“A nice alternative to a hotel”

Templeton Place Aparthotel
Ranked #17 of 895 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We have been to London a zillion of times but it was our first time at an apart-hotel, and I must say it surely do have its positives.

Location is very good if you are ready to stay a bit out of the center, the sightseeing center that is. Earls Court is a more residential quiet area with lots of small restaurants and cafes and excellent transport connection. The apart-hotel itself is just 3-5 minutes walk to the Tube station. There is a Marks&Spencer simply food 5 minutes walk away and 2 more smaller groceries on your way from the tube to the apartment.

I must admit we did have some hard time locating the apartment once we arrived, but after some 10 minutes and consulting the map, we found it. Maybe it will help some of you to know that it is located in the very same building block as K+K hotel, so if you are looking at its entrance, the Templeton Place will be on your right, the last door of the block.

We checked in over the weekend and the instructions Melisa gave us were very clear, so once we've found the entrance door, everything else went smoothly.
By the way I would really like to praise Melisa, we had quite an extensive correspondence, and she was very friendly and even managed to look well into our booking and offer us a room that was previously unavaialble.

Our apartment was on the ground floor, I would have had preferred it to be more up, but in the end it was fine. It was very sweet to have a bottle of milk, some snacks and coffee capsules in the kitchen, however it could have been great to have some more basics like salt, pepper and oil, if not for free than maybe as a add-on welcome pack or smth. We ended up buying it all and leaving in the apartment when we left, unfortunately there were only bigger packs available in stores, certainly too big for a week stay.

The apartment had everything you could think of, we loved having a washing machine and iron in it and made good use of it. The coffee machine and toaster were very much appreciated too, it was really nice to have breakfast when we felt like it, not having to rush to the resturant as it happens in a hotel. It was also fun to be able to cook yourself, though like I said before there are plenty of places to go eat in the neighborhood. There was enough cutlery and plates and cups and all the cooking stuff you can think of.

We didn't expect the cleaning since it was said to be just once per week, but it was nice to return back to the apartment one day and see it was cleaned and we had new towels and bed linen.

One of the mornings the fire alarm went off, but it stopped before we could get worried. We were later explained that some other guests had a toast burned.

I did read in previous reviews that you can't watch the TV from the bed and so it was in our room too, which is a little weird but we hardly ever watch TV on holidays, though I think its a fact that many people would like to know before booking their hotel.

There was enough storage space in room and overall the apartment was very spacious. I think it would be ideal for longer stays, but it was quite fun to stay a week in there too.

Overall - very much recommended!

Room Tip: Even the room facing the streets are very quiet, however I would have preferred to stay more up (not...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stina1978
Zoe L, PA to MD at Templeton Place Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2017

Dear Stina1978,

Many thanks for your review, it’s much appreciated! For the best rates, contact us directly at Templeton@supercityuk.com

There are newer reviews for Templeton Place Aparthotel

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Having travelled often to London and being disappointed, it was a real treat to find Templeton Place. We had a 1 bedroom apartment which was modern, clean, fully equipped and well maintained.
The attention and service from Melisa, the Manager/Concierge was exceptional..
We would definitely return here and would have no hesitation in recommending Templeton Place to friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Roger E

Dear Roger E,

Reviewed 20 May 2013

I found the Supercity Templeton Place apartments online when looking for somewhere to stay for the week whilst I was working at the Chelsea Flower Show. The reviews were good, so I booked directly through the website (which was £200 cheaper than using booking.com).

Melisa, who looks after the apartments, was really efficient with our correspondence, sending me all the information I needed for checking in on Saturday night (when the apartment desk is unmanned). It is really easy to find, and just around the corner from Earls Court underground station - so for me the location was pretty much perfect. There were lots of shops, takeaways and everything I needed on Earls Court Road. I was working long hours, so left early and came home pretty late - so ate and cooked in the apartment most days at least once.

The apartment itself was pretty good. It was a one bedroom apartment (but oddly no door on the bedroom) which overlooked the garden and was really peaceful and quiet. I was in apartment 34, which was next to the lift which I was worried might have been a little noisy - but I very rarely heard it. The apartment was clean, pretty well equipped - table to work at, another to dine at and a decent 2 people sized sofa. There is free Wifi (a little slow at times, but really good to have nonetheless). There was milk, coffee etc and everything needed to wash & clean up.

I think I would have liked if the bedroom was a little bigger and I found the microwave a bit tricky for cooking (there was a 'traditional oven' setting on it which was supposed to cook and brown food as a normal oven would, but I just couldn't figure out how that worked properly). But these are tiny gripes really in comparison to all the good things about this apartment.

I managed to catch up with Melisa one morning - she was really friendly and knew who I was and which apartment I was staying in which is a nice touch. She even kindly let me store my suitcase for a few extra hours on my last day so I didn't have to drag it to work and back, which was a brilliant help.

I would highly recommend staying here if you were coming to London for a holiday or for work as I did. Location and cleanliness / modernness of the apartment being it's major advantages. I am back down in London later in the summer and would seriously consider using Templeton Place again.

Room Tip: The one bedroom apartments all face the quiet garden, and are very peaceful.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TracyTangerine

Dear TracyTangerine,

Reviewed 15 May 2013

We had booked a one bedroom apartment at Templeton Place Apart-Hotel for a week in the first week of May. We were very concerned before reaching London as we had booked this online but the various user reviews had given us comfort. When we reached Templeton Place, all our worries were laid to rest. The earlier user reviews had meant what they say. We are extremely happy with our stay in Templeton Place.

Firstly- The location. very close to the Earls Court Tube station in Zone 1 which services both the District Line and the Picadilly Line, which basically meant that we wer epractically minutes away from any tourist attraction in Central London. The Apartment is less than 5 minutes away from the tube station and is located in a very quiet street behind the high street.

The apartment- The one bedroom apartment contained a comfortable bedroom with a queen size bed, one living area with a sofa, dining table ( for 2), TV and a writing desk. The semi kitchen is attached to this living room and is fully functional with utensils, cutlery, plates, glasses, a microwave oven, a hob, kettle, coffee maker, toaster, washer/dryer. ( easy user manuals for all equipments are available). The bathroom is huge with a bathtub.The apartment had many closets so lots of storage place. Iron box, hsirdryer, ipod dock to listen to music, stand for drying clothes is also provided. Most importantly, one days supplies of milk, sugar, coffee powder, fruits, dishwashing liquid a few scrubs and mops to get us started was also provided. That , i thought was very thoughtful. There is a common room with a small library and an ice box where one can get ice cubes. a small private garden downstairs which the guests can access.
The apartments are very clean and well maintained.

Melisa, who looks after the apartment is very warm and very helpful. They have thought of everything and since the reception is available only between 10am and 5 pm, they will even provide you with security codes to check in yourself if you are arriving at any time beyond those hours.

All in all, we had a fantastic time in London and No.17 Templeton Place was a home away from Home for us. it was total value for money. I had looked at several places before booking this apartment and for teh price we paid, we got more than what we expected. we will definitley go back and will not hesitate in reccomending this plave to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank namkolar

Dear namkolar,

Reviewed 23 April 2013

My daughter and i had the pleasure of staying at this amazing apart hotel for 8 nights last year.It was a special trip to celebrate her birthday. We looked at many options before choosing this and all the research certainly paid off. After the hustle and bustle of the crowds and hectic tours you come back to a small quiet apartment , in a lovely little side road. The location is perfect, so close to Earls Court Tube . We could explore London and surrounds easily.
The apartment had all the ammenties, the kitchen even has a lovely coffee machine! It is comfortable, well decorated and the staff are wonderful, always a smile and helpful.Our trip was amazing and something we plan to do again in the future.
We will certainly stay here again!

Room Tip: A ground floor suite is very convenient as you just walk in off the street.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank DurbanGfamily

Dear DurbanGfamily,

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Done lots of research on serviced aparements and my homework had def paid off. We enjoyed templeton place so much that my husband would call this his home in London. We booked 7 nights and found lots of things in the house are quite handy
- milk frother
- Nespresso machine
- washing machine
- oven
- mini fridge
- teas, sugar and some free snacks
- fruit

Our flat was on the 3/F facing the street but it was quiet. Building is very secure and I felt safe going back there at some nights when my husband was not with me.

We cooked our breakfast everyday so save a bit of money instead of eating out. Supermarkets are near by too to get milk/ bread.

check in and check out process is fast too and property manager is very helpful and informative.

They also have a small backyard garden for guests but too bad the weather is too cold and we didn't use it.

one suggestion : Will be good to have salt and pepper as well

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Candice213

Dear Candice213,

Reviewed 26 February 2013

I booked with Templeton Place after exhaustive research on hotels in London. I am very glad that I did. The location is very convenient, even though it is not in central London. The Tube is a minute away and is served by 3 lines making getting around a breeze. We stayed in Templeton's sister property, Nevern Place, which is right next door. The top floor 2 bedroom (#15) was light, spacious and well furnished. The kitchen is well kitted out and made our stay even better by giving us the freedom to eat breakfast in every morning, and also by having an occasional simple dinner in after a long day of sightseeing. Mini supermarkets nearby and a huge Sainsbury down the road had us up and running in no time. The restaurants in the area area quite good and there are plenty to choose from. Call ahead for a table.
Melisa, the manager of the two locations, is a true professional and went out of her way to make our stay memorable. Thank you Melisa! See you next time we are in London!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Zoe L, Pa toMD at Templeton Place Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2017

Dear jaqriv,