“Great hotel - perfect for a weekend”

Boundary Rooms & Suites
Ranked #605 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We stayed her for our wedding anniversary and were very pleased with the hotel.

Good room - spacious, comfy bed, great bathroom.

We stayed in room 11 which is the Eames corner room.

Very nice hotel. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Sausage1010
Michael R, General Manager at Boundary Rooms & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Delighted you enjoyed your weekend, hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2011

We have now stayed two times at the Boundary and will always go back when we go to London. For my husband and I it is the perfect hotel for several reasons. 1. It is very small and intimate; 2. it has three really great restaurants; a basement level very fine dining restaurant, a ground floor fabulous happy lunch and breakfast restaurant and a roof terrace also great for lunch, drinks, tea, and dinner in the good weather.; 3. the hotel staff are the friendliest hotel staff in all our travels we have ever encountered. They greet you and meet all your needs very happily and graciously. In a word they are eager and positive all the time. 4. the rooms are all beautiful, light filled with huge windows and comfortable. This hotel was designed by Terrence Conran the design retailer and each room is designed in the style of a famous designer like Eames or the Shakers, or Andre Puttman. This is not silly design its very sensible for each room. The hotel was an old factory building and the rooms are large and commodious. The lighting is beautiful. No stuffy old stoginess here. Down to the smallest detail all is beautiful clean modern and comfortable. Great beds linens pillows chairs sofas desks bathrooms tile its all really really nice and well maintained. It is not cheap but a good value.

Room Tip: all the rooms are good
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank tuxedoSanFrancisco

Thank you for the review, delighted you had a great stay.

Reviewed 24 March 2011

I only live a short ten minute walk away from the Boundary and for long time had been eyeing up the attractive red brick building that sits neatly on my commute to work, dreaming up a scenario that meant I could come and stay. My wife's Birthday presented me with that opportunity. A surprise weekend in London complete with a 1 night stay in room 31 at the Boundary. Being regular day trippers to the Albion cafe, having enjoyed a couple of excellent evenings in the restaurant below, and my wife's Birthday frustratingly falling in the roof terrace off-season, it seemed only right and proper to cane the room service!! We ordered a two tier Fruit de Mer accompanied by some Champagne. Barely able to move after such an enormous seafood feast, we managed waddle over to the couch and selected a film on the Apple TV (I nice touch I thought!) and slumbered the evening away.

In summary, the room decor was great, the service excellent, attention to detail remarkable (including selection books and magazines), clean and I'm always a sucker for a good hotel bathroom. I certainly wasn't let down here!

Now all I need to do is dream up another good excuse for a night in another room, I hear they are all different by design.....

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review and many happy returns.

Reviewed 23 February 2011

We stayed at The Boundary for 4 nights in December over the weekend of our wedding. As our flat is less than 3 miles away, it did seem a little extravagant but we had a fantastic stay and would thoroughly recommend the hotel, and we would definitely go back.

The service is excellent - every member of staff we met during our stay was extremely friendly and helpful, without any of the pretentiousness you might expect from a London hotel.

We had the Corbusier room, which was extremely comfortable and a lot bigger than it looked from pictures on the hotel website. It had an excellent bathroom, loads of storage space and a great bed.

The location is fantastic, tucked away just off Shoreditch High Street within walking distance of literally hundreds of bars and restaurants, as well as galleries and boutique shops. It's a really interesting area of London and hugely preferable to spending a weekend surrounded by tourists in the West End, for example.

The Albion cafe on the ground floor provided a splendid wedding breakfast and we had a great meal in there on our last night in the hotel. We also ate very well one evening in the Owl & Pussycat pub just along the road from the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChaletLaGiettaz

Thank you for the great review, it really is appreciated.

Reviewed 11 February 2011

Stopped here for one night on my own, its a a good hotel.
I was warmly welcomed at the door and at the casual reception desk. Check in was very simple and I was shown to my room and given a brief introduction to what you get.
The bedroom was very nicely decorated and spacious. There was a comfortable large double bed, flat tv, air con, tea making and mini bar.
The bathroom was not large but very stylish with a double sink and large shower.
In the evening a member of staff brought a newspaper and ice bucket to my room.

I tried the cafe restaurant which is a casual place serving classic british themed menu. The food and service was excellent and priced reasonably.

I enjoyed my stay here I settled in quickly and felt very relaxed during my stay.

I have a few things that I would ask the hotel to consider for future guests that could make it even better and add more justification to the fairly high price:

The breakfast was very disappointing for the money £13 for toast in a tray without a plate, one tiny portion of jam only and a bowl of museli is not good.
The tea and coffee tray is great with the tea pot and caffetere but it does need decaffinated options, hot chocolate and a range of teas which is now standard in most hotels
It would be nice to get some bottled water in the room.

There was a lot of late night noise from the street outside but I am not sure what they would do about this but it did spoil my sleep.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank docscooter

Thank you for taking time to review Boundary, your feedback is valuable and most welcome. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 December 2010

I have to say that this is one of the best hotels that I have stayed in London. The rooms are a great size, comfortable and clean, bathroom is just amazing and the staff is just superb. All my coleagues that stayed with me were just so impressed with the hotel that they have stated that they will be coming back to this hotel when they are in london next. I can't fault the hotel and the staff at all and YES, I want to come back to this hotel for sure!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business

Delighted you had an amazing experience, hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 21 November 2010

We stayed on a saturday night in a boundary room ... room 13 .. .... well what can I say probably one of the best places i have stayed ... Great location for where we wanted to go ... great friendly staff .......Large room and very modern and clean .......... Lovely turn down treats ................ We arrived back late and the Albion Restuarant accomodated us .... amazing food .. great service and sent the remainder of our wine to our room ! Perfect .... V modern.... V Stylish ..... Lots of room (V Rare ) ...............

Only down side our room was opposite the laundry room ??? not sure ... I can sleep through an explosion ( I know this cos I have ) however my hubby struggled as there was this droaning all night!!! he heard doors cars etc ............... Me i heard nothing

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business

We look forward to welcoming you back really soon.