“Great location and excellent staff”

Club Quarters Hotel, Trafalgar Square
Ranked #192 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Staff willing to help, way beyond the obvious. They were all keen to give tourist information, offer support (e.g., lending a smartphone charger) and making our stay as confortable as possible.
The location is great - just beside Trafalgar Square: you can walk easily to most tourist attractions.
Rooms are a bit small but overall the compromise is very good.

There are newer reviews for Club Quarters Hotel, Trafalgar Square

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed at the hotel last weekend, it was everything an more.. I requested a quiet room and I am delighted the team organised the perfect room for me.. Great views of the Big Ben. Lovely large rooms and loved all the goodies... Highly recommend this hotel, especially as it is straight across the road from Trafalgar square, the perfect location in London for everything.

Room Tip: High floor
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Pros
Excellent nights sleep.
Above average bed.
Excellent location right next to Nelsons column.
Excellent facilities like guest cupboard with iron board and water fountain/ice machines.
Helpful and friendly staff

Cons
Waiting time at reception

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We have stayed in various places across London but have never gone back to any of them. We will definitely go back to this one. Location is just fantastic. Very close to Embankment and Charing Cross and Trafalgar Square is pretty much outside the hotel! Ice rink at Somerset House a few mins away too.

Staff brilliant, easy check in.

Room-I asked for a quiet one and it was quiet. We slept really well! The room was on the cramped side around the bed but it was very comfortable, nice bed and bedding. No noise from other guests. Micro and mini fridge in the room. Window that actually opened thank goodness! Housekeeping great. Near the lift is a cupboard for any extra room supplies you may need including pillows. Near to this is an ice station and water, with new plastic bottles for you to use. I thought that was great (except I didn't see it until I was on my way to check out!)

Only downside was if you were in the lobby area you had to go downstairs in the lift for the loo.

Aside from that minor point it is highly recommended!

Room Tip: As for a quiet room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We arrived early and were able to check into our room, the reception staff were very efficient and friendly. Our room was very clean and comfortable although as we were facing onto Northumberland Avenue we was expecting our room to be noisy but it was extremely quiet. The location is fantastic and we will definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at Club Quarters for one night. We booked online and got a great price.

The check in was simple. The man at the reception desk was helpful and polite and we were able to get in our room despite arriving nearly 3 hours before check in (we were expecting to be charged for early check in or just leave our bags so were pleasantly surprised).

The hotel entrance and restaurant looked quite grand - marble and chandeliers! Our room wasn't massive but it was a fair size and plenty big enough for two. The bathroom was a good size, clean, stocked with toiletries and had a great shower. The bed was very comfy and we had a good night's sleep. The room was quiet and a comfortable temperature. We had plenty of tea and coffee and there was a hair dryer, tv with plenty of channels (including a sports channel, much to my husband's delight) and an iPod docking station.

The hotel was literally a few steps from Trafalgar Square and, therefore, within easy walking distance of all of the sights, theatres and restaurants.

We didn't use the hotel's restaurants (we ate out in the evening and had breakfast at the Wetherspoon's pub just around the corner for a very good price) but the menus looked good and varied.

We were really pleased with our choice of hotels for this trip to London and would definitely consider staying here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2014

RECOMMENDED: This is my London hotel, a short walk from Embankment/Charing Cross and a single change (@ Kensington) from Heathrow, Bus 23 goes straight to Victoria. The buzz of Soho is a 10 minute walk.

NOTE: This property is actually 2 hotels, Club Quarters and The Grand, the rooms (I believe) are the same, just using different floors and a separate lift (likely some business arrangement). Club Quarters caters to corp types and has a special club room (very nice) for working.

Hotels in London tend to have strange configurations and the majority of this property are box configuration. Check-in can be tedious if you arrive during a busy hour (they are keen on using the automated machines).

I get a room facing the back as it's generally quieter but the rooms tend to be smaller. General state of good repair, though the property is aging. Bedding was comfortable and free Internet worked well. Good in room desk area and small frig. Coffee/tea as well as small frig in room.

Normally, I would rank this hotel simply as OK, however, I've seen far worse in London at similar prices. For me the location, decent room for business usage and frankly I've been a regular for years - continue to draw me back. Note: Hotel has large storage space for arriving/departing luggage.

Thus I continue to give this property a VERY GOOD review.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business