“simply horrible!!!!!!!!!”

Reviewed 3 October 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Plaza Hotel

Reviewed 2 October 2012

Me and my two friends stayed there in April 12 for 4 nights. We were 17 and it was the very first time we were traveling all by ourselves, which made this visit at this hotel, even worse. First of all, we didn't get the kindest hospitality from the, so called, reception (consisting by the dining room).

Our room was at the top and it made it almost impossible for us to get our bagage up there by the stairs, and without any help.

We had the attic with three beds. The room had an awful stench and it was very cold since the windows were opened. The future 2 nights we had to sleep with all our clothes, mittens and double tires because of the cold. We could close the windows, but they turned off the heat in the room. The first night we just thought that it was something brokened, but after the second night we got angry and talked to the personal, which didn't understood the english because they were arabic, or something.

The "shower" was like a cabinet you went into, which was standing in the corner of the room. It was moldy, dirty and you didn't had very much hot water.

The location was a bit scary. We got to hear that Shepherd's Bush wasn't a really nice place and it often happen bad things there, so it was kind of scary to walk there by night.

The last thing I can complain to, is the breakfast. It was nothing to get replete on and we were also very scared about that part.

But if I'm thinking of the low price we paid, what did I expect then?

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Plaza Hotel screwed us. They overbooked and sent us to their friend's hotel down the street. It was called the "Euro Hotel". It was totally disgusting...even for cheap European standards. Our room was never cleaned except for the bed that was made. There was hair and dirt everywhere...including mouse droppings and parts of the wall that were dug out by the mouse. And when we looked under the bed we found a glue mouse trap with bread used to lure the little critters over. When we asked them to clean the room (especially the bathroom and mouse droppings) they became argumentative and denied having mice. I loved the embarrassed look I got when I showed him the pictures on my iphone. I just wish I could post those pictures here. They even argued with my girlfriend...totally classless. Their breakfast? Toast, warm milk, terrible instant coffee, and runny eggs...ugh!! I would rather be kidnapped and stored in a dark dungeon than stay here again!! Plaza Hotel sent us over there...hence, they take the responsibility (especially since they offered NOT ONE APOLOGY!) Grade F---

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I stayed at The Plaza Hotel for 3 x nights whilst attending a course near by. The location was very convenient and within 10 mins walk of Shepherds Bush Station (the overground station and 2 others stations were also close by). There are also several convenience shops, restaurant and take away places on Shepherds Bush Road which was very useful.
The Hotel itself is very basic. The rooms are what you pay. Breakfast is included 7.30-9am and consists of cereals, yoghurt, eggs, beans, toast, tea, jam, orange juice and coffee. Again, very basic but perfectly acceptable for a cheaper hotel.
The stairs are quite steep and the top floor really does mean TOP floor and is a way to climb so i would recommend checking which floor you are on if you have any issues with stairs.
The man at reception who appeared to be the manger was quite friendly but spoke quite poor English and didn't offer any assistance with my suitcase which you would normally expect in any hotel with stairs to climb.
The room was pretty clean although there was a bit of a smell coming from the sink pipes which i think is due to it being an older model. The showers are a bit bizzare as they are a free standing shower in the room (like a tall fridge i.e not built into another room or wall) but the water was hot every time i needed to use it so absolutely fine.
The toilets are not in the room but are shared by the same floor (about 3 rooms share 1 or 2 toilets) this wasn't an issue for me and i never had to wait.
All in all a very basic B&B/Hotel for £50 a night (which for London isn't too bad) fine for just me for a few nights and it was near where i needed to be, i would have been disappointed had i booked this as a holiday/romantic weekend though.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Katie D
Reviewed 10 May 2012 via mobile

For the money we paid it was very good. The important thing is that it was very clean!

• Stayed: May 2012
A TripAdvisor Member
London
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I booked a single room with en-suite as it is sais when you are going to book the room by easytobook, then I arrived there and the guy who was there told me that I hadn't, that my room had no bathroom and if I wanted a bathroom I had to pay 30 pounds more, so I told him I wanted to cancellate the room and he told me it wasn't possible, so in the end, he took me to another hotel next to this, to the Euro hotel and made me pay 30 more to have a bathroom. The room was in the basement so I could hear every step they made, and also they offered wifi but it wasn't in my room.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 January 2012

This hotel is disgusting, i wish i had read the reviews before we booked! It is filthyand shouldn't be allowed to operate. I think everyone else has said what i wanted to say apart from the breakfast. We arrived for breakfast at 8pm to find scrabbled and fried eggs in a dish on the side board along with a dish of beans and a plate of toast all of which were cold. The same food still sat there on the side at 8.45 stone cold. Teh dining room was also the office.Avoid at all costs!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family