“Nice but not comfy”
Review of 73 Studios

73 Studios
Ranked #399 of 930 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The bed and the pillows were rock hard, we ended having to buy a couple of pillows as they only had hard ones. Rooms are fairly small but you'd expect that in a terrace hotel! Other than that, the staff were nice and friendly and the rooms had good amenities. One other point, the hotel doesn't have a sign outside if it... Took us a while to find it!

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed 21 May 2013

The hotel must just have been redecorated because it was realy clean and looked brand new inside.
The rooms was big , free wifi and a nice bathroom.

The hotel itself is in an old appartement building and the rooms are appartements , The soundproofing in the walls are terrible so i could hear the person in the room next door talking in his phone and actually listen to the conversation :P

Room Tip: Get a room on the upper Levels. Less noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Pukkverk
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I stayed in one of their apartments for a whole week and enjoyed it. Luckily, I was there during low-season, so it was only around 60 Pounds per night. It's true that it is not very easy to find, as nothing is written outside the building! The people at reception were nice, and we always came back to a clean, fresh room. There is no lift in the building, so be ready to carry your luggage up the stairs! This hotel belongs to a company that owns other aparthotels, listed on the website magicstay.com.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 28 February 2013

we stopped here on our visit to london, very nice apartment with every thing you would need, we booked 4th floor,our own fault as we wanted a nice veiw, but didnt realise no lift, so a lot of stairs, no good if your not very mobile, also the pic of the outside on internet dont match, easy to find though 73 invernes terrace.the lady in reception was very friendly.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bowler24
Reviewed 10 December 2012

This place is appaling we spent 15 mins walking up and down the street trying to find it. It had NO name outside was full of builders rubble and sheets at the windows. The photo on booking.com and trip advisor is NOT the hotel the nice picture is actually a building down the road (seperate hotel) we knocked on door and was eventually let in the place was pokey and dirty we had to walk through a kitchen not wider than an average hallway in a yerrace house to the 'reception' which was in fact a woman sitting at a kitchen table with a lap top. This place was awful and is not a hotel more like a bad b and b. We checked straight out this was not what we booked we went and found a proper hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I made a big mistake of booking this hotel, I say hotel, it really should be closed down, through booking.com. For the first time I did not check this hotel with Trip advisor,I wish I had. At £129 per night I thought it would be of a reasonable standard. When we arrived we had to walk up and down the street a couple of times as we could not believe no:73 was a hotel as there was a pile of builders rubble at the front and an old blue car. Eventually we asked a postman and he confirmed our worst fears. How the owners have the cheek to call this a hotel I don't know. When we eventually gained access, as you have to press an intercom system just to get through the front door, we walked down a narrow hallway through an old what looked like a kitchen into a back room with a woman sitting at a desk with a computer. She asked who we were and could not find us on her bookings. I informed her that under no circumstances would we be staying at this place as we thought it disgusting. If they have not even got pride to make thr front of their building look respectable then in my opinion the rest of the hotel was going to be just as bad. I took some photos as no one would believe this was a hotel. The photo on booking.com is not this hotel but another house further down the street. The hotel also lied to booking.com telling them that I was a no show. Please do not go to this hotel. For £30 more than what we were being charged I booked a 6th floor room with direct views of Westminster bridge and Big Ben at the Park Plaza Westminster there is no comparison.
Please check the photo advertised with booking.com of apart hotel 73 and the actual photo I took on Saturday. This is also the last time I will ever book with Booking.com as this is the second time this year I have been mislead by them.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple