“TERRIBLLLLLEEEEEE”

Central Hotel
Ranked #253 of 573 London B&B and Inns
“TERRIBLLLLLEEEEEE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

The hotel is very dirty no hot water in the shower no cleaning service in the rooms very noisy hotel if I can call it hotel I payd 35£ a knight for a room of 2m×3m alot smaller then a prison cell very unpleasant hotel staff and the worst of all my wallet and my laptop and my money was stolen from the room

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Hebrew first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Travelled to london for my brothers cremation . Expecting a normal hotel WRONG. Apart from it being filthy there was screaming shouting and a chanting going on from many guests till i eventually left at 3 in the morn . Had to wake my brothers wife to come get us. They admitted there was awful noise and offered me my nights refund hs ha what a joke that was in dec . No money recieved again many excuses . E.g forgor it ,cant bank from their bank to mine , forgot it again ect. My mum was 87 what a horrific experience for her night before cremating her son. If you want to be terrified and horrified this is your hotel . Its 5 months later no refund .recieved

• Stayed October 2013

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Kaneohe, Hawaii
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

So, we prepay via Expedia, for three nights. Cool. Show up the first day at four in the afternoon. Normal working hours, yeah? That's what we thought. But no receptionist. Had the same problem as everybody else- nobody answered the phone, et cetera. No keys for us in the flower pot, either. Ended up going in through a fire escape that was left open, for whatever reason. Found our room, with the keys inside, beds unmade, trash still in the can, no indication that this was actually our room other than it was the only available two-bed room. So we crashed there, because we already paid for it, why not. Next day the man serving breakfast tells us that this is a regular occurrence and nobody does anything about it, and the receptionist still doesn't show up until two that afternoon, after which he just checks his book and says, "Okay, you're good." The hotel itself is in terrible condition, with peeling wallpaper and lots of odd smells, it looks very much like somewhere one would shoot a horror film. All that said, the breakfast was good and the man who served it was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Don't do it.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Leicester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Don't be put off by the horror stories. We stayed at the Central for 2 nights at the end of November. We paid £106 for 2 of us. For £26.50 each per night we had a large room, twin beds, tea and coffee making facilities with plenty of tea/coffee, uht etc. The sheets, I believe, were either laundered or boiled washed,the beds small but comfortable. The room was shabby but clean as was the bathroom. The small refrigerator was clean. There didn't seem to be any breakfast but there was a big bowl of fresh fruit which, in my opinion, was better than the usual cold toast or dry croissant most hotels serve as 'breakfast'. The hotel is in an ideal location for the shops and more importantly the tube/bus/coach station is literally a 2 minute walk away.
The Central isn't the Dorchester but then neither is its price. We WILL stay there again :)

Room Tip: 1) Don't expect 4-5 star room or service when you're paying YMCA prices. 2) Phone the hotel...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank sare58
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

People DO NOT GO THERE is a dump the most orrid and scary place in the world. STAFF is equally rude and lazy. Rooms are out of a horror movie. NO need details trust us please dont waste your money!!!!!

4 Thank loramcfly
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

I booked this very last minute on a Sunday morning for a stay the same day.
When I arrived the hotel was locked, I tried the number stuck on the door which was switched off, so I left a message.
I waited 20 minutes then called the number on my booking email which took me through to a central res.
They tried to call the hotel too but couldn't get an answer and then informed me the hotel doesn't attend check-ins on a Sunday and there should be a key under the flower pot!
There wasn't.
As I gave up and walked back to my car a man came out of the annexe next door and finally let me in.
He was the best thing about thix hotel, very friendly, helpful and apologetic but I was still annoyed at waiting outside for an hour to get in.
Add to this the general depressing nature of the hotel, and the fact that the dining room didn't appear to be open for breakfast the following morning and I wouldn't recommend it.
That said, I stayed because I was attending an event at Kenwood House and for this the location was perfect.
I walked there (about 2 miles, 45 mins) but got the bus back which was really easy.
One other plus point - the pillows on the bed were great and the bed itself quite comfy.
The hotel just needs the owner to spend some money on a refurb.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Rachelc5849
Bathgate, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Kind of mixed feelings regarding my recent 2 night stay. At the end of the day it is pretty cheap for London, Zone 3.
Room was big enough for the 3 single beds. A wee bit grubby but the sheets were clean on the bed. My mate looked for somewhere to hide valuables and came across a pair of ladies briefs behind the radiator, that had clearly been there a long time. The en suite was pretty shabby, a lot of mould that had just been sealed over around the bath etc. The room itself was really roasting and it was difficult to leave the windows open on the ground floor, especially in the morning when other guests find their way there to have a cigarette.
The dining room was a bit dysfunctional, they tend to wipe the crumbs onto the floor to clear a table for you when you need one. Not a great deal of choice for continental breakfast and the cooked breakfast consists of toast and eggs (no bacon, sausage or anything else) just eggs, fried, scrambled etc cooked to order.
The staff seemed pleasant enough and I guess they are just working with what they have got.
It is a 2 star, but I am not sure who awards the stars. If you just want a cheap hotel to transit through then fair enough, just don't expect too much for little money.
Sorry but I don't think I'll be back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends