“Excellente tour”

Cycle Tours of London
Ranked #30 of 204 Outdoor Activities in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Cycle Tours of London offer guided sightseeing tours by bicycle every day of the year. We are a family run business and take pride in showing London at its best, including famous landmarks and hard to find wonders. Our tours avoid all busy, polluted roads taking advantage of our guides' knowledge of river paths, cycle lanes, alleys and park routes. If you don't have a great time on our tours there will be no charge!!!
Reviewed 27 March 2014

East end Tour. A part of London I'd never seen. I was me and Matthew the guide and I had very nice time. He took me in places not normally visited by tourists. Nice pieces of history of London I didn't know. Place described by Charles Dickens, canals tours and the new part of the dock very animated. We went to a nice market, not Borough market but another one similar but smaller and more local. Of course we pass through Brick Lane where we had an eating break.
Thank you Matthew I really enjoyed and I'm doing of lot of publicity for you here in Luxembourg!!

There are newer reviews for Cycle Tours of London

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I travel very frequently for work and bike tours are my favorite way to see a city. Luckily the day we went was absolutely beautiful, warm and sunny! Matthew our tour guide was very friendly and we got to see all the major sites as well as some other "off-the beaten path" attractions that were quite interesting. He take you on back streets so you're not in the midst of the crazy London traffic. Which was great for me since I am not the best bike rider. Would definitely recommend this tour to anyone to see the city even if it's not your first time.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

East end Tour. I was really looking forward to this tour,and I wasn't disappointed.
Met Matt my tour guide ,a great guy ,informative and friendly
who took me to places I would not have thought about
going to.
Brick lane was fantastic,a great place
which I can now see why Matt was so full of praise for the borough, a great stop for lunch
The only problem was choosing which of the hundreds of different foods to choose from.

Post mans park was what I like about London you could so easily walk past the place everyday and not know it existed and yet it holds a lovely memorial to everyday folk from the area.
I keep returning to London and discovering yet more and more .bike tours are great!
I learned so much from this tour about London ,thoroughly recommended.
Superb!
Cheers Matt.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Our guide Matthew really made this tour so enjoyable. We took tours in other cities in Europe, both cycling and walking and the guide can really make or break it. Matt is enthusiastic and just fun to hang around with. If you can, do the East End tour on a Saturday or Sunday when traffic isn't so bad. Matt timed our tour so we got to see Tower Bridge in operation. I loved seeing the canals and brick lane and the rest of the sites. What a great and memorable tour! Thanks Matt!

My only complaint is that the office where the tour starts (shoe lane) is soooo hard to find. We missed our tour the first day after walking and walking around the area, and then had to reschedule our day so we could do the tour the next day. The construction in the area makes it difficult to find this hidden street, especially since you cannot get onto shoe lane from the street you are walking along from the Tube. Shoe Lane is underneath the main street. We walked right past it the first time, since the map does not show this. After thoroughly looking over maps, we came back the next day and once again had a very hard time finding it. We arrived just as they were ready to leave. Please post some pictures on how to find it. Tellling someone to turn right at St Andrews church does not help tourists that don't know what the church looks like. There is also what looks like a church right across the street from the tube stop. On Saturdays and Sundays the Shoe Lane area is so deserted there is nobody around to ask directions from except for other lost tourists.

Anyways I SUGGEST THAT IF YOU ARE TAKING THIS TOUR TO PRINT OUT A SATELLITE PHOTO OF WHERE THE OFFICE IS LOCATED BEFORE YOU LEAVE HOME. Regular maps do not help since there are lots of streets running off in directions all over and you cant always find the name of the streets.

Loved the tour its 5 stars all the way, but only giving 4 stars for not having received better directions on how to find the place. I see after our ordeal the website is still not updated with better directions.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

This was a birthday present for my wife. We went with our two children and were lucky enough to have Matt, our guide, all to ourselves. Although we already know the area fairly well Matt's commentary was witty and insightful. A lot seems to have come from his experiences with other visitors which was really interesting! Really comfortable bikes and a great route.

2  Thank DaveShield