“Cute little theater with excellent actors ”

St. Martins Theatre
Book In Advance
More Info
US$78.15*
and up
The Mousetrap Theater Show in London
Ranked #272 of 1,591 things to do in London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Cute little theater with excellent actors ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012 via mobile

We went to see the Mousetrap in this lovely little theater.We had seats on the first circle with a perfect view over the scene.In contrast to other reviewers we cannot complain about the space.We,although both very tall persons,had enough space.Sure people should be aware that they are in a theater and not at home on their couch.Talking about feeling at home,it is even allowed to take drinks from the bar into the theater.The language is also easily to understand for non-native speaker.I would certainly recommend going there to see this 'thrilling' play which is currently celebrating its 60th anniversary.

1 Thank Piepser

Dublin
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Very Enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

If you like murder mysteries then you will like this. Personally I love them and in deciding what show to see during a weekend visit to London there could be only one choice.

From the first scream this grabbed my attention. It was funny and light at times and the cast were really brilliant. Loved the special effects and the stage setting. Have to say, I did not have a clue who did it. In fact I think I suspected everyone at some stage.

We were seated in the dress circle in rows B 15 &16. We had excellent views. The theatre itself is really charming and nice and in an area with a buzz and lots going on.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank greenie75
Sydney
93 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“Worth the experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

This play is famous because it has been running continuously for almost 60 years. My wife and I are in London for a few weeks and we decided it was a good opportunity to see the play. We were glad that we did.

My wife bought the tickets on line and we picked the tickets up from the theatre box office before the play. The theatre is in a good location because it is near Leicester Square station and near various other theatres.

The theatre itself is part of the experience because it is an old-fashioned traditional theatre with timber panelling. Our seats were in the stalls whereas there is a dress circle upstairs. There is a bar area serving alcohol and there was even a man selling ice creams at intermission near the stage - this brings back memories.

However, old fashioned theatres have some problems. For example, the slope of the stalls seating is gentle and so it's hard to see around or over the heads of the people in front of you. Also the toilets are at the back of the stalls area rather than in the entrance area of the theatre.

The play itself was very entertaining and maintained your interest and attention throughout. Agatha Christie was the master (mistress?) of the whodunnit play. The plot kept you guessing right to the end.

In summary, it was an enjoyable evening and an experience we will remember.

Visited August 2012
LONDON
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Dated look but suits it fine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

Went to see the Mousetrap, was pleasntly surprised at the theatre and the great play
definitely a thumbs up from me

Visited July 2012
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
236 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 131 helpful votes
“Beautiful, but with some problems”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

This review is not for the play (I did another one for this), but for the theatre. It is a beautiful, small and intimate Theatre, and everyone was nice. But the place I choose (one of the most expensives) in the upper dress circle have so little leg space that I couldn't move my legs (and I'm 5ft 9, or 1,75m). They should make it clear when you buy.

Visited April 2012