“Good food, and a great pulled pint!”
Review of The Drayton Arms

The Drayton Arms
Ranked #6,081 of 23,375 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$11 - US$21
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Description: The Drayton Arms Dining and Theatre is an eclectic mix of trusty local pub, stylish South Kensington nightspot and fabulous fringe Theatre. As sunlight floods through our floor to ceiling windows, soak up the imposing Jacobean features with a pint of real ale or over our hangover-busting brunch. On Saturday night, trade in your pint for a Cosmopolitan and embrace the sophistication of our prestigious postcode with laidback aplomb. Upstairs you will find a cosy 50 seat fringe theatre, with delightful shows every day including old favourites, new writing, cabaret and comedy.
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We have been eating at The Drayton Arms for many years on twice annual trips to England. The staff has always been courteous and helpful, and the cask ales on offer delicious. The menu is varied and tasty. There are vegetarian options, too. We have tasted many things they have on offer, and will certainly return again next trip.

LeighP73, General Manager at The Drayton Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Hi the2vus

Thank you for your lovely review. Its good to hear that having visited us regularly over the years you have found our service and staff have been consistently up to scratch, I have passed your kind comments onto the team.

If you are planning a future trip we have an exciting new range of craft beers being installed at the end of June this year for you to sample next time so do make sure you pop in!

Thank you once again for taking the time to review our pub.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

During a recent holiday in London with my family, we happened upon the Drayton Arms at the end of the block on which we were staying in South Kensington. The staff, in particular Michaela and Phoebe, could not have been any friendlier. Whether it was assisting my daughter in finding an alternative to her favorite Czech beer or helping my son choose the right traditional London fare (fish and chips or bangers and mash), they were both quick to point us in the right direction and ensure that we enjoyed a great meal. Don't miss the salted carmel and chocolate tart for dessert. We highly recommend the Drayton Arms to anyone looking for great pub atmosphere with excellent friendly service!

1  Thank Mark S

Hi Mark S

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback, I have passed on your comments to Michaela and Phoebe who both remembered you and your family.

I'm glad you enjoyed our food and beer selection and enjoyed the atmosphere and the service.

I do hope we can welcome you all back again in the future.

Many thanks

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Staff weren't great, chattinh amongst themselves and generally taking no notice of the customers but the place itself was very nice (it even has a theatre upstairs too!)
Food was bit a pricey for the size of portions but tasty
3 real ales to choose from again well kept and clean and tidy. Certainly worth a visit

2  Thank GarmischP

Hi GarmischP

Thanks for taking the time to review the Drayton. I'm glad you enjoyed the pub, food and our range of ales and recommended us to others.

I have discussed your feedback about the chatting with the team as this should not have been happening, my apologies for this.

I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Visited as a party of 6 for food on a Saturday night. Excellent menu choice and good selection of beers. Our meals did not all arrive together but that was because our waitress was having to do everything including mopping the floors, clear the tables, take drink orders and bring food out. So thank you Willow for doing your best! Food was superb, no complaints, especially the sharing dessert which went down a treat.Would definitely visit again when in London.

LeighP73, General Manager at The Drayton Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Hi InspectorCalls

Thank you for your kind review, I will pass your compliments on to Willow and the Kitchen team, I'm glad you enjoyed our sharing dessert too, it is rather tasty!

I hope we can welcome you back if you are visiting London again

Kind regards

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Really first class Sunday lunch at the Drayton Arms ... we are spoilt for choice in this area but the lunch was so good we will be going back.... Very chilled atmosphere and good service ....

1  Thank Bob722851

Hi Bob722851

I'm glad you enjoyed your Sunday lunch with us, I will pass on your kind comments to the kitchen and bar teams.

Thank you so much or your review and I hope we can welcome you back soon.