“Caution before booking”
Review of Goodwood Hotel

Goodwood Hotel
Ranked #447 of 580 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The Goodwood Hotel would be honestly better to set more realistic expectations, if it were to turn around it's poor trip advisor reviews and proactively deal with situations like mine, where we (four business people) simply just walked out of the hotel having paid £400 deposit for 4 rooms. We later went on that evening to spend £250 each for a room.

As a marketing person, could I suggest that their website, keeps it real. Rather than call the hotel a Boutique Hotel, which I am sure could not be further from the truth, why not say.

The Goodwood Hotel is a very basic, hotel, think, bed and breakfast, with shared toilets and bathrooms and more that likely decorating in progress. Our furniture is basic and the rooms are small. If you would be happy to stay in a low quality bedsit for the night - "you'll love it here'

Then say "we are CHEAP", and if you need a no frills room for the night, just to get your head down or need a hotel for some illicit activities ;-) - then at 50% the price of the cheapest London hotel, we are the place to book.

If they take my advice they'll sell more rooms and build a great business within the niche of poor quality, cheap, low expectations.

On this Basis, I would love a refund for our stay for the free advice I have imparted :-) ?

Oh and although checking in was like visiting a 24 hour taxi rank booking office, the bloke served us had a nice smile and was welcoming :-)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank SpencerGallagher

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I'm a london taxi driver lookin 2 spend a night in london but without payin top london prices,so this hotel was perfect for this reason !! Great positioning ,cheap clean no frills ......this place ain't the ritz but if ur payin hostel money I don't think u could do better...... It's 2 easy to criticise so I won't !!! Be lucky..

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2014

On arrival I was informed our booking wasn't available due to them over booking can even though they sorted us someone where at a different hotel the whole situation was unconvinent and not ideal.i feel I won't be using this site again due to maybe that could of been the problem how the double booking took place

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
1  Thank Kylie P
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed in this hotel last night, worst hotel I've ever stayed in, 5flights of stairs to get to the room, booked a double room and no way was it a double room, the bed was like a prison bed! Cramped for space and the cleanliness was shocking! Stay away from here!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Ash6262626367
Reviewed 26 June 2014

In one word...its terrible...however, the manager was cordial.
Please think twice to book at this hotel. Apparently, seems that the room rate is low but once you are there you will agree that it should be within GBP 20. The photos that they deliver is totally fake. The rooms are fit for pets.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tapas P
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

On arrival, the owner was very nice and helpful but he asked for payment upfront, before viewing it?! We refused until we saw it for ourselves as he told us before we arrived that our "executive" room was water damaged, we were shown to a smelly, damp, nasty room in the basement and quickly asked to see an alternative. The second room was at least clean with a private bathroom but the bed was very uncomfortable with itchy sheets and the lock on the door was very flimsy. All in all, we would never stay here again as we didn't feel safe or comfortable but at least it was cheap!

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Tesslia26
Reviewed 16 June 2014

DO NOT STAY HERE. You have been warned. The worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

I was originally booked into a hotel next door and experienced problems with my booking, there was no room for me!( That’s another story)
It was late at night and I had no choice but to stay in this awful "disgusting” hotel. I have never stayed in such an alleged hotel it could only be described as a HOVEL.This hotel should be closed immediately it was DAMP, DIRTY and Smelled of curry. Unfortunately I had no camera with me but all the photographs from a previous guest sums up the hotel.
Whatever you do not stay here . £125 was the cost unfortunately I had no where else to stay and I reluctantly paid for the room in the basement. The room was dirty, broken furniture,stained sheets and a thread bared carpet ( I asked for fresh sheets and was told there was none ).
I was so uncomfortable I slept in my clothes and had the pleasure of 2 “bites” on my leg the following morning.
The bathroom was like a public toilet, smelly dirty and mouldy (at least public toilets have plugs) so I did not shower or even shave. Simply I had no choice as I would have had nowhere else to stay – I need a “Roof over my head”, due to my late arrival. All other hotels in the immediate area were fully booked. Please note that the area was good and a great location to visit But don't stay at this hotel.
I checked out next day – NEVER TO RETURN and had a number of choice words with the so called manager
BEWARE DO NOT BOOK
I have since raised my concerns with the local tourist board and council, over Healthy and safety regulations.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel