All reviewsgolders green tube stationbudget hotelbreakfast choicesnice breakfastminute walknorthern linemain roadhome from homebed was comfortablesingle roomtea and coffee making facilitiesrooms are cleanrecommend this hotela great stayyogurtlocation is greatpubs
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

We spent one night at the Central Hotel in August when visiting London for the Rugby League Challenge Cup final.
We booked this hotel as there was the option to park and a nearby tube station.
Unfortunately these were the only positives. The hotel was very basic and the general areas unclean.
Our double room was tiny and in great need of modernisation. The bathroom was mouldy and in need of a good clean. The carpet was dirty, with hair in and desperate for a good vacuum. The room was uncomfortably warm but opening the window made it difficult to sleep due to traffic noise.
We felt we had seen enough and left without breakfast.
Location is good but we would definitely look for better options when visiting London again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2017

You don't get much for this price in London and I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. Off road parking, friendly welcome (we arrived late and the guy on reception was great) good clean room with everything we wanted. The rooms are clean and come with fridge and tea and coffee facilities, they could do with updating particularly the bathroom but was better than I was expecting for the budget. The breakfast was excellent and much better than I've had in more expensive hotels. A short walk away are the restaurants etc in Golders Green as well as Golders Green tube station. Would recommend this hotel as a good budget option when in London.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew W
Connor V, Manager at Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Hi Andrew W,

Thank you very much for the positive feedback, glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

My company booked me into this hotel for two nights working in London.
My room was a superior single which might get into trouble with trading standards but that depends on what the standard rooms are like.
Pros
Room was clean, some off road parking was available with limited free road parking and Golders Green tube and shopping area a 5 minute walk away.
Cons
Room needed a facelift
Busy road close by with road noise
Toiletries consisted of a bar of soap
During the night there was a constant humming from something above my room (23)
Could not comment on the continental breakfast as I left early each day.
At the end of the day the room is cheap and clean but very basic for £60 a night

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank stevefencer
Connor V, Manager at Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Dear stevefencer,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I am saddened to hear the room was not to your liking. We are constantly making improvements and looking at ways to enhance the guest experience, it is ongoing. Regarding the humming, I can't comment on that but I will investigate.

It is a shame that you didn't have time for breakfast! Hope you decide to come back at some point and that it will be a better experience for you.

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

I paid a couple of quid shy of 60 for a single room. To be fair for that price in London I wasn't even expecting a proper bed, but I had a quiet unassuming little room with a nice bed, and adequate bathroom facilities. Nice breakfast was thrown in. Parking available on site or street parking. Staff said Golders Green was 10 minute walk away, I did it in 5 no problem. I was attending a party in Leicester square and this was a perfect place to set up base with the night tube stopping at Golders Green. So, bed, breakfast, free parking, free WiFi and even free sweets on the reception desk for a fraction of the cost of a hotel in central London. No Complaints here.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank garythefrog

Dear garythefrog,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay here and that you had no cause for complaint.

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

I had booked the hotel very last minute and offering a low rate but close to where I needed to be. Although there were some negative comments my schedule meant that I would arrive late and leave fairly early so it was just a place for a head rest for the night.
At about 20.30 when I arrived, the front door was closed but it was answered quickly and booking was just as quick. When I got to the room the door was open as it could only be closed when it was locked by key.
I was given in the description a superior single room which was a complete mis-quote as there was nothing superior about it.
A rickety single bed next to peeling wall paper under a cheap curtained window. Although the shower was en suite and was in a better condition than the room there were issues as well. The hot water tap moved when turning on and off and the shower took an age to warm up and at the and only managed to achieve real heat with the hot turned right up and about 4-5 minutes into the shower.
It's not a place I would recommend based on my very short experience.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Dear Emanuel H,

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. I am sorry that the room was not up to the standard you were expecting. We are rectifying all of these issues you have mentioned and are committed to improving standards throughout.

Again, thank you for your time in providing your very detailed feedback and I hope that you will consider coming back again at some point.