“NEVER AGAIN”
Review of Goodwood Hotel

Goodwood Hotel
Ranked #449 of 566 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed in this hotel last night, worst hotel I've ever stayed in, 5flights of stairs to get to the room, booked a double room and no way was it a double room, the bed was like a prison bed! Cramped for space and the cleanliness was shocking! Stay away from here!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Ash6262626367

Reviewed 26 June 2014

In one word...its terrible...however, the manager was cordial.
Please think twice to book at this hotel. Apparently, seems that the room rate is low but once you are there you will agree that it should be within GBP 20. The photos that they deliver is totally fake. The rooms are fit for pets.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tapas P
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

On arrival, the owner was very nice and helpful but he asked for payment upfront, before viewing it?! We refused until we saw it for ourselves as he told us before we arrived that our "executive" room was water damaged, we were shown to a smelly, damp, nasty room in the basement and quickly asked to see an alternative. The second room was at least clean with a private bathroom but the bed was very uncomfortable with itchy sheets and the lock on the door was very flimsy. All in all, we would never stay here again as we didn't feel safe or comfortable but at least it was cheap!

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Tesslia26
Reviewed 16 June 2014

DO NOT STAY HERE. You have been warned. The worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

I was originally booked into a hotel next door and experienced problems with my booking, there was no room for me!( That’s another story)
It was late at night and I had no choice but to stay in this awful "disgusting” hotel. I have never stayed in such an alleged hotel it could only be described as a HOVEL.This hotel should be closed immediately it was DAMP, DIRTY and Smelled of curry. Unfortunately I had no camera with me but all the photographs from a previous guest sums up the hotel.
Whatever you do not stay here . £125 was the cost unfortunately I had no where else to stay and I reluctantly paid for the room in the basement. The room was dirty, broken furniture,stained sheets and a thread bared carpet ( I asked for fresh sheets and was told there was none ).
I was so uncomfortable I slept in my clothes and had the pleasure of 2 “bites” on my leg the following morning.
The bathroom was like a public toilet, smelly dirty and mouldy (at least public toilets have plugs) so I did not shower or even shave. Simply I had no choice as I would have had nowhere else to stay – I need a “Roof over my head”, due to my late arrival. All other hotels in the immediate area were fully booked. Please note that the area was good and a great location to visit But don't stay at this hotel.
I checked out next day – NEVER TO RETURN and had a number of choice words with the so called manager
BEWARE DO NOT BOOK
I have since raised my concerns with the local tourist board and council, over Healthy and safety regulations.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank BoomarangTraveller
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We travelled around Europe during 4 months. This Hotel was the most expensive and also the worst we've stayed in. The room was very narrow, the toilets were dirty, and the shower too.
The staff was friendly but disorganised.
We don't recommend it at all.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Max B
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This building is barely habitable. We were taken down to our basement room via a narrow, damp, smelly, corridor with no lights. The corridor outside the room was full with around 10 bags of what appeared to be linen. Our room had no decoration, head-boards, etc. The room was full of a pungent, damp smell not unlike cat urine. Upon being shown in, the Manager headed straight for the bathroom and flushed it but denied he had done so when asked why. Within 15 minutes we discovered this was because the WC regularly filled with excrement from the other rooms and therefore needed flushing PRIOR to use. The light fitting was hanging from the ceiling by exposed, live cables. The metal doorstep to the bathroom was unfixed and sharp. The handle mechanism on the bathroom door was broken off. The shower drained extremely slowly, therefore the second person was forced to paddle in the previous person's soapy water. There was a TV but the signal was so poor it was rendered useless. This was a necessary as opposed to a romantic trip so we had only needed a basic room and were due to arrive late and check-out early. However, we had not expected the health and safety nightmare that was awaiting us. We made two mistakes: First, we failed to check previous reviews. Second, we agreed to pay up-front upon arrival. Please don't make the same mistakes we did and stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stephen M
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Prior to booking the Goodwood hotel we failed to check the tripadvisor reviews. As you could imagine we were then horrified to read the reviews.

However keeping an open mind is imperative for this hotel. Upon arrival we were checked in and shown our room with very little delay. The hotel was undergoing maintenance which was slightly frustrating and the room although small and poorly equipped was clean and fit for our needs.

I must stress that this hotel is not an upmarket hotel. However if you are looking for a very cheep place in Central London to sleep it is perfect. The standard of the hotel is reflected in the price.

Although remember, if you are looking for a quality hotel with good amenities and lots of space, this is not the hotel for you.

• Stayed: June 2014