“Location Perfect”

Club Quarters Hotel, Trafalgar Square
Ranked #186 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one evening, and the experience was perfect, too. We were able to leave our luggage while we toured the National Gallery, and we returned to a suite room. The suite was important, for my son and daughter-in-law were able to stay with me which made the cost of the accommodation reasonable (as it relates to the rates of London hotels). Directly across the street was the Sherlock Holmes pub and restaurant. We had a quick dinner at the pub and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Guest service manager Prashant Joshi deserves a mention, for he was welcoming, efficient and genuinely caring. Thanks again to trip advisor, we had a wonderful stay at a place I would never have found on my own.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I was met by a very amicable girl at reception during a whistle stop business trip in London. Her named is Dirce Iervolino. I explained I was tired and had young children so needed a good rest. From there on in her attention to detail and service was great. She got the room I needed and bent over backwards to be accommodating w.r.t room requirements ( quiet side of hotel etc). Later on she helped me again when I called down to reception for a white noise machine ( GREAT idea) and a sleep kit. Then on checking out Dirce got me a taxi in half the normal waiting time. Please clone her and distribute across as many hotels as possible ! There was another tall fellow ( Dutch ?) who's name I cannot recall who was also helpful. The continental breakfast was of good quality/fresh and the place is clean & tidy and in a very central location. I also observed another girl who was issuing some very good advice to some of her staff ( team briefing ?) as I waited for the lift to come down which made me believe this place is a well oiled machine. Thanks for making my third stay a memorable one !

Room Tip: Want a view of Big Ben ? Just ask !
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I first stayed at this hotel for business but the location and exceptional service convinced me to use it for a recent visit with family.

It is a brilliant location, being just off Trafalgar Square and there is something quite magical about waking up to the sound of Big Ben.

I particularly like the extra touches which make you feel like it's a home from home - the guest locker with stores of toiletries and tea/coffee etc plus pillows, blankets & irons etc.- so easy to help yourself. I also loved the resident lounge with refreshments and business facilites enabling me to work in comfort

Quite apart from great rooms and facilities, the staff were on both visits both friendly and efficient. I really could not fault this hotel. It's perfect for business, but still fits the leisure bill too

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed at the Club Quarters Hotel at Trafalgar Square in London in November 2013. It is also known as the Grand Hotel. I enjoyed my stay there very much. The hotel is luxurious, the location is central to London, and the staff was extremely courteous and helpful. Ms. Bilge at the reception desk checked me in efficiently and with a smile. She provided me with useful information about the city since it was my first visit to London. At checkout, she assisted me as well and it was a pleasure dealing with her. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The hotel location makes travel very convinient for both business and leisure with close proximity to multiple tube stations. The check-in and check-out process was fast and smooth. The room was small but adequate. I don't have any complaints other than the room being a bit cold. Turning up the heat did not help. Although this was not a huge problem since I did not spend much time in the room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2013

A very good located hotel with an impressive hall and bar. Rooms are certainly comfortable, and breakfast is really good. Friendly staff. But at the same time quite anonymous + there was a problem with the toilet in my bathroom.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

My stay is fondly remembered, with particular cheers for Matthew at the front desk. Most other staff up front were far less friendly, but helpful enough. The room was sizable for London standards and was comfortable. This hotel is centrally located in the city for tourism, not for the financial district. Free filtered water dispenser and bottles down the hall was a BIG hit with me and the free WIFI was helpful

Room Tip: If you'd like a quieter room, request one away from the front. (Higher makes no difference.) T...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo