“Great Hotel! Perfect Location!”

Club Quarters Hotel, Trafalgar Square
Ranked #186 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the club quarters at the end of December while visiting London for a theater night out. It is right next to Trafalgar Square (hence the name ☺) and a short walk to Parliament, Big Ben and Westminster Abbey in one direction and Covent Garden in the other.

The staff was extremely friendly and made sure our stay was perfect. The room we stayed in was very nice and the view of Big Ben right outside our window was pretty amazing. We got a king bed, which was actually two full mattresses pushed together with king sheets over top of them, but that is fairly typical for London and didn't detract from the comfort.

There is free WiFi, which was nice and fast and really convenient. Also, as the hotel is so perfectly located, there are probably hundreds of restaurants, including some nice late-night options, seconds from the from the lobby.

We will definitely stay here again and I'd recommend it to anyone traveling to London.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JandL_travelers

Reviewed 2 January 2014

This is a great location close to theatres and all central London amenities. Very impressed by the friendly staff. We had a warm welcome at check in from Bilge and Prashant who organised extra glasses for our room. The superior room was very well equipped with a proper hair dryer, ample storage and a spacious shower. Great facilities for water and ice on each floor.

Room Tip: Leave air con off in winter
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anna G
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This hotel was seemingly well reviewed but upon arrival I was really disappointed. Checkin took approx. 20min, our rooms were super small, the bed was sagging and uncomfortable and the furniture in the was old and did not really fit well into the room.

I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank mkarolian
Reviewed 28 December 2013

My company uses this chain frequently but on my last stay I noticed that cost-cutting is biting in. My room never hoovered during a five night stay. Limited t.v. channels. Guest service cupboards not restocked until Thursday, therefore no mouthwash, spare coffees, milk etc. I had a fridge and microwave in my room but no cutlery or crockery. Limited drinks, snacks etc available in members' lounge and I note there are only a few p.c.s left for customers to use.
My breakfast is included and paid for, but I don't often eat breakfast. On my last day, I asked the restaurant supervisor, short chap in a gray suit, confirmed by other staff, if I could have a takeaway breakfast. Brusquely I was told 'drinks only'. On asking about food, I was told 'we have no containers'. I suggested I could wrap it myself in a napkin, and he merely waved his hands in the air several times, turned around and flounced away, not another word was said.
I sat down and ordered my food, preparing some napkins to put it in, and it never appeared , after almost 25 minutes. I had to leave hungry, begrudging the large profit they had made from my 5 day lack of eating my paid-for breakfast. I am convinced he told the staff to delay my order as it wasn't busy that morning.
Absolutely disgusting way to treat regular customers, but now they have our company contract, that is the standard of service we are to expect.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Jimb0151
Reviewed 27 December 2013

A great location, just 2 minutes walk from Trafalgar Square. We had a superior room, which provided a little kitchen area, although we only used it for tea and coffee. The hotel provided loan ipads which my daughter thought was fantastic. The best part of the hotel was its location, central for sights, theatres, restaurants and public transport.

Room Tip: Some rooms can be a little noisy. Ours was near the lift shaft, which was noisy when we were gettin...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle R
Reviewed 26 December 2013

My friend and I booked two rooms at Club Quarters. We arrived the day the Prince was born which made it very exiting.
The hotel was great. I really enjoyed the location, easy to access public transportation and lots of good areas around to walk for dinner and shopping.
The staff at the desk were extremely helpful.
The rooms were a good size for a large city, very clean and contemporary.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We booked through Hotels.com...thought we got a great rate. When we arrived we were shown to the least expensive room in the hotel. When we talked to desk clerk, Matthew was very courteous and apologetic, immediately upgraded to what appeared to be comparable to what we paid for. There seemed to be a glitch in information between booking agent and hotel. We still don't know if we got what was promised.
This hotel is in a perfect location, everything is convenient. It is safe, clean, beautiful, and staff is very helpful. The free bottled water always available in hallways is especially nice. The restaurant and bar were overbooked, so we couldn't get a reservation. There is no furniture in the lobby...we always wonder why this trend? Recommend this for location & staff!

Room Tip: Rooms are quiet....ask for one which is cooler in winter...The adjusted room thermostat was too warm...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple