightened by the cleanliness.
the best part abt this hotel ; it's really near tube station Earl's Court..it's on the Piccadilly line which leads to many other places of attraction.
the area surrounding hotel has lots of restaurants and few fast food chains.

awesome and cozy cot.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank NiniBibsbebe
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This is a nice budget hotel with a friendly staff (at least two of the three employees we dealt with), situated in a pleasant area near a tube station. The room was basic but clean with a very small but modern bathroom. The only problem was the unbearable heat. We took a risk by booking this non-airconditioned room and it backfired on us! After spending a day touring London in record high temperatures we returned to a stuffy, warm room that only cooled off a bit in the late night hours. We will never book a room in Europe without air conditioning again! It's just too much of a risk because you never know when there's going to be a heat wave!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I have been on a family trip last March and this hotel is ideal with a reasonable price . We had a very good room and comfortable in central london. A problem that occurred was that internet wasnt working for the whole weekend but the receptionist refunded the money back on the last day of the holiday. Positives for this hotel is that it is on the green line and its easy accessible to Heathrow too especially during the rushour and quite central.

Room Tip: Room number 7
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family