“Awful”

Dylan Apartments Kensington
Ranked #428 of 579 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

I cannot begin to describe how awful this place is. The room was dirty and very smelly. The staff were so rude. It was much smaller than a standard hotel room despite being advertised as a 'serviced apartment' I would strongly advise against staying here.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank manderley7614

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Rude staff on arrival, Card to enter room was near impossible to use.followed by a vile stench when entering the room. The room, stained carpets and walls, cracked windows tiny tv with no reception, bed falling apart, so called kitchenette on it's last legs and fridge unable to close properly.Tried calling reception with phone in room and it fell off the wall and didn't work.The bathroom was no better everything barely working and leaking.
When I did get to speak to reception they said someone would come to have a look funnily enough no-one came.
Avoid this place like the plague.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lachlan S
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Me and my mate stayed here for 3 nights in the studio apartment. It's basically a small twin room. It has decent facilities such as a decent sized tele, Small wardrobe and kitchenette area. Complete with toaster, microwave, fridge etc. The En suite bathroom is really small but functional. Shower is good. Beds are comfy.
We basically needed a room with a bed for a few nights while we were out all day. After reading some of the reviews we feared the worst but were pleasantly surprised.
Minor gripes were that the room is sweltering. There's no plughole in the sink in the bathroom and the bathroom light doesn't have a cover and it looks quite bad. Oh and the carpets need replacing.
Overall we were very happy with our stay. If you just need a place to stay for cheap then I'd recommend this place or certainly this room. If you're after a luxurious room then this probably isn't for you. It certainly isn't as bad as some of these reviews are stating. Or at least our experience wasn't.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 3 October 2013

The room we had, no 315, was at the top of the building. To get there we had to lug cases up 3 flights of narrow stairs. The bed was squashed up against the wall and the mattress was so soft that you felt as if you were going to roll off the edge. The wardrobe looked like a very cheap diy job. The bathroom was the size of a bath. Outside was Warwick Road, it appears to be a main thoroughfare. You hear traffic all day and night, made even worse by the fact you will get ambulances going through with sirens blazing, even in the early hours of the morning. The room is stifling hot. If you open the window, you cannot hear yourself think with the noise outside. There is a fan, which doesn't help. There is no air conditioning.
We booked the apartment as being fully serviced. This basically means they pull the duvet (too thick for the time of year) and put a few clean towels out. The apartment is self-catering. We did cook a meal, but with only a saucepan and a frying pan, two hobs and a microwave, you are restricted to what you can cook. Being fully serviced, we were expecting the used cookware and plates etc to be washed by the next evening. When we arrived back in the evening we found nothing had been washed. We also found none of the bins had been emptied. We have stayed in other fully serviced apartments and everything has been cleaned and tidied away.
The shower, although hot, provides you with a trickle of water. The toilet seat is not seated properly on the toilet, so you are not sitting properly on it. The fridge requires defrosting and the kitchen sink does not drain properly. The carpet in the room and on the stairs looks as if it needs a thorough clean.
The whole room, looks as if it has been created on the cheap and with no care put in to it. It is not an apartment, it is far too small to deserve that title, It is just a cheap room in London.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank del12x
Reviewed 28 September 2013

More than a week after no response at all to my written report on safety, fire, health and security issues to the single owner director ...my advice would be to look at the company register and assets and liabilities and various blogs and reviews about this 'chain' before you book and then whether the assessed risk is worth it and whether their corporate silence indicates anything...this Dylan Lettings Worldwide Ltd one of three ..Paddington, Earls Court and Kensington seems to operate differently judging by research across reviewers across a number of traveller blog organisations ...no room inspection allowed prior to paying, no response to complaints, 5% surcharge on debit/credit cards ...staff who have little knowledge of emergency procedures ...etc

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank trailswest2008
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Let me start by saying I am a business traveller who stays in 3 star average accommodation in London a few nights every week for many years. I do not expect bells and whistles for £100 - £130 pounds. When I entered the reception another guest was leaving and warned me how bad it was. So I requested that I see the room before paying, I was informed this was not possible and after a long day and flight I agreed on the guarantee that it was a recently refurbished room. The room was horrendous and stank. I have stayed in better 2 star accommodation in third world countries!!

I got sent to another apartment a10 min walk away which was no better.

I have spent the last 2 hours walking around every hotel in the area and type this from the refuge of another room paid for at my own expense.

Book this dump at your peril.

Room Tip: Don't book any