“Efficient service, delicious food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sophie’s Steakhouse - Covent Garden

Sophie’s Steakhouse - Covent Garden
Ranked #317 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$12 - US$75
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: Great steak, giant martini's & guaranteed fun. Open all day, ideal for business lunch, post work cocktail, a perfect pre & post show hotspot, fabulous dinner with friends or big blow out with a party. Our steaks are cut from naturally raised, native breed British beef, much of which we age & butcher in house. Whilst beef is our thing, we have other favourites BBQ ribs, grilled fish, roast chicken, fresh salads & amazing homemade puddings. We are all about the personal touch & great for any occasion.
London, United Kingdom
“Efficient service, delicious food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Customer service was absolutely excellent, staff were knowledgable and informative, even providing personal recommendations as to how best cook the steak! Overall a thoroughly enjoyable experience with a relaxed atmosphere. Will definitely be recommending.

• Visited May 2014

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Pitea, Sweden
“Great place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Me and husband went before going to the theater and was seated right away. Waitress was absolutely fantastic and service was great! We both had the grilled tuna and I was surprised about how good it was! Portions are plentiful and tasted fantastic! The place has a nice buzz about it without being to loud and they have some nice cocktails! This is a perfect place to visit before heading to a show!

• Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great vibe and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Popped in very last minute on a Tuesday night, staff all really helpful and friendly. The place had a great atmosphere and buzz about it - a liveliness you want in central London whilst still being able to enjoy the people you're with etc, the food was really nice, good steak and mash potatoes were surprisingly good.

Singapore, Singapore
“Great food, excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

A family-friendly restaurant which offers a kids menu and balloons for the little ones. We didn't realise the kids menu was on the colouring paper (activity for the kids). Haha. Portion was huge and the kids were naturally delighted to have their plates full of chips. The steak was great, according to my hubby who is a fussy eater. The rest of the family and I had Fish & Chips and one plate could seriously feed two people. We were all so full at the end of the meal. :P

Best of all, service was excellent! We were in a big group of 6 adults and 2 children and were worried that we might not get a table without any booking. But that was not an issue and we did not even have to wait to get seated. Unfortunately, a wait staff lost her grip when serving us drinks and unintentionally overturned a glass of orange juice. The contents spilled all over my mum, the chair and the floor. My mum was fuming mad as the back of her cardigan was all soiled. The poor wait staff quickly apologised for the mishap and went to get the Manager. Despite my mum's poor attitude towards the wait staff and Manager, he maintained his professionalism and what he did thereafter to remediate the situation totally wowed us away.

Thumbs up for the top-notch service! We will definitely return to the restaurant if we visit London again. :)

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The poor waiter service needs to be addressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I have been to Sophie's quite a few times. I am constantly disappointed by the restaurant waiting staff. They can be rude and seem like they would rather be somewhere else. This might be an attempt to come across as 'cool' but it fails terribly. The last time I went there I declined to pay the service charge and I had no challenge about this as the server knew they had been obnoxious. On a separate occasion the state of the toilets was like a festivals. Loo roll everywhere, bins full. I did inform the Manager but not sure why it had been left to get to that state in the first place.

The Theatre Menu at Sophie's is value for money (for a London restaurant) you can get 2 courses for £13.

I do like the Bar (which is why I go back there) although the bar area is small. The bar staff are good and professional- and the cocktails are also good for £10 each which may seem expensive but they pack a punch.

I am disappointed because I really want to like this place - the fact that it is not a one off experience is something that needs to be looked at and addressed by the owners.

• 1 of 5 bubbles