Open today: 11:00 - 21:00
Review Highlights
thoroughly enjoyable walking tour!

Jenny gave us an informative and insightful tour! We had a blast and highly recommend it... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Lisimil
Absolutely brilliant!!

Jenny was amazing. She was informative, funny and really knew her facts. Highly recommend this... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Emma H
Yeovil, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews sweeney todd wealth of knowledge brilliant tour would highly recommend this tour our tour guide victorian costume aldgate station serial killer subject matter walking tour victims theories whitechapel murder facts insight gruesome
Reviewed 26 November 2018

If you have an interest in Jack the Ripper, or simply want to learn more about this part of London, then I can't recommend this tour enough. Our tour guide - a lovely lady in Victorian costume - was so knowledgeable and entertaining. The two and a half hours flew by, mainly thanks to her delivery and endless facts. We passed five or six other Ripper tours that were happening at the same time, but our guide was the only one who looked the part and was the only one passing around photographs and maps to accompany her discussions. It was clear that she has a genuine interest in this period of history, and wasn't just doing it to supplement her income (as many tour guides working in London do). If you're thinking about doing a Ripper tour, then this is the one to go for.

Date of experience: November 2018
Jenny P, Owner at Jack the Ripper Walks, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2018

Thanks so much for your great review, much appreciated Jenny

Reviewed 26 November 2018

This was an excellent tour! Two and a half hours flew by. Our guide dressed the part, sounded the part and was a wealth of knowledge. Not once was i bored, she was in a class of her own.

Date of experience: November 2018

Thanks you so much I am glad you enjoyed it so much

Reviewed 23 November 2018

Jenny is passionate about her subject matter and provides fascinating insight and genuine knowledge of history on this part of London in the late 1880's.

Date of experience: November 2018
Jenny P, Owner at Jack the Ripper Walks, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2018

Thank you I am glad you enjoyed it!

Reviewed 22 November 2018

I attended this walk with a friend on a weekend visit to London in September 2018. I had previously been on two other Ripper walks in the past but my friend had not and really wanted to go on one. I am so glad I booked us onto this tour and I have to say, from my experiences, it is the best by far.

The Jack the Ripper tours/walks are really popular for tourists in London so there are many taking place. The subject matter is mysterious to many, as most unsolved historic cases are, and therefore this will always be a good subject as a tour, however, I'm sure there are some tour guides that have just read and absorbed the details but don't always have that passion behind it. This is where Jenny specifically differs.

Dressed in Edwardian garb, with her companion, "Jack", she gives real authenticity to the experience but it isn't just for show. Jenny has studied, researched and breathed these murders in their entirety. She provides you with details that, from my limited experience, other Jack the Ripper walks do not. Yes, she has laminates to hand around, as many of these tours do, but her knowledge behind the subject is second to none.

The East End of London, specifically Whitechapel, has changed so much over the years. I first attended a walking tour in the late 90s so I have seen how locations do not look the same as they would've done. However, Jenny describes the atmosphere of that time so vividly that you can immerse yourself in how it would've been back then.

What I found so exceptional about this tour was the following. Jack the Ripper has just become a character - almost like a mysterious caricature of himself - and it's easy to forget the brutality of what was quite clearly and very plainly a vile and sadistic serial killer. Whilst we are disgusted by the actions of modern day serial killers, we seem to have turned "Jack" into some historic icon. We also have become immune to the victims' plight, since the pictures are so used to being viewed now and, after all, it was so far back in the past. But what Jenny does is she adds reality to these murders. She describes the hard lives the women had back then and she also puts a very realistic spin on her opinion of how the murders occurred and who could've done this. I had never heard half of the information I heard on this tour before and I have read a lot about the subject.

Jenny talks about these murders for the atrocity that they were, as if we were watching it play out on the news in the current day. This leaves you feeling how you probably should feel about such a brutal reign of terror - horrified for the victims of such awful brutality.

In light of the above, anyone interested in true crime but possibly "bored" of this particular subject would enjoy this tour as Jenny "investigates" it as a murder case, and not just another gruesome tale to tell.

I would highly recommend anyone to attend this walk. I told Jenny at the end of her tour that if she wrote a book about this subject, I would buy it. I was so impressed, as was my friend.

Date of experience: September 2018
Jenny P, Owner at Jack the Ripper Walks, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2018

Thanks so much for your brilliant review it makes all the hard work worthwhile!

Reviewed 19 November 2018 via mobile

This was a great tour and I def recommend doing this at least once in your life to learn about the infamous Jack the Ripper.
our guide has 25 years of knowledge and knows the area and the stories so well she has researched and to this day researches on the ripper and you can tell she loves it and shares all her knowledge

Pickup drop off aldgate tube station
Do it!

Date of experience: November 2018

Thanks for the great review, glad you enjoyed the walk!