“A really friendly Bayswater/Notting Hill gastro pub”
Review of The Prince Edward

The Prince Edward
Ranked #430 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Notting Hill
“A really friendly Bayswater/Notting Hill gastro pub”
Reviewed 13 December 2012 via mobile

Great food, and even more importantly really helpful and friendly staff. Would recommend to anyone and will certainly come again.

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
“Last of the real pubs”
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Staying on the area and decided to visit Prince Edward based on the positive reviews here.

Fantastic service from Chris the manager as well as Roberto Sergei and Olga.

The breakfasts are superb, great portions and expertly cooked. I also had a steak pie ad chips and that was amazing. According to my wife who had a couple of coffees they are as good as any I make. :-)

The Rioja was very good value and excellent. I can't comment directly on the ales as I am not a big beer drinker, but in the two days that we have visited we seen lots of people drinking there and not a single complain!

It has a charm lost to many other bars in the area and a relaxed atmodphere that is rarely experienced in this day and age.

Well done to Chris and his team, we have no doubt that the place will continue to go from strength to strength under his leadership.

Wel shall return! Jess and Ari

Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent food”
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We have eaten here regularly and find that the food is of a very high standard. It has a good atmosphere and the ambience is good. The pub is also very handy for us when we stay across the road in the Shaftesbury Premier hotel.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank i k
Sydney, Australia
“Close but unexceptional”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

On last visit ate here 2-3 times because of its closeness and found the food quite good. I am not a real beer drinker but it was cold!

Visited June 2012
A TripAdvisor Member
“Worth the long walk”
Reviewed 2 August 2012 via mobile

My husband and I wanted some "traditional English" food rather than the McDonalds or Burger King around the corner from our hotel. We asked for a recommendation at the front desk and were told if we were willing to walk they could show us where to go.
With no name to go on but only directions we managed to find "the Prince Edward."
We were seated immediately but then forgotten for 5-10 min (there only seemed to be one woman serving all the food).
My husband ordered the Badger Beer battered fish and other than a few bones, it was terrific. Far better than another exclusively Fish and chips place we'd tried earlier.
I ordered the steak and ale pie and it was great.
The server was friendly and helpful and we totally enjoyed our experience.