“was good and has become refurbished ....”
Review of Hotel 261

Hotel 261
Ranked #319 of 571 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Ola S

Reviewed 15 May 2013

This place is nowhere near as bad as the reviews described because hotel is refurbished recently as per as my Knowledge, actually this hotel is quite comfortable and near to central London . As many people know's that London Hotel's are very expensive in summer but this Hotel is worth for what I paid.
Tea ,coffee, Juice, Cookies in the room
Its 15 min walk able distance from Shepherds bush market or you can take Bus No: 207, It will stop in front of the Hotel

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paris D
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I spent 1 night in this place and I would never EVER go back! The key for my room didn't work properly and I had to ask a cleaner (who doesn't speak English at all) to help me. It was frustrating! The room itself was dirty. The duvet and sheet were old (i could see holes in it and it wasn't white any more). The bathroom was also dirty. The mat by the shower was not changed after previous guest (or even guests). I noticed hair inside the shower. I payed 50£ for the room that I was too disgusted to sleep in! Plus they do not serve breakfast (well, I don't think I would be brave enough to eat something from their kitchen anyway). The location is not that good as there are no shops around and you have to take a bus to the nearest tube station. The Hotel is run by an Indian lady who seems to not have any idea how to manage the hotel. The receptionist doesn't speak good English and he is not helpful (he seems to be tired of working there).

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Emma C
Reviewed 31 October 2012

price drove us out to shepherd's bush to stay at this sad hotel.

the room was grubby and smelly, and the staff were deplorable.
when i asked for a replacement for my towel which was threadbare, i was told that it was impossible as all their towels were perfect.
the next morning as we checked out, i showed the towel to the same staff member who did apologise, but it was a bit late.

the location is useless unless you need to be in this squalid part of london,
and i would not be surprised if the same threadbare towel just went back into circulation.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pete b
Reviewed 2 October 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel for the last few days of the Olympics. The GOOD things about it was that the price was fair, especially since most of the hotels were jacking up their prices due to demand. It also had a refrigerator which is important to me and they had some little cookie crackers and an orange juice next to the coffee maker. However, it was very old and rundown both coming into the hotel and also the room. The carpet was old, paint and tile not too great either. No phone or clock and when I went downstairs to ask for more soap and another towel (I was staying 3 nights so didn't want to use the same towel over and over as they literally only gave you 1 big towel. No hand towel, no wash cloth, just 1 shower towel to be used for every need...I wanted another one part way into my trip), I was told I was already given those items. :oO Um...OK, but the soap is now a tiny little chip of a piece and the towel has been used a lot due to there being nothing else. I begrudgingly got more soap but not another towel. I am OK with going cheap and such but this was just too bare bones for me. It also wasn't as close to the tube station as said. Yes, it's not very far from Shepards Bush Gardens tube but not Shepards Bush which was also listed as close. it's a 20 minute walk if you walk fast...not very good when you have a big suitcase to lug around. Overall, I wouldn't stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We had a nice stay in this Hotel, I think they done refurbishment recently. Enough room size for 2 people and Value for the money in Olympics time. helpful lady in the reception and Hotel is clean and tidy . This hotel is near to central London and Shepherds bush shopping centre

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple