“Really good accommodation in Earl's Court”

Templeton Place Aparthotel
Ranked #20 of 861 Speciality Lodging in London
Vancouver, Canada
“Really good accommodation in Earl's Court”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We (me, husband and our 15 yo daughter) had a wonderful, comfortable stay at Templeton. Prior to our stay, Melisa, the manager, dealt with our reservation and questions I had. She replied most efficiently - definitely very reliable. We never did meet Melisa, since she was away during our stay at Templeton.
We stayed in a premium studio, which allows 3 persons in the room. We faced the street but never heard any street noise. It's a quiet neighbourhood. The room has a double bed and a real twin bed (you have to preorder it) for our daughter. I loved this configuration as it's a much better option than a sofa bed. This is not a cot or a mattress on the floor. This is a real bed, with a box spring and the mattress on top. My daughter said it was very very comfortable. The sheets and duvet were wonderful, and we had a wonderful sleep every night.
The bathroom was nice with a bath tub and separate shower (good water pressure too!). Bathroom products were good, and towels were nice and thick. There was also air conditioning in the room, which was wonderful to have in the summer.
The kitchen was wonderful to have. We used the stovetop, the kettle, Nespresso, and toaster to make breakfast every morning. Templeton provided some Nespresso cups, a small jug of milk and some apples - a very nice touch! There was an ample supply of plates, mugs, glasses, pots and pans. We mostly used the non-stick frying pan to make eggs. There was also a washer/dryer in the kitchen. It was very nice to have clean clothes all the time, and I realized I had hardly any dirty laundry to do when I got home - got to love that! Templeton provided a couple of detergent tabs, so if you plan on a longer stay, you should buy some (highly recommend the Fairy detergent which I tried). There's a small Sainsbury market a 2-minute walk from the apart-hotel, which came in very handy. I know there's a super Tesco a short walk away, but we never felt the need to go there, since the small Sainsbury seemed to carry what we needed.
The housekeeping lady, Andrea, was wonderful and friendly. She met us when we arrived and was most helpful. What a asset she is for Templeton!
The only things that kept me from giving this review a 5 stars are some smallish things: 1) When we arrived on a Saturday, 1 out of our 3 key cards worked. Since the office wasn't open on the weekend, we had only 1 key card between us. Not a big deal really. 2) We were locked out of using our in-room safe for the duration of our stay. We had passports and electronic devices we wanted to lock up but were unable to do so. We mentioned this issue to the front desk, but it was never fixed. Also not a big deal. 3) No face towels in the bathroom. However, none of the issues affected the enjoyment of our stay.
Overall, we loved this place. The price was great, the place was clean, and the room amenities were fantastic. We'd stay here again in a heartbeat. Thanks, Melisa, for everything!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
TempletonPlace, Manager at Templeton Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your great review, sharing your experience is of great value to our future guests!

We are really pleased that you enjoyed you stay at Templeton Place and that the apartment had everything you required.

I am sorry to hear that 2 of your keys weren’t working when you arrived, we would have happily popped by to correct that over the weekend. I am surprised to hear that no one was able to help you with the safe, I will speak with the staff member involved to find out what happened, as that is something we would normally deal with straight away.

We hope to see you again in the future!

Melisa.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We had a wonderful, five-week stay at the Templeton, while we explored London and the surrounding areas. I would highly recommend it others and would stay here again.

The location is great - it is minutes from the Earl’s Court tube, where all the District lines as well as the Piccadilly line converge (which means you have step-free, direct access from Heathrow.) The apart-hotel is on a pleasant, quieter street than the station. Our premier-studio room faced the front street; there was virtually no in-house noise although we did experience a fair bit of street noise in the evening. But by keeping the windows shut and turning on the fan (or air conditioner, which was great to have during a hot July,) we slept great (and I’m a light sleeper.)

The beds are super (firm, which we really appreciate) and the flat provides all the space you need. If you intend to prepare many of your own meals, be sure to request a second, apartment-style fridge (it even comes with a small freezer) as the one in the room is very small. The second fridge was perfect for us. There are many places to pick up groceries – the closest is a large super-Tesco which is only a five minute walk. There are also numerous restaurants. The showers were great and you receive fair-sized bottles of lotion, body wash, shampoo, and conditioner, as well as a bar of soap, on a weekly basis. The bathroom also has a dual-voltage outlet (230/115) so if you are coming from North America you can re-charge here, which is a real plus. It was also very convenient to have the washing machine, although we did need to air-dry the clothes a bit (always dry by morning except for heavy fabrics like denim.)

The free Internet worked great. There is an in-room safe; you need your key to unlock the building, your hallway, and your room, so security is great. The staff at the Templeton is wonderful. Melissa, the manager, was so helpful ahead of time, answering my many emails, and was just as pleasant in person, as was her substitute during the final week of our stay. The housekeeping and maintenance staff were also very friendly and gracious – the weekly room clean was very well done and any minor maintenance problems were dealt with immediately. Office hours are from M-Fr 8-5 only but there is an emergency number should anything happen outside that time. Be sure to book directly with the Templeton – the price is better and you will avoid any misunderstandings that seem inevitable when dealing with middlemen.

We look forward to returning.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
TempletonPlace, Manager at Templeton Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind review!

It’s great to hear you were impressed with the staff, the apartment and the location,

we really try to make people feel at home.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Best Wishes,

Melisa Patino.
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stay in Earls Court to be closer to friends in Richmond whilst still being convenient to town.

Templeton Place is very convenient for transport, the rooms are spacious and clean, it's fairly quiet for the area and good value.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Maggie R
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking time to leave us a review!

Great to hear that you appreciated the location as well as the apartment.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Melisa Patino.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is a home from home in London and I will never look for another accommodation whilst I am back in London (I go back at least twice a year). In fact I am in a process of booking another stay in Dec (this time much longer – 18 nights). We have recently stayed for 8 nights in one of the Premier Studio apartments. We (myself and my 5 year old son) could not have been happier as we had everything we needed plus more (i.e. Nespresso coffee machine and an abundance of free coffee capsules for example). This was a business trip combined with leisure (i.e. introducing my little one to London; sightseeing etc.). We had so much space and clearly defined areas in the room for my son’s play and my work (a lovely desk with a good light & a comfortable chair). Internet always worked and WiFi was of high speed. I loved Templeton so much I can probably write an easy about it but let me summarise in few points.

1) The place is SUPER CLEAN. Sparkling. New appliances. A lovely, spacious bathroom with a lot of storage. Easily to maintain too. I asked for a glass cleaning spray and a cloth so I can keep all surfaces clean and it was delivered in about 2 minutes by a very lovely cleaning lady. Cleaning – although they clearly state that they clean the room once a week; it was actually cleaned whilst we were there (unexpectedly) which was a great surprise.

2) LUXURY / PERSONAL TOUCHES – a bowl of fruit on arrival. Nespresso coffee. Milk in a fridge. Washing liquid; washing machine tablets. Little things that make a huge difference. I am in love with a Nespreso machine and cappuccino making hand device. Fluffy, thick towels. Matching table mats with window dressings. Interesting colour combination with warm touches of happy orange. Free magazines. Ceramics bowls to make a studio look more like home.

3) LOVELY SENSE OF SPACE – you do get a lot of space in the premium studio. I cooked oats for my son each morning and he sat at the round dining table by the window and watched people walk by. I worked on the other side. We had our own space. The bed was comfortable.

4) LOCATION / NEIGBOURHOOD – we had a wonderful view of very quaint mews, lovely. My son was taking pictures of the mews every day as it looked stunning in a sunshine. The apartments are in a very smart block; very discreet and also have their own garden (you need to use an access code to get in and the garden is for the guests only). There is interesting modern art all over the place plus we had a little library and ice making machine. The place is quiet (even with windows open in summer) and you have literally 2 mins walk to Earls Court station which is brill! All supermarkets, restaurants and shops are on your doorstep. The location is superb!

5) EXCELLENT SERVICE – Melisa who manages the place is very responsive and no request is too much. The cleaning ladies are very pleasant and helpful. I didn’t know how to start a washing machine (I am instructions phobic) but Melisa has responded to my email immediately with instructions and also sent a very friendly maintaince guy upstairs to show me how to use the washing machine (btw it works well and is very quiet). Deposit was refunded promptly by Melisa as promised. There was absolutely no hassle with anything.

Overall we were delighted with our stay! What a find! I lived in London for 17 years in the past and can honestly say you’ll not find a better apartment (if you don’t want a cramped hotel room) then Templeton weather you are traveling solo, with a family or on business. They offer excellent value for money and have delivered on and exceeded my expectations. Thank you! 

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank LoveDiningOut2014
TempletonPlace, Manager at Templeton Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review. We really appreciate that you took the time to go into such detail - and we’re so pleased that you were impressed with the service from the staff, the room had everything you wanted and you enjoyed your stay.

Just let us know when you’re coming back and we will be more than happy to reserve an apartment for you!

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed 14 nights, the apartments are lovely, great location, Earls Court Road is only street away. Buses run on Earls Court Road and Warwick Road, plus the tube station is only 3 minutes walk. The on site manager, and staff are friendly and very helpful, but the online booking staff are not helpful. We booked online in January, we specifically asked if the beds were 180cm wide, oh yes in our one bedroom apartments, but not the studio apartments. So we booked a one bedroom apartment, for 14 nights. When we arrived in June, we knew the beds were 150cm wide, so we complained.Melissa the manager told us there are only 150cm wide beds at Templeton Place. The booking office took no responsibility till day 14 after we had booked out. They did give us compensation, at about 12.30pm, check out is 11.00am. Not the staffs fault, the apartment was fine.

Room Tip: Ask for an apartment overlooking the garden.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lorraine K
TempletonPlace, Manager at Templeton Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review.

While we are sorry that your experience was marred by the misinformation you were given about the size of our beds, I’d like to take this opportunity to clarify that your booking was made through a third party travel agent and not directly with us. It was the travel agent that misinformed you about our beds and not our booking service.

I am pleased to hear that your travel agent has compensated you for the bad information you were given, as we did speak with them on your behalf several times to explain the situation.

I’m pleased to hear that your experience of our apartments and our staff was a pleasant one, and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed here for 3 weeks on a business trip, in a premier studio. It a fantastic place to stay in London.

Perfect location: 2 minutes walk from Earls court station. Many restaurants nearby. 24 hour Tesco (superstore) is just few minutes away, and there are also Sainsbury local and Co-op within 2 minutes walk.

Check in - I checked in on a Sunday when the reception is not available. But I got clear instruction by email a few days before check in date, and have no problem at all in the self check-in process. There is a lift but you need to use the keycard to access the corridor where the lift is.

Cleaners come every week. I checked in on Sunday, so the cleaner came in on the following thursday, then every monday. They did a perfect job, washed all the dishes, change the bed and towels. The toiletries in bathroom, as well as the capsules for the coffee makers, are also refilled weekly. For the rubbish - just leave them outside the door every morning before 8am (monday to friday), someone will collect. Very convenient.

There are everything you need in the room: fridge (small but enough for 1 person), electric cooker, toaster, kettle, coffee maker, microwave, washing machine, iron + iron board, hair dryer, safe, telephone, TV, stereo for iPod, dishes, mugs, cutlery, saucepan (3 different sizes), kitchen utensils and wine glasses etc. Can't ask for more. (I didn't know the washing machine is inside the room when I book the place, and was worried about the laundry, Turns out it works perfectly!) There is also an ice machine on the 3rd floor.

Free wifi (speed is ok, just sometimes it got disconnected, which happened a couple of nights during my 3 weeks stay, but otherwise work perfectly fine all other times)

Definitely worth 5 stars - if any suggestions for improvement, I will suggest to put a better and bigger rack for drying the laundry inside the room. (there is a small one inside the room, and I can only put one pair of jeans on). Also, the room is sort of designed for tall people. If you are short, you may have trouble in adjusting the shower head or to get the dishes in the cupboard, or use the hangers in the wardrobe. They are located quite high. (I am 163 cm and could barely reach them)

Conclusions - I really enjoyed the 3 weeks stay at this place. Would definitely stay here again next time I travel London.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Jen L
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your great review!

We’re really pleased you had such a good stay and that the room had everything you wanted.

Thank you for your feedback about the drying rack, we will take that into consideration.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Coogee, Australia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We have just spent 2 weeks at the Templeton Apartments in Earls Court and can recommend it to others - either for a short or long stay. It is difficult to find really good accommodation in London at a reasonable price so we are very happy to have found these apartments and we will stay here again in the future.

We stayed in apartment 33 (premium category). The apartment was a good size, with lounge/dining area, 2 large opening windows, and well-equipped kitchen separated from the bedroom by a frosted glass partition, nice modern bathroom, and lovely aspect looking on to the street. The kitchen/lounge had floorboards, the bedroom was carpeted. Overall, the unit was light and bright, airy (airconditioned if necessary), with everything working well. It was good too that the appliances and kitchen utensils etc were in excellent condition and spotlessly clean. Decor was modern - the colour scheme throughout was grey and white. There was plenty of storage space, the beds were extremely comfortable and the bedding was lovely too. We had no trouble spending 2 weeks here...in fact it was great coming back to the apartment each day after being out and about in "grotty" London. Cleaning is done weekly, which isn't a problem because the apartment is so easy to keep clean and tidy. A broom and brush and pan etc are provided to do any necessary tidying up. Daily garbage is picked up each morning if left outside the door by 8am - very convenient. Location wise, the apartments are very close to Earls Court tube...a very short walk away. Also, there is a huge 24 hour Tescos which is also a short walk away (very convenient for getting groceries so that you can self cater). There are also nice little touches...like the welcome pack...fresh bowl of fruit, milk in the fridge, coffee supplies and some chocs. And the luxury bathroom items...lotion, shampoo etc were nice too.

Internet was free. It was a bit patchy at times, but good overall.

Melisa manages the apartments and does a terrific job. She is very responsive to any issues, and is on the premises during normal business hours.The block is only a few years old, and the foyer, corridors, garden etc are all beautifully kept.

If we were pushed to point out any downsides, we would say that the apartments could have a bigger fridge (ours had a small fridge...integrated under the kitchen bench...but Melisa did say that we could have another fridge put in our unit if we wanted..and there is enough space to have another fridge). Also, we would have preferred to have 4 smaller towels in the bathroom rather than the 2 huge towels that are provided...we found the 2 big towels a bit unwieldy especially for getting them back on the towel rail...but then how minor is that!! The Earls Court area itself is a bit grotty but the apartments are in a quiet street away from the main road, and the EC tube is convenient to all the London sights via a Travelcard etc.

Overall, the apartments are fabulous, and we are so happy to have found a nice place to stay in London.

Room Tip: High floors have a nice aspect. All rooms would be pretty quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jnjcoogee
TempletonPlace, Manager at Templeton Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2015
Hi,

Thank you for your review and it’s great to hear that you'd recommend us!

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Templeton Place and that the staff and location met all your requirements. It is always lovely to hear that we have exceeded our guests expectation within the suite and the facilities provided.

We really look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to London and please do mention when booking that you prefer 4 small towels, as we would be more than happy to accommodate that request.