“Half measured cocktails” 3 of 5 bubbles

The Gable
Ranked #8,038 of 22,225 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, European
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: City of London
“Half measured cocktails”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Typical city venue, we stood watching the bar staff making cocktail after cocktail, short-changing everyone with half measures on every shot, too much ice and no love whatsoever!

1 Thank APDLondon
GableManagement, General Manager at The Gable, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear guest,

thank you for taking the time to write a review. We allocate a lot of time and resource in training our team to make the cocktails to the very best of their ability. This is not only so that we can provide our guests with best quality drinks to also to ensure that we are meeting legal requirements in terms of weights and measures. I am very sorry to hear that you felt the drinks we not being made correctly and would urge you to contact me on the email address provided so that I can complete a full investigation.

info@thegable.co.uk

Guildford, United Kingdom
“Downmarket these days”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is now very much a "happy hour" place in the evenings, packed with junior office staff on Thursday nights especially. Everyone leaves when happy hour ends, Downstairs looks like a bordello so don't risk taking clients there unless you think red lights are perfect.

Food is cheap for the City, reflecting the quality. Service is patchy: OK at lunchtime, terrible in the evenings. There is no discernible management of the young staff.

The Gable has now been crossed off our list for business entertaining.

Review refers to lunch as the choices force a selection on TA, but I have also attended evening functions with food (terrible).

It would not kill them to sweep up the heaps of cigarette butts in the street outside in Great Bell Alley, left by their customers.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
GableManagement, General Manager at The Gable, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is very important to us to understand exactly how our guests feel about our products and service. We do attempt to cater for a large cross section of people who work in the area. Our aim with the diversity between the two bars has always been to provide options for our guests. I am very disappointed to hear that you did not feel that our cellar bar was suitable for entertaining clients. If you do consider visiting again then perhaps you could liaise with me directly and I can ensure that you have an area that might prove to be more suitable to your needs.

We allocate a large amount of time and resource to the training of our team and will continue to do so while taking in to consideration your comments about our service.

I hope you'll be pleased to hear that we are currently developing a new evening menu which should be launched over the coming weeks.

We will, of course, continue to monitor any littering that might take place outside the venue by our guests.

Thank you again for your feedback and should you wish to discuss further any of the points about your visit or arrange a visit in the future then please do not hesitate to contact me on the email address below.

Kind regards,

Info@thegable.co.uk
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Venue for a Private Party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I needed a space in Central London for my engagement party, and for a Saturday night, downstairs at The Gable proved the perfect, private space for a celebration, which excellent London-themed decor that proved very popular with my friends!

From the first contact with The Gable team we had our endless list of questions and requirements met, and when we arrived on the day not only was the food we had ordered ready to go (and very tasty it was too!), but the number and quality of staff was a genuinely pleasant surprise. They were incredibly helpful right throughout the evening, and meant that once our guests started arriving, I really didn't have to think about a thing.

We were having a dance lesson halfway through the night which the team were really helpful with in terms of getting music etc. set up, and for the second half of the party they sorted the lights and disco balls to really ramp up the atmosphere as we headed towards the end of the night.

The space was ideal, the team helpful and the value extraordinarily good for private venue hire in Central London. We were really very happy indeed, and would recommend this place to anyone for a party!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GableManagement, General Manager at The Gable, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I'm looking forward to sharing your comments with the rest of the team that worked at your event. It is very encouraging to hear that our guests enjoy our private hire facility at the weekends. I'm very pleased to hear that your event went well and look forward to seeing again in the not too distant future.

london
“Happy Hour??”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stopped by for a couple of drinks after work last Friday, last minute thing. I hadn't booked a table and it was very busy, so I was very pleased that a member of staff took the trouble of letting me have a table that was reserved but wasn't being used until later, thankyou. In addition, he took our drinks order and subsequently came round to ask if we wanted more drinks, which we did. So good so far, however I have just been looking at some reviews and was amazed to see all the reviews about the fantastic Happy Hour. This wasn't pointed out to us at any stage, so our 6 drinks that we bought could have been 12! I feel really cheated now...

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GableManagement, General Manager at The Gable, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear guest,

thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really do value all feedback about our, venue, products and service.

I am pleased to hear that you received good service from one of our team members.

With regard to your comments about our happy hour - I am very disappointed to hear that you felt cheated. I can assure you that is never our intention. We offer our guests a happy hour discount to give them added value. We hope that our guests will appreciate this discount and return to avail of the offer again and again. It is something that we like to communicate to as many people as possible. We do this with messaging on chalk boards outside the venue, messaging on posters in the venue and even print it on our till receipts. We have decided, since reading your review, to retrain our team to let customers know verbally as well.

Thanks you again for your feedback and if you need any further information about our happy hour offer or any other aspect the venue then please do not hesitate to contact me on the email address below.

info@thegable.co.uk
London, United Kingdom
“Nice decor, could improve other things”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

We went on Friday lunchtime, okay, busy but they got our table reservation wrong and we waited 20 minutes to get a drink, only having a hour's lunch! Food came quickly and the fish and chips was good value and was tasty. It's an okay place but depends on when you hit it, I had been there before on a midweek day and it was better.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Dibbsa
GableManagement, General Manager at The Gable, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to write a review. Feedback such as this is very important to us as it lets us know exactly how we can improve our products and service. Since reading your review we have decided to invest more time and resource into training and our delivery which will, I'm sure, prevent the issues that you have mentioned from happening again.

I do hope that you visit again in the not too distant future and experience first hand the improvements. Please feel free to contact us on the email address provided so that I can personally oversee your next visit.