“absolutely brilliant”

Cuisines: Diner
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We could not believe our luck on finding this place. We were staying in 5* hotel but did not want to pay £24 for breakfast so we had just started walking when we came across katies. We had a full english breakfast and a good mug of coffee all for £5. Would highly reccommend anyone to try this place for a really lovely meal.
Dave and Lisa

Reviewed 23 November 2011

I'm a regular here so am definately biased but I think this is a place to treasure.

Situated in some of the most highly priced real estate in the world, surrounded by some of most expensive restaurants and hotels in London, you can still get a full monty English breakfast with toast and coffee/tea for a fiver (£5).

The place itself is cafe style, cheap and cheerful not fancy in any way. The food comes fast and furious: a big mug of builders tea or reasonable coffee, hot buttered toast and then a massive plate of bacon, egg, tomato, sausage, beans and chips (my mouth is watering as I write this!).

Most of my friends who I take there struggle to finish it but if you are prepared it's no porblem...and for a weekend hangover breakfast this is ideal (they serve it all day in case you get up late).

Service is extremely efficient but still friendly. Customers are a real mix from builders to bankers, locals, visitors and office workers. Landsdowne Row is great for people watching as you eat or digest.

There is a full breakfast menue if you cant face the English (but you should try at least once) and they also do a good trade at lunctime in takeaway and sitdown lunches.

So forget your overpriced hotel breakfast and try this place for a taste of real London dining (and one of the great English contributions to world cuisine), you won't regret it.

Great value and highly recommended.

NB At night, this place is taken over by another operator offering coffees and hookah smoking but I have never been then to be able to recommed. Try this place for breakfast.

Reviewed 24 October 2011

Went for lunch with my boyfriend. I ordered an omlette, chips and salad - the salad was mouldy. The waitress took it away and I asked them to discount the bill because of the mouldy salad. They discounted it by 50p! I refused to pay it but (although we were happy to pay for my boyfriend's meal) - but they wouldn't let me leave, and called the police. They then told me that there had been no mould on the salad; the waitress (having taken the evidence away) told me that she saw it but would be backing her manager. She then refused to talk to me. Before the police arrived, I agreed to pay the bill as I needed to get back to work - the managers (a man and his wife, I think) smirked and then charged us the full price - without even the 50p discount! From my first interaction with the manager, he was rude, patronising (calling me "honey") and aggressive, telling me that they work hard for their money, they can't afford to take my meal off the bill. He would not even listen to me. After we paid, as I walked away, he shouted, in front of his customers, "Indian white [--]!".

6  Thank Neeva B
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Called in here when staying at the May Fair hotel for a coffee, felafel and a Shisha. Nice enough place but I nearly died when I got the bill. £26 for the above mentioned items, nothing more. When I questioned the bill I was informed my 10 puffs on 1 Shisha, 1 flavour was £15. Someone is definatley having a laugh. Never again. I have informed the hotel mgt to warn other guests to this mass rip off.

2  Thank linda&co
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Enough said- go, eat, smile!
It's great to be in Mayfair and get great food for breakfast at a truly 1980's price.