“Makess Faulty Towers seem appealing”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel 261

Hotel 261
Ranked #352 of 573 London B&B and Inns
England, United Kingdom
“Makess Faulty Towers seem appealing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

One of the plus sides of the room was that it had walls and a roof. In fact those were pretty well the only plus sides. One other plus point was the disused picture hook on the wall which came in handy as there was no wardrobe, hanging rail or even a coat hook!!!
It was badly dated and the carpets could have been used in a period drama. The room was so small I went back to the reception to ask whether it was a single or a double. The furniture had missing handles and was not clean. The TV had a tick layer of dust. There were stains on the pillow cases and I found a lot of long dark hairs on the towel.
Sitting on the loo was a challenge and I am not a big person but I was in contact with two walls! I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TartanWanderer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Stayed here for one night as had a party nearby. We had a double room which was really nice the decor was nice and had some lovely touches. The bed was comfy and we had fresh clean bedding. We had our own shower which was clean and very powerful. All the staff were friendly and very helpful. Next dau we took a trip to Westfield which was only 10 mins away on the bus which left right outside. We enjoyed our stay here and will be using this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013
Chard, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

In a hotel with a no smoking policy, to be kept up by people drinking and smoking out of their skylight is a bit of a surprise... After changing rooms for the second night we were again disappointed as there was broken glass on the floor - with a child in tow this was something of a concern. The reason we moved to the room with the broken glass was because the previous one smelled of illicit substances! Whilst I don't expect them to monitor the behaviour of all guests, they could at least have cleaned the rooms thoroughly. On a positive note, you can walk to Shepherds Bush in 15 minutes... I suggest you then get a train to a different hotel.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Gareth E

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night recently as I was going to a gig at the Empire & it was tricky for me to get back home. I booked this hotel as it was described as a 5 minute walk from the venue. It isn't!! It is about a 15 minute walk!! However the 207 (I think) bus stops right out side.

My room was small, but it was only for me so it was fine. It had a double door entry which I initially thought a pain, but when I got into bed I realised it was for noise reduction & it was a brilliant idea!

My bed was comfortable, the sheets clean & fresh. I had my own toilet & shower. There was also a couple of really nice touches. With the tea & coffee facilities was a carton of orange juice & also a pint glass for water!

I really enjoyed my stay & will definitely use the hotel again if I go to another gig at the Empire!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

It is a decent hotel with very friendly staff, quiet rooms and good location; good value for the price. We are regular guests so we can see all the improvement that has been done recently; the hotel is becoming nicer and more comfortable every time we return.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Nottingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Compact room "single"..Drawer broken, Kettle could done with a rinse out. Soap left over on sink from previous guest. hairs on the floor. bed linen was torn and had got holes in it. stop again I think not..It's a long walk to the circle line Shepards Bush especially if your not to good on your feet

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank keith b
Leamington Spa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

This hotel is spot on for the money, i stay in zone 2 regularly for business and given the location to price ratio i didn't expect much. I was pleasantly surprised, the hotel offers large rooms which look like they have been recently decorated, friendly staff, clean, and the usual TV, kettle etc. Its a brisk walk to the central line tube and given the price i'm sure i will stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business