“Great location! Great air conditioning!”

Club Quarters Hotel, Trafalgar Square
Ranked #185 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Had a lovely stay at Club Quarters, Trafalgar Square, London for 5 days in July 2011. The air conditioning worked very well and the hotel was clean and well maintained. The desk staff was primarily of Russian heritage but spoke English well and were very helpful.
Close to the Charing Cross tube but don't try to get there from Heathrow via the tube if you have much luggage due to many, many, many stairs. They are working on more escalators for Charing Cross currently. Sherlock Holmes pub very close, reasonable and tasty! Garfunkel's was pricy and not very tasty.

There are newer reviews for Club Quarters Hotel, Trafalgar Square

Reviewed 29 July 2011

last year my partner and I had a wonderul romantic weekend here so came back with our two teenage kids, booking the "one room suite" and looking forward to a great few days. Oh dear. The "suite" was a double bed and a double sofa bed...which didn't impress the kids. the two beds were separated by a smoked glass collapsable partition that became see through upon turning a light on. the a/c was so poor we had to leave window open onto noise of trafalgar square each night to avoid melting. For 4 people one robe and three towels had been left. maid service was at 4.30, when people would be back from day and preparing for the evening. water stations were unstockedm both days, needing son to go three floors to get water. the bar staff each night were so perfunctory as to be borderline rude. over £400 for an experience a grotty 2 star B&B down a side street near Victoria would have been ashamed of. Forget the great location. choose somewhere else.

8  Thank MichaelSadler
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Club Quarters at Trafalgar for a Saturday night before heading off for a week in Oxford. It is located just a few steps off of Trafalgar Square (as the name suggests) towards Parliment/Big Ben/Westminster Abbey, etc. We arrived at around 10 am after long overnight transatlantic flights and were pleasantly surprised to find that even with the crush of summer tourists, our rooms were ready. Although there is the option to check-in using kiosks, we checked-in with the reception desk because it was free.

It is important to note that the credit card which I used to reserve the rooms had been stolen several weeks prior to the trip and was cancelled. In all of the commotion, I had forgotten to update my credit card information with the Hotel. When Club Quarters attempted to run the card in preparation for the trip it was, of course, declined. The hotel attempted to reach me but was unable to do so because I was flying and did have the option to cancel the reservation - BUT THEY DIDN'T! The receptionist was very polite about the whole matter and further helpfully suggested that we contact any other hotels we would be staying in to update the credit card information so that future reservations would not be cancelled, thus leaving us stranded in tourist-packed London with no lodging. It was very gracious and we appreciated it immensely.

The rooms are decent sized, very clean clean and have large bathrooms. The water pressure in the shower is fantastic. There is wired internet available for free in the room. I felt very comfortable in the room which was very quiet as it faced an inner courtyard. Because the Hotel is so centrally located, we were able to visit most of the historic areas (Buckingham Palace over to the Thames and Picadilly Circus) in the few ours that we had.

On Sunday morning, we took advantage of the continental breakfast which was very reasonably priced at 6.50 BPS for juice and/or coffee and pastries. In my experience, hotel breakfasts in London are outrageous priced so this was a convenient way to start the day. That said, there are a number of small shops and cafes in the area. Since we needed to get on the road fairly early Sunday morning, we were easily able to hail a taxi right outside the door.

The price that we paid was a reasonable 119 BPS per room. We were very pleased and I recommend this hotel without reservation.

Reviewed 27 July 2011

Good location, very close to both Charing Cross and Embankment stations. I've booked Standard room, this is supposed to be a bit larger than Club room. I was on 4th floor. A view from my small tiny window in corner of room is a plain wall in 0.5 meters. It was very dark during stay like in a bunker during a war. This is very uncomfortable. This is my second stay at this hotel. I'd rather book larger open-spaced hotel next time.

Reviewed 20 July 2011

Have just returned from a shopping weekend back 'home' to London and as usual stayed at The Grand, as I have been doing on every occasion since my 1st visit in 2009.

I always stay in room 903 because, like 902 and 901, it offers you a wonderful panoramic view of Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, Battersea power station and the London Eye. I still cannot get the in-room internet system working properly, but this hardly matters when you have unlimited and free use of the desktops, situated in the lounge area. The free use of ice machines and drinking water dispensers is another plus I'm pleased to see has remained.

So, to the negatives -

1. One of the best room features is no more. The hotel has decided to now limit how much you can open the windows by the use of security bolts. I absolutely loathe this practice as it always gives one the feeling of being locked up, and I am not a fan of air-conditioning, so getting alternative means of air flow into the room is now nearly impossible. After all this time WHY change it now? :(
2. The bath towels are REALLY small, especially for a hotel of this star level.
3. The bed was so soft even my girlfriend complained of it giving her little support, and she is a petite 55 kgs. Perhaps the bed is suffering from simple wear and tear.
4. A point my girlfriend raised that had never occurred to me before. The bed top sheet is impractical, heavy as lead, and she did question how often these top sheets are laundered. I rarely sleep under sheets, so on previous solo visits the whole lot always got pulled back down the bed.

I still like The Grand. It's location is the main seller and is truly perfect for anyone wishing to take in the tourist sights of London. The room rates are starting to creep up a bit now, so I don't believe it is the bargain it once was. This, along with the minus points I mentioned earlier, makes me consider what alternatives there might be out there in time for my next trip.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Stayed here with my friends for a weekend and it was without a doubt one of the best finds in the city. The hotel is clean, the rooms are a nice size, decor is modern, staff are very helpful especially the night guy.Free wifi and chilled water. Breakfast a bit expensive though. The location of this hotel is fantastic being on Trafalgar Square. I'll definitely return to this hotel soon and would reccommend it to any traveller.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Adama06
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Great location near Embankment tube, the river and West End. Room was nice and big. Bathroom ok. Great arrangement with food take iut delivery - cheap and delicious and muvh better choice than conventional room service. Would happily stay again

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business