“Presidential shoe box!”

Presidential Apartments Kensington
Ranked #65 of 896 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My travelling companions and I stayed for x 3 nights at this 'apartment'- described on the blog as 'a spacious apartment with access to a courtyard'. If there were x 2 adults in this 'apartment ' - well and good, although I don't know where you would store your suitcases. For the three of us that stayed, it was a constant sideways dance to move about the apartment without tripping over anything or anyone. The third 'bed' was the fold out couch in the living room, with a mattress added to the top of it - too bad if you wanted to go to sleep before your travelling companions. Staff were completely disinterested in assisting in any way- it all appeared too much of a bother. As for the access to the courtyard we were informed '...everybody has access to the courtyard, you just have to go downstairs and out the back '...not exactly what we had envisaged . A pity because the blog looked amazing and we thought we would have a lovely spacious apartment to relax in - it was sooo deceiving

Room Tip: Don't think there are any !
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LaDee2014
Presidential_Kens, Manager at Presidential Apartments Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback.
I am truly sorry to hear that we did not match your expectations on that occasion. All our apartments’ configurations are detailed on our website; there you can find the size of each apartment, as well as the sleeping arrangements (how many beds and sofa-beds there are, and how many guests it can accommodate). Our smaller studio is 17m2, which is a standard studio size. Our studios go up to 34m2, and our one-bedroom apartments up to 50m2. If we have availability we do offer the guests to upgrade to a higher category if they wish. I am sorry if that was not made clear to you.
I am really disappointed to hear that you did not find our staff friendly or helpful. We usually receive very positive feedbacks regarding the team and I do apologize if they left you with that impression.
I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you again and show you what our true standards are. If you decide to stay with us again please contact us directly

There are newer reviews for Presidential Apartments Kensington

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Our 1 week stay got off to a very good start with the apartment staff allowing us to leave our bags when we arrived early. By noon, I even got a call from reception while I was out sightseeing to let us know that we could check in a couple of hours earlier. When we arrived back, our bags were already in the room waiting for us. Nice!

We booked a room with a large double and a sofa bed which initially looked hard to sleep on but they later brought in a foam mattress and an extra duvet which made it much more comfortable. On a few occasions, I even slept through dinner time the minute my head hit the pillow. The kitchen came complete with the works, allowing my family to have breakfast bought from the nearby M&S/Co-op stores and occasionally take out dinner all within the comfort of our room. Its location is definitely strategic...just a short walk away from Earl's Court tube station and around the corner, the main road is lined with plenty of stores, pubs and eateries just near enough to be convenient yet far enough to have peace and quiet.

I only encountered 2 minor hiccups. First, I couldn't figure out how to turn the heated floors back on after the first few nights. Also, while the Wi-fi was good initially I kept getting disconnected towards the end of my stay. I could have brought both matters up with the reception desk, but focused on enjoying our hectic sightseeing schedule instead.

All in all, my family and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Wow, if your thinking of booking this hotel or even looking through their online picture don't even bother! Where do I start? I'm always traveling around the world and have stayed at some of the best hotels/apartments that are 3 star and are better. The pictures are VERY deceiving, the lobby? Is horrendous! The staff are not professional at all! The rooms? We booked the "deluxe" suite for three people, it was on the first floor and was sooo tiny! We actually asked for an upgrade because they were thinking of giving us the basement! When I mentioned I was a blogger that reviews hotels they were quick to upgrade. There was 3 of us staying there. Firstly the hotel is filthy! Towels and floors look so awful that you don't want to use them or walk with no shoes on. The "double bed" is actually TWO single beds joint (VERY HARD AND UNCOMFORTABLE) the "sofa bed" was the worst thing I've ever slept on, it was hard as rock and the covers had a bad smell. The "balcony" view was even worse, it is opposite a hostel! It get horrible around 9pm, I can't believe how bad this stay way. From creeping doors to hearing every footstep/sneeze/toilet flush in the hallway and next room. Everything from furniture to the remote Control was filthy. I will never stay here again! The location is AVERAGE! Cleanliness is the worse and the are not helpful (kitchen closes so early) there was only two water bottles on the fridge when there was 3 of us. Please don't wast your money on this tacky place.

• Stayed: May 2014
6  Thank Fs3ali

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am very sorry to hear you were so disappointed with your stay. I believe you had originally booked a Deluxe Studio apartment, which can be located from the lower ground floor to the top floor. Before you arrived to check in we had upgraded you to a Standard Suite, which is bigger and has a separate bedroom, free of charge. But upon check-in you advised us you did not want the upgrade because you did not want a room on the lower ground floor, we arranged another room for you on the first floor, this time a Presidential Studio with balcony, which is 34m2. I am sorry to hear the apartment did not match your expectations although the team did their best to accommodate one that would match best your requirements.
I regret that you haven’t addressed any of your concerns about the comfort of the apartment itself while you here, giving us a chance to investigate the matter and make it up to you.
What a shame you did not enjoy our location, we are really lucky to be so close to Earl’s Court tube station, with the District line and Piccadilly line reaching Oxford Circus and other top destinations in 10 minutes, we are walking distance to the Science Museum and the National History museum, or the famous High Street Kensington.
Overall I am very sorry that we let you down, although the staff tried to be as accommodating as possible, offering you a free upgrade and a free late check-out at 2pm. If you wish to discuss your stay further please feel free to contact us directly.

Regards,

Reviewed 16 May 2014

This hotel was really quite good, sadly I probably wouldn't stay there again for a few reasons. The first is that they don't have full queen beds, just two singles together, which when you are as tall as me can lead to some real discomfort. Secondly the room never seemed to get cool enough, even though the air conditioning was on full blast. Lastly the hotel is opposite a hostel, which can get quite loud at rather strange times of the night due to arrivals of large groups. Apart from this the room itself was very nice, spacious. The kitchen facilities provided were very good and the presence of a real oven was a big plus. The location of the hotel was great just down from Earls Court station and I walked back one evening from Hyde Park corner with no difficulty. The room did have that sense of class that you look for in a room but could do with more power points.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed here for 1 week in August/ September 2013 & had a studio apartment which totally fulfilled our needs. The reception staff were excellent, very helpful & so friendly. The location was fantastic, so close to public transport ie: Earls Court railway station & buses. Marks & Spencer was at the end of the street which was an added bonus!! We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The studio apartment was ample for a couple.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roses00
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

On arrival there is no parking, the nearest is a 10 minute walk at the Copthorne Tara for £35/24hrs. The room we had agreed, a deluxe with balcony was not available, and the alternative we were given was an appalling joke - a tiny 'balcony' in a basement, down dome stairs and squashed in between 3 walls. The rooms and corridors are 'home-for-the-elderly' over-heated. The single pane windows shut out no noise at all making it feel as though you're sleeping in the street. We also both have bad backs from sleeping in the hard bed which you can feel the springs through. The staff were lovely, helpful, disappointed on our behalf but unable to do anything more than a 5% discount and free breakfast. Save your money and go elsewhere.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Presidential_Kens, Guest Relations Manager at Presidential Apartments Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on our apartments.

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused to your trip and we are very sorry that the apartment you have booked was not available.
All our apartments have the same facilities however the size change.
We have noted your comment about the mattress and we will rectified it.

We would like to see you again and would like to offer a 10% discount towards a new booking.
Please feel free to contact us directly and we will be very happy to assist you.

Regards,
Elisa Ferrari

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed for a short two nights back in March and were pretty happy with our stay. We had the cheapest one bedroom apartment. It was definitely expensive and not in the best of upkeep, but it was very large and definitely upscale. I can't recall exactly, but there were a number of high end touches that I was not expecting and was pleased with. The location was great, in a good neighbourhood with easy access to the tube (a great nearby pub is the Blackbird, across from the station). Everyone at the hotel was friendly, and we were very happy overall. If you can get a room for a decent price and know what you're expecting (slightly dated, worn luxury apartments), I would definitely recommend a stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends