“wrong hotel”

Ranked #385 of 554 London B&B and Inns
London
“wrong hotel”
Reviewed 12 May 2012

For the price we have to pay for staying in this hotel, we've expected more comfort, a good bed to sleep in and a bigger room. The bathroom was also very small.
The breakfast room was very small and there was not enough place to sit down.
I"ve have stay in any hotels in londen, but this one was the most bad one.
I'm sorry to write such a bad review, but this is my real opinion about this hotel

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

John G, Manager at Elmwood Hotel, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear our guest,
Thanks for your review on this website towards your stay at the Elmwood hotel
First of all I am so sorry to hear that you were disappointed about our hotel service.
I do agree with you that some of our rooms is such a smaller than others in the hotel.
But this is because of the central location where the hotel located.
We are trying everything possible to satisfy our clients, and you should have asked to change your room or to resolve your problems with our 24 hours reception.
I would love to welcoming you again in our small bed and breakfast hotel in the near future.
And I hoe you don't judge us from one visit,
John Girgis
Hotel manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Hotel is situated 3-minutes walking from Kings Cross station that is a huge transport hub - so, it's very easy to reach city center and almost every place of interest.
Keep in mind that rooms are very small. This hotel suits for those who come to stay in London for a few days and don't want to pay much for the night.
Breakfast is included in price and it is rather good: juices, toasts, eggs, yoghurts, cheese, bacon, different jams. It will save you approximetly 6-8 pounds daily for breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Near the tube and trains at Kings Cross. small dubbelbeds. I misses the bacon and brand fore breakfast. Kindly staff

• Stayed May 2012

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Moscow
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I should have read the reviews before booking this place... Booked in a hurry, for only reason - close to Kings Cross station. Regretted about my decision from the first second as arrived... Place is unpleasant, rooms small, cold, smell in the corridors, internet - the slowest I've ever seen. It's far too high price to pay for such a s...hole

Room Tip: Chose another hotel, then you probably have a chance for the good room...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael E
John G, Manager at Elmwood Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback on tripsdvisor website,
Regarding your 1 night stay at the Elmwood hotel,
Firstly please accept my apologies for the unpleasant stay you experienced,
But most of your comment are related to the hotel standards, which you knew well that you
Booked at bed & breakfast hotel, and for en-suite room with shower and toilet , breakfast and VAT included for £40 , I beleive it is fair, however you are not satisfy about the standard, I feel so sorry for that, please note that there is many star rated hotels just few yards from us, just you need to your money out of your Wallet, and no need get all of this worry, at the end I would love to thank you once again for your participation on this site with your feed, you as hol

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Hammerfest, Norway
Reviewed 10 April 2012

God location and Value. Skall rooms, but in a very quiet street. Lost og restaurants and puls close by.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

1 Thank RaymondR712
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I don't know what to say, this was one of the worst hotel experiences I've had. The room never got warm enough to stop feeling cold (this was Feb so maybe that's why), the water stopped running after 10pm (this meant no evening shower or flushing the toilet) and the room was small even by London standards. The front desk staff did nothing to change my view, I was happy to check out after one night and forfeit a fee to cancel my coming reservation.

It should be noted that there is wifi but the signal isn't strong enough to get you past the first set of stairs after the lobby and will not reach your room.

Room Tip: Just don't do it.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bryagha
John G, Manager at Elmwood Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Dear our guest,
Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor website towards your last stay at the Elmwood hotel,
first of all please accept my apologies for the experience and the inconvenience caused during your stay, I just wanted to let you know, Yes, it was a management fault, as the boiler had some errors and we were extremely working hard and doing everything possible to sort this issue with the boiler to prevent complaints, this issue didn't last more that 24 hours and it has been resolved, I would like to inform you this is not the level you expect of service< I do agree, but please do not judge the hotel from only one short visit didn't last for 24 hours, please accept my apologies one more time, and next time you will stay with us I will make sure the your stay more comfortable
please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assist.
John Girgis